“Best place to visit in Manali. Period.”
Review of Cafe 1947

Cafe 1947
Ranked #2 of 145 Restaurants in Manali
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe 1947 welcomes you to the surreal Himalayas. The name of the cafe symbolizes freedom, as India got independence in 1947. We believe food and music are the gateways to the road of enlightening ourselves.That is why we endeavor to flavor you with the best of it.We provide the most exquisite Italian dishes prepared with ethnic Italian cheese and spices.Music nights are also routine.Live music is performed by professional musicians along the river.There are also live jam sessions from time to time with visitors from around the world joining in.
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is the best place to be in Manali, hands down. I heard a great deal about this place from my friends. When I visited Manali, first thing I did was visiting this place. Man, I was blown away by the beauty and ambience of the place. The music playing in the background is so refreshing and soothing. And the owners themselves are kickass musicians. They play awesome music. Really talented those guys are. Stay metal, bros!! \m/. Very friendly and polite staff too. I spent 3-4 days in Manali and this is the only place I visited for food. Yes, that good the food was. In all, fell in love with Manali more because of this cafe. I will be going back soon and this cafe would be in the top of my list.

Seriously guys, you don't want to miss this. When you go to Manali, you must visit this place. YOU'LL LOVE IT!!

Cheers!!

1  Thank Tarun791

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The ambiance is very good. With rock music at the bay and soft cozy seating arrangements beside the river banks. The food is decently priced. But absolute continental. Indian taste buds might not relish much. Healthy cooking must say.

Bhargavas, Owner at Cafe 1947, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Namaste Shayak
I hope you are and fine and enjoyed your trip of Manali.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our Location, Ambience and the Music. :)

As we are an Authentic Italian Cafe, we are supposed to serve our food as it is in Europe.
Cafe 1947 is famous for providing an absolute food experience of Wood Fired Italian pizza's, pasta's , lasagna's etc .

We have never proclaimed to serve Indian food or Indian Pizza's.
So i would request you to review us on what we offer and help Cafe 1947 manifest on that.

Thanking you with appreciation
Striving for Excellence
Cafe 1947

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I visited cafe 1947 in April ,initially it was difficult to locate the place and also was raining that day, but I must say it was worth visiting the place. If you are non vegetarian you must try there slayer pizza and what I like the most was there black coffee (Rambo).What they have mentioned about the coffee in menu is what it feels after you drink it.....Also the ambience and location of place is awesome. Its a must place to be visited in manali if you like italian food.

1  Thank Anuj J
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited this place yesterday for dinner and have to say it's was very good experience. The food was very delicious and so was the dessert.i recommend this place to everyone who's visits manali.its the best :)

1  Thank Shashaank S
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Went a few times to Cafe 1947 while we were in Manali, and thoroughly enjoyed each meal had.
Supreme Chicken Steak was excellent, and the Pizza was delicious, even better than the big brands.
The ambiance was cute and music was really good.
Definitely will visit whenever in Manali, and highly recommend it to all!

1  Thank LittleFingerBaelish