“Memorable stay, beautiful mountain view and great staff hospitality !!”

The Holiday Resorts Cottages & Spa
Ranked #5 of 288 Specialty Lodging in Manali
New Delhi, India
“Memorable stay, beautiful mountain view and great staff hospitality !!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed in this hotel from 26 Jan to 29 Jan to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and the hotel staff put their best to make our stay a memorable one.

We were in constant touch with Mr. Roshan Thakur right from the beginning when we chose this hotel unaware of the fact that he is the owner of this hotel. He is a great person with down to earth personality and treats the visitors of the hotel as one of their own family members.

Hotel staff, especially Mr. Rana and lady at the reception (forgot her name) are gem to this hotel. If you have any concern then just talk to Mr. Rana and he will do his best to address your concern in a best possible way. Thanks Mr. Rana :)

Restaurant staff is very nice and cooperative. And, I would like to thank Mr. Sagar here who is very helpful and will do his best to cater to your needs. And, not to forget in the evening he always asks you about your day and the activities you did which is really nice of him.

Rinku who took us to Solang Valley and Manikaran Sahib is a very nice and polite person. And, Heera Lal ji who took us to Manali Gurudwara Sahib is also a nice person.

In the end I would like to thank all the hotel staff associated with us for making our stay a memorable one and will surely love to visit this property again.

Ishmeet Singh & Preet Kaur

Room Tip: Always chose a Mountain view room to have a lovely view of the mountains and valley.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Roshan T, Owner at The Holiday Resorts Cottages & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2016

Greeting "The Holiday Resorts & Cottages Manali"

Many thanks for taking your valuable time out and posting a review for the Resort. I am extremely pleased to know that we lived up to your expectations of service standards. Special thanks for appreciating our Resorts and attentiveness of the staff.

Positive guest feedback is the greatest source of motivation for my team. Our constant endeavor is to provide the highest possible levels of service and responsiveness.

09816003359, 09418154959

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Traveled to Manali to celebrate our 1st marriage anniversary. Uumm, where should i start from? We've been suggested Holiday Inn, Manali by a relative but based on the Tripadvisor Reviews we selected this hotel. We buked a normal room and thought to upgrade it once we'll reach dere, after seeing the room and the view. The moment we reach the hotel, i find it a very good property. But the way, people were behaving there was a little rude to me. They switched us from the normal room to the luxury room which was a very nice gesture and reallii appreciable. And wen i saw d stunning view from my room, i was very happii. The property is fantabulous, clean and gorgeous. One thing which i miss was that the main Mall Road was very far and one could not go there walking.

I cant restrict myself to mention that the hotel staff's carelessness lead to a very big problem for me as i am allergic to egg and they made me to eat food stuffs containing egg(after asking them hundreds time) and that too twice !! It is a horrible mistake as its been 12 days and i am suffering till date :( and must be taken care of, no matter what. Mr. Thakur (owner) was humble enough to apologize but was also adamant enough to remind me the +ve points of the hotel like they have made the check in easier as compared to the other hotels and have upgraded us to the luxury room. I think when you or one of your staff make such a horrible mistake to a customer, all you should do is to assure the customer that it won't happen again, in spite of mentioning your positive/good points. You can not give the excuses like d staff isnt capable enuff to understand the seriousness of services and courtesy. But after all, we all are human beings.. so, no hard feelings.. :)

Anyways, coming to the other aspects... Food is excellent. you won't feel that bland taste.. Staff otherwise is very sweet, courteous and helpful. Not to forget Mr. Rana !! Mr. Rana, you are an asset to the hotel. He knows very well that how to deal when you have made a mistake. He planned our trip well and was always there to help. Very humble, polite and hard working human being. Kitchen Staff was also very friendly and was ready to help us in any ways and i loved going to their restaurant for dinners and lunches. Little improvement is required in the recreational front such as bonne fire in the lawn, indoor/outdoor games, spa etc as there was nothing to do in the free time except watching TV. View was amazing, nice lawn and sitting area.

All in all a good hotel. I would recommend it and visit again for sure wen i visit Manali next...

Good Value for Money !!

Room Tip: Ask for a Mountain View Room
Tadepalligudem, India
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We started our honeymoon trip in Manali, Holiday cottages. No need to wait at the reception for check-in and check-out formalities. it all went very smooth.
I took honeymoon package. We felt privileged from the time we entered Manali. Everything was taken care of by the hotel. We just need to get ready. There is no complaint during our 3 days stay except that there is no recreation facility within hotel. but work is under progress for the recreations i suppose.
Excellent mountain view from the room balcony. Every person working there greets with sweet smile, It was so pleasant.
I interacted mainly with Mr. Rana, and Sagar who arranged our candle light dinner. Sagar was so nice that he ensured everything for our room service.
You can call Mr. Rana, Manager (8628813359), for any kind of travel planning. He will help for sure.
I would highly recommend Holiday cottages. I will be going to stay there whenever I'll plan for Manali.

Thank you Holiday Cottage and Resort for your service and for making our honeymoon so special.

Room Tip: Take deluxe room atleast sothat you will get valley facing. Better to speak to Mr. Rana directly fo...

Ludhiana, India
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Good dealing by Mr. Rana on desk .we reached at Holiday cotages Manali after by irritating by new Manali hieghts hotel at manali . neat and clean room , Breakfast and Dinner in package is worthfull ,Tasty food hotel one thing is not good only that for Mall Road need car which not a big deal , still i will prefer this hotel next time.raman09872380808

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went there on December 25, 2013 for our honeymoon. The way their staff welcomed us made me feel so special. The property is is really well maintained and having so good facilities. Our room had excellent view of snow-covered mountains. Every person working there is having a sweet smile on their face, which really makes you feel so good. Not only to us, but they were treating everyone very equally. Every guest there was so special for them. On my day of departure the staff asked us to stay for couple more days, but I was not having much leaves that time. I will be going to stay there whenever I'll plan for Manali.

Thank you Holiday Cottage and Resort to make my holiday so special.

Room Tip: Choose whatever you want. Every room is having its own specialty.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Sonepat, Haryana, India
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I was there at the time of new year with my family and booked a 3 bed room cottage, awesome experience, very good and experienced cook, very neat and clean property, everything available in kitchen, only u have to bring cooking material. Great Location, but little far from main Mall Road, but easily accessible through local auto and taxi. Really enjoyed the stay,

If anyone likes to eat a food like home than it will be a right choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have been to this hotel and it was lovely experience and luckily it was 31st Dec so I celebrated my new year with my wife first time out of mumbai and truly lovely experience enjoyed a lot people were so loving n caring.
Hotel have lovely ambience and nice rooms with beautiful breath taking views from your room itself.I stayed for 3 days and each days was special as it was my honeymoon stay so the service was best and special I had room decoration candle light dinner which was arranged beautifully by Ms Neha Thakur she was so caring lovely lady god bless her.
Looking forward to visit once again and to leave in the arms of truly heaven of India MANALI.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple