“Awesome Hospitality and Good location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manali
The Rohtang Manalsu (HPTDC)
Ranked #33 of 307 Manali B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I must say that you get very honest opinion from staff at Hotel Manalsu (specially Nitin ji) about choosing rooms, sight seeing and your vacation plan. This hotel is for you, if you are looking to stay walking distance from the main hustle bustle of market (mall road) yet breathtaking views and a calming serene place. You will cherish the views outside. Green trees, Mountains, snow and if you wish to take a little walk in garden this place is meant for you. Food is average with few choices (mostly north Indian). i rate this property as value for money giving 8.5 out of 10

Room Tip: look for first floor A wing
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank sachin15
There are newer reviews for The Rohtang Manalsu (HPTDC)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Good services and accomodation by HPDTC hotel.. Rooms are at affordable rates.. Very cordial staff.. Ready to serve you at any moment [Especially Mr Nitin]. God view of hills and apple orchard. Very nearby to all the sites

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor, new building are good
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank devenjha
Reviewed April 8, 2014

nice time was spent there. Food was excellent. staff was cooperative. Location is good and nearby Hadimba temple. Walking distance from Mall Road. If I get another opportunity to go Manali, I would like to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jyotigarg
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Hello All,

I went to Manali in March and I have booked this hotel from hptdc office. The rooms are clean but the service is really really poor. Our room geyser were not working and we had to just wait and wait to get the hot water to take bath.

- I don;t know if its my bad luck that everytime, I call to room service, 3 times out of 5, no one were there to pick up the call. I had to then go to the reception to check and no one were there to ask for help.
- They fixed the geyser issue once then again the same issue arise and they didn't come to even check the issue.
- FOOD was worstttt ever... Omelette was chilled.... When I ask them to serve the food hot they asked me to come to dining room to get hot food. Surprising... but true...
- The Chicken was like manchurian pieces without taste. You can try hard to get the feel of chicken but you will not get it for sure.
- For most of our needs we only got a negative response. The room service was very poor and were denied for even dry towels and get room cleaned.
- Then I left the hotel with the 75% cancellation charges.

I had selected this hotel after reading the reviews but now I will not recommend this to anyone... And IF you are going in Off season, It may possible you will find it bit fearful...

Rather you can go for any other hotel on Mall Road.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vishal_kapadia17
Reviewed March 10, 2014

If your expectation about a holiday in the hills with 5 star facilities, then this is not the place.
If you are old enough to remember the old 'guest-house type ambiance' then you are at the right place. Large enough rooms, well heated, with well oiled services, clean and neat beds, bathrooms and the best view.
I drove up from Delhi with my wife to spend three days in Manali, on 7th March 2014, and was amazed to find exactly what i wanted.
We were looking for a quiet place, not very costly, not in the midst of the hustle-bustle, yet not too far from the town, (Because of safety reasons and being off-season i wasn't sure what kind of facilities i would get at this time of the year). I had researched a little before-hand and found that it snowed 2 days ago. Power-cuts and lack of water and other amenities where common now.
The Manager- Mr. Nitin & all the staff are very nice & courteous and took personal care to make our stay comfortable. The Hotel is just next to Hadimba Temple and within a Km from the Mall road.
My sense of satisfaction is such that i wish to make a jovial complement for the Hotel- Even the jet in the toilet seat aims correctly...;-)
My request to all who visit this place is- Please take care and do not destroy the facilities, maintain cleanliness and don't leave the hotel in a mess.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sudipks1
Reviewed March 2, 2014

we stayed in the manasulu suite located at the old wing.the room has an average heater and do have hot running water.the location is good as its around 1.5 kms from the mall road so its less noisy and secluded.it snowed the night we stayed,next day morning the view from the room was breathtaking.breakfast is complimentary but the menu is pretty limted to pranthas and pooris.you can order tasty trout fry for lunch.
cons: >during off season the hotel is understand,the waiter was doubling as manager too.>there is no power back up >the location can be a problem if it snows,we had to hire a porter (cost me 400 rs for 1.5 kms) and walk all the way on the snow to the mall road to catch our bus
overall it was a value for money hotel as we did get a huge off season discount.special mention for the staff,especially the part time manager,was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: the best room with a superb view is the manasulu suite.preferably book rooms on the old block.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank prav82
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in the Old wing of the Rohtang Manalsu, in the room with 2 Double Beds. We needed a budget hotel for our 1 day and 1 night stay for 3 people, at Manali, which was centrally located, and Rohtang Manalsu perfectly fit the bill.

We wanted to book a Deluxe room and add an extra bed, but they informed us that they would not be able to provide extra bed, and suggested that we stay in the room in their old wing which had 2 double beds. We did the booking over the phone and were skeptical about quality and cleanliness. All our doubts seemed baseless once we reached here.

Its a nice and clean Budget hotel with a bit of Govt. Guesthouse feel. The food served is ok. But its location gives you plenty of amazing dining places at walking distance. The staff here is courteous and friendly. The best part of the hotel is the small and colorful Garden in front of the hotel, where we could sit and laze in the morning sun. Good Value for money hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends