“It'll captivate, nourish, and infiltrate you”
Review of The Lazy Dog

The Lazy Dog
Ranked #8 of 163 Restaurants in Manali
Cuisines: Indian, International, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Old Manali's oldest and coolest gastro-pub, with excellent food, wines, cider, cocktails, free wifi, great music and amazing river-side seating. A wide range of international cuisine - Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Italian, Continental, Salads, Sushi, and a range of bakes from a traditional Indian clay oven. Besides, there's a range of refreshing coffees, teas, shakes and coolers to choose from.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Lazy Dog is second to none! The owner and staff are friendly, attentive, and will go above and beyond expectations to ensure you have the best time possible. I was only supposed to stay in Manali for a few days but I ended up staying for two weeks because of the Lazy Dog..... especially because of the outside patio beside the river- it'll suck you in for hours but that's ok because they have plenty of delicious food and drinks to try! It also has the best wifi connection in Old Manali and for those of you who, like me, would like to end the day with a glass of wine, this is the best place to go whether you are looking for red, white, or locally produced fruit wines. They also host live music nights for local and travelling musicians an energy and atmosphere that you won't find anywhere else! I have travelled a lot in a lot of different countries and I have never felt the urge to write a review before I went to the Lazy Dog so take my word for it and go, relax, and enjoy!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Lazy Dog situated on cliff overlooking the river is definitely one place worth going. Had the most tasty fresh rainbow trout . The service and ambiance also was warm and friendly. Even the owner himself extended his services to make my friends and I feel at home. I definitely recommend a visit both for the amazing view from the balcony of the restaurant as well as the food and service provided at the restaurant.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Delicious food coupled with great people and atmosphere. Had to keep coming back. Couldn't have had a better time in Manali.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended by a friend to visit this place. We came in around 20:00 to a lightly packed restaurant with a really surprising westernized interior design. I ordered the Chicken Teriyaki with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. My friends ordered the Thai Curry and the Chop Suey. The food was exquisite. Every dish was tasty to perfection, an I topped off the dinner with a glass of Glenfiddich. Although the prices are a bit high (300 Rupees for the chicken dish) in comparison to nearby restaurants, it was well worth it. Highly recommended and one of the best dinners we had in Himachal Pradesh.

1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We were supposed to pass through Manali, we stopped off at the Lazy Dog and stayed for 5 days instead. Such a great vibe, super friendly with awesome people, amazing food and plenty of beers, wines and whiskeys to keep you coming back! Say hi to Gopal - the owner - if you see him, he's a legend!