“Very nice place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manali
Tourist Nest Old Manali
Ranked #34 of 307 Manali B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have been there with my daughter in 2012.
The place is nice and clean.The WiFi was till midnight free to use and fast.The stuff was very helpful and the restaurant there got a lot of tasty stuff but try also others,We feel very save there because of the guy sleeping in the entrance we had to weak up every night to enter the hotel.There was always hot
water for a shower and the walls are very sound proof so u got your silence if you want to.The terrace from the second floor and higher got a very good view on the mountains but they charge more for this rooms,but it worth it.
It was a great time there.

Room Tip: take the rooms from floor 2 and upper because of the great view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank peter_hentschel
There are newer reviews for Tourist Nest Old Manali

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We really loved our stay at the Tourist Nest! The rooms are spacious, clean and affordable and they have a very nice wooden cabin feel to them. WiFi is available and the shower has nice warm water. The view from the room is beautiful and because the hotel is not located on the main road, you can just sit on the balcony and enjoy the quiet beauty of the valley. There is also a restaurant where they serve good food at a slightly higher price than elsewhere, but still the prices are reasonable. They also do room service by the way. Mr Pem was very friendly and after we asked, he moved us from ground floor to the 2nd floor so we could get a room with a nicer view. I believe we paid 600 or 650 for a room on the second floor while the room on the ground floor was 100 rp less, but the view was definitely worth the extra money! We would really recommend this place to anyone visting old Manali. It's a friendly, welcoming place to unwind.

To make a reservation, you can call 98162-66571

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have a much nicer view. The charge is 100 extra per night but this is definit...
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in this guest house for 5 days. We had a room on the second floor. The rooms have a nice balcony with a lovely view. Take the second or thirth floor if you like to have a nice view at the hills. The service was very good. They helped us with arranging a busticket and were always willing to advice us. They also have a nice restaurant which serves good food. The rooms were very spacious and clean with a huge bed and a nice hot shower.
The locations is perfect, it's in Old Manali and it's surrounded by shops and restaurants.
We had a great time and we definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Though I don’t normally make reservations before heading to a place thronging with places to stay, this time around, I made an exception. Maybe ‘cause I recently got married and was going with my wife (No, it wasn’t my honeymoon).
Read through a few reviews and thought I can safely try out this place. Called, and got through to a courteous Prem (and for those whom it matters, yes he speaks fluent English). Over the phone he agreed to book a room on the second floor (I read that the view from the upper floor rooms were a tad bit better).
We reached a day after, in the morning and were kind of tired after an overnight bus journey from Delhi. Right as the bus came to a halt, Prem called to confirm my arrival. He asked me to take an auto and hand over the phone to the driver for directions. And I did that (Very thoughtful of him, I thought).
On having reached, Prem said that I’ll have to settle for a first floor room for a night. The occupants of the upper floor decided to spend one more night and so he couldn’t allot it to me. The charges will be a bit lesser as compared, of course. Disappointment!
But, he said, there is a third floor too, with duplex, family rooms. Slightly costlier but with the best views. Though it’s just the two of us, (and the prices were kinda more than my budget), we decided to take a look. And voila, it’s the best room in the hotel. Tidy. Clean. With a good view of the mountains (with a few guesthouses thrown in left and right) and two very distant waterfalls too (Monsoon time, you see). Delight!
Ordered an English breakfast and a Continental Breakfast and sadly, I made the wrong choice. The hash browns weren’t really hash browns. The ham, butter and jam were missing and the milk coffee wasn’t too exciting. Second disappointment!
Thankfully, no more disappointments after that.
What followed were 4 days of bliss. A super-clean room smelling of fresh wood. Brand new towels (with their tags still on). A clean bathroom with a new geyser (very important). Basking in the sun in the balcony (yes, every room has one). And superlatively commendable service by the one-man show.
Room service. Tips on the weather. Info on walks & treks around. You ask for it, and Prem smilingly obliges. And on being asked why they don’t serve trout, he even arranged for one from the restaurant next door.
Lastly, quite a nice place to stay (even the guy at Drifter’s where I last stayed and recommend too, said I made a good choice). Now that’s bigger than my compliment (one by a competitor).
The only area they could do with some improvement is the platter breakfast. Having said that, the masala papads that we had with our late night evening drinks were awesome. And the Veg. Sandwich in the morning thereafter was nice and fresh too. And the best part, they don’t frown a bit when you tell them that you got dinner from somewhere else and would like empty plates and cutlery to have them in your room.
So pack your bags and head to Tourist Nest to experience the best service you have ever come across in recent times.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view. Room 116 is a nice choice if you want a duplex. Otherwise...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pranjal_Bordoloi
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed in Tourist Nest for only one night. We had stayed in another guesthouse in Vasjisht which we didn't like. Since one person of our party of three was ill, we looked for another guesthouse. We thought we would stay for 2 nights but the person got better so after we got back from paragliding she said she had made reservations for the bus leaving in the afternoon. Check-out time had past but we were only charged one night.
The rooms are not really big but clean with a little balcony and overlook a small quiet garden. The guesthouse has a small reception where Mr. Prem works. He is very helpful, friendly and speaks good English. There is also a cozy restaurant with nice food and friendly personnel.
We all really liked our stay there and we would certainly stay there next time.

1  Thank Eniro
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay in old manali. So we came across tourist nest which is actually a good place to stay with quite reasonable rates. The view from the balcony is beautiful especaily if u choose to stay on d top floors. Mr. Prem was very good at hospitality. I would like to come back again and stay whenever I plan my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank mokshh
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Me & some of my friends stayed in the family rooms. It is new and I think it's quite good for groups of friends and family to visit. It has wifi and hot water. The price is not expensive per person. Clean and comfortable. Anyway I like it~

1  Thank Soohang