“Decent, modern hotel; value for money”

Rock Manali Hotel & Spa
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Manali
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We spent 3 nights here in the last week of Sept 2013. This is a relatively new property that’s reflected in the décor, both in the lobby area as well as the rooms.

Basics first: The room was neat, linen clean, and washrooms modern & tidy. We did have some issues in the shower area drainage, but a handyman/plumber came within a couple of minutes of my call to housekeeping and fixed it. We had taken an MAP plan (BF+Dinner), and the food was good although there was a fixed menu from which one had to choose (we stayed during the lean off-season and there were very few guests apart from us, so maybe laying out a full-fledged buffet didn’t make sense; as a result we did have much of the hotel & its facilities to ourselves during our stay!)

Additional joys: The hotel has a decent, nicely landscaped lawn, with a kids playzone at one side. They also have a small but quaint library-cum-activity room with books, a pool table, and carom board. Unlike most of the hotels within Manali town that are located on steep & narrow roads, this one is fairly close to the Mall Road (think shopping, nothing else – it’s nothing like Shimla’s The Mall) and yet located on a wide road with the Beas River on the other side. You can actually hear the Beas flowing in the night from your room, and can even see it if in a river/mountain facing higher-floor room! Most other worth-a-visit spots in Manali are a few minutes drive from Rock Manali; the Mall Road and Van Vihar nature park is 2-3 mins drive on the same road as the hotel (go left after getting out of the hotel exit) and if you don’t have a car, auto-rickshaws are easily available. They also provide free wi-fi.

Note: The rooms do not have air-conditioners, but you will not need them and this is pretty much the norm in Manali. Additionally, this hotel is not for those seeking a 5-star sort of luxury resort – this is a mid-sized (okay, we’ll call it ‘boutique’!) hotel offering what I would describe a 3-to-4 starrish experience at reasonable prices (for a touristy place like Manali).

The staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful.

We did have a slight glitch while checking out – their credit card swipe machines didn’t work properly at first; but that too got fixed in a few minutes.

If you are thinking of making a reservation, speaking directly to their sales team (Praveen Rai) could be helpful; depending upon how booked they are, you could get some good deals or upgrades. To confirm reservations, the hotel does require a 50% advance deposit. But that seems to be the case most of the time these days.

Room Tip: Take one of the 'premium deluxe' rooms (river facing) on a higher floor (3rd floor perhaps...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
RockManali, Guest Relations Manager at Rock Manali Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Rock Manali for your stay. Your valuable tips are much appreciated and very encouraging. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality. Regarding the slight glitches, we assure you we will be more careful.

We look forward to welcome you again at Rock Manali soon.

Regards,
Team Rock manali

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Design + services at Rock Manali are the best in Manali. It made my trip wonderful. The stay was very calming. The ergonomics of the entire hotel are done totally for user satisfaction.
Their restaurant has simply the best food in Manali. View from all the rooms is great.
I recommend everything top stay in this Hotel itself!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Suite at Rock
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RockManali, General Manager at Rock Manali Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rock Manali. We are pleased to learn that you had a satisfying stay with us. Your kind words certainly encourage us to maintain and upgrade our finesse.
We look forward to welcome you again at Rock Manali.

Thanks,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

It was one of the best stays I have had at this hotel. Since it was off-season and even a few guests were there, the hotel made sure that we get special attention. Mr Abhay at the desk was extremely helpful with telling us about Manali and any kind of request was entertained really well. The staff was co-operating, the food was delicious, they brought the food in the room on time with whatever we wished to have. The desserts were a delicacy.
It felt like a honeymoon resort even though we only stayed for 2 nights and had planned to go ahead to Leh.

One of the best part which I think is worth mentioning is that the hotel at night arranged for candle night dinner and lights were switched on so that we can sit outside at night and have food.

I am extremely happy that I chose this hotel and I think if you are coming as a couple and dont want a hassle and need clean, easy going, good delicious food after a tiring journey, just go for this place. You wouldn't regret.

There were minor things which I would like to point out
1. I would have hoped to have the Dental Kit in the bathroom. I don't recall that being there. But anyways I didnt mind since I was carrying my own and I would hope if I would have asked it would have come.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SaurabhSanyukta
RockManali, Guest Relations Manager at Rock Manali Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rock Manali to celebrate your special occasion. We are indeed delighted that we matched your expectations in every manner. We do take care of our guests' each and every requirement and your kind words of appreciation encourages us to keep our finesse intact in future.

We regret that you missed the Dental Kit, which we do provide on request.

We would be pleased to welcome you again for a longer stay with us soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

After a lot of search, and also going through the trip advisor reviews I had finalized the hotel for my honeymoon. This was my first time visit to Himalayan region. Today I am proud to say that this hotel had met all the expectations that I had and also exceeded expectations in terms of customer service. I recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to spend some days in Manali and have a feel of five star hotels.
Pros:
1) Well behaved staff. (5/5).
2) Very good and tasty food (5/5).
3) Well maintained very neat rooms (5/5).
4) Good Deals on Rooms (5/5).

Cons:
1) Mini bar doesn't have alcoholic beverages.

Room Tip: Royal Suite
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
RockManali, Guest Relations Manager at Rock Manali Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rock Manali to celebrate one of the most beautiful events of your life. It delights us to know that we were able to meet your expectations. Your words of appreciation encourages us to maintain and heighten our standards and finesse to serve you even better the next time.

Your suggestion regarding the Mini Bar content has been taken into consideration and we will work on it very soon.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Rock Manali.

We wish you a pleasant and prosperous married life.

Thanks

Reviewed August 20, 2013

First I have to apologise to Praveen that I m writing this review pretty late...almost a year later. But as u all can guess that I was pretty much impressed with this hotel to write this review even after 1whole year. I had stayed in Rock manali last year in October . Being a doctor my busy schedule hadn't permitted me to a holiday after my marriage. So when my wife's bday came up in October we decided to make it a combined belated honeymoon trip on her bday. After much searching I zeroed in on Rock Manali. Initially I was a little bit apprehensive. But on reaching there all my apprehensions were laid to rest. The welcome was extremely warm. The staff was ever courteous always serving with a smile.. They really stick to their motto of ' atithi devo bhavo'.
the dinner and breakfast were sumptuous refreshingly delicious everyday. Do try their pancakes . It is one of the best I have ever eaten..
Well I could go on and on about every aspect of their hospitality, but u have to experience it firsthand to feel it

Overall I would recommend this hotel highly for anyone visiting manali...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
RockManali, Guest Relations Manager at Rock Manali Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Rock Manali to celebrate such precious occasions.

We are truly elated to receive your words of appreciation. It is never too late to relish such encouraging comments. We were delighted to serve you and are pleased that our services matched your expectations.

We wish Ma'am a very happy birthday once again and a blissful married life to you both.

We at Rock Manali look forward to serve you again soon.

Thanking you,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

when we booked this hotel, even after the reviews and pictures, we expected a typical hill station hotel with atleast some damp smell and very average service.
however, we were pleasantly surprised - nice welcome, great view, excellent interiors, very clean and fresh rooms, clean baths however a bit small, good amount of entertainment activities like snooker, carrom, kids play room etc. and ample oudoor space to sit back and relax. however, i noticed that there were no A/Cs. wonder what they do during the summer months???
also, the breakfast was great with a lot of options. yummmm pancakes!!! decent dinner as well.
the services were prompt and the staff ever smiling. VFM - 11/10
mind you, the hotel is better in reality as compared to the pictures.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dgupta603
RockManali, Guest Relations Manager at Rock Manali Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rock Manali as your holiday destination.

It was a pleasure serving you and it gladdens us that you had an enjoyable stay at our resort. Your words of appreciation delights and encourages us to maintain our finesse.

Your intrigue regarding A/C is not rare as a city dweller. In Manali, even during summers a fan suffices to cool down the indoor temperature effectively. We would be happy to serve you during summers for you to experience the pleasant and pristine weather at Rock Manali.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Please do not expect the luxuries of a 5 star hotel even though it is mentioned as 5 star in some websites. If you go with the expectation of small boutique hotel with warm hospitality and good food, I am sure you will be satisfied. Good location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Devesh_Aggarwal
RockManali, Guest Relations Manager at Rock Manali Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rock Manali. Your satisfaction with our service and other amenities delights us. At Rock Manali our efforts are always meant to enhance the quality of service and comfort for our esteemed guests like you. We do aim to offer our customers a 5 Star like luxury however never branding ourselves as a 5 Star property.

Your input is very important and helpful in keeping our finesse intact and reaching new heights.

It was indeed a pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Regards,