“Delicious Dog”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lazy Dog

The Lazy Dog
Ranked #8 of 122 Restaurants in Manali
Cuisines: Indian, Bar, International, Asian, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Old Manali's oldest and coolest gastro-pub, with excellent food, wines, cider, cocktails, free wifi, great music and amazing river-side seating. A wide range of international cuisine - Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Italian, Continental, Salads, Sushi, and a range of bakes from a traditional Indian clay oven. Besides, there's a range of refreshing coffees, teas, shakes and coolers to choose from.
“Delicious Dog”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended by a friend to visit this place. We came in around 20:00 to a lightly packed restaurant with a really surprising westernized interior design. I ordered the Chicken Teriyaki with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. My friends ordered the Thai Curry and the Chop Suey. The food was exquisite. Every dish was tasty to perfection, an I topped off the dinner with a glass of Glenfiddich. Although the prices are a bit high (300 Rupees for the chicken dish) in comparison to nearby restaurants, it was well worth it. Highly recommended and one of the best dinners we had in Himachal Pradesh.

1 Thank Jonathan S

“Best vibe in Manali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We were supposed to pass through Manali, we stopped off at the Lazy Dog and stayed for 5 days instead. Such a great vibe, super friendly with awesome people, amazing food and plenty of beers, wines and whiskeys to keep you coming back! Say hi to Gopal - the owner - if you see him, he's a legend!

Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
“Best eateries in Manali!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

My friend and I strolled over old Manali and found the place in an alley. It was late quiet afternoon and we were a bit tired and wanted to find some drink and light meal. The restaurant had a serene ambiance and attracted us from the exterior front door. It gave distinctively stylish feel than other restaurants along the road. We took an indoor table overlooking the river, though there is beautiful outdoor area too. There was a big local family with 4-5 kids followed us not long after, and I thought that the place would be reliable, since even the locals like it.
Fruit salad and coffee are our choices, and they didn't disappoint us. The restaurant’s owner was there and we had a chat. Once he knew that we were from Thailand, he kindly offered us 2 types of Thai curry with rice to taste. To be honest, the curries were tasteful and beyond our expectation. Although it is difficult to make a flavor of genuine Thai curry in a foreign country, I must say Lazy Dog did about 90%.
The place is excellent, the staff and service is good, the food is best (even I didn't miss Thai food that much), the meal really made my day.

• Visited July 2014
Cologne, Germany
“The Lazy Dog is yourself!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there after I read some of the reviews and it was the right choice! It was afternoon on a sunday, very quiet, except of the river, but that's a beautiful thing, and quite peaceful. The food was just as delicious as the service was warmhearted. And the owner has a special sense of humor for philosophical comic strips. In exactly this atmosphere I became a lazy dog myself and could have stayed all day.

Delhi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Coffee to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

The location of the place couldn't better, Manalsu river, mountains, fresh wind. Quite spectacular. One can choose to relax inside by the fire place or enjoy the sun outdoors.
Food is excellent. Being vegetarian can be challenging while travelling, not so at the Lazy Dog. Salads are quite different from other restaurants, fresh and seriously good. Indian food couldn't be better, especially Dal Makhani and Palak Paneer. Sushi is great too. So are spring rolls. Their coffees deserve to be mentioned. I am a coffeeholic, so Lazy Dog's coffees were Must Have's twice a day for a week.
People, don't miss this place whenever you happen to be in Manali, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014