“great value for money !!”

The Holiday Resorts Cottages & Spa
Ranked #5 of 306 Specialty Lodging in Manali
delhi
“great value for money !!”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights in the new cottage (Insist to stay in the new one only). The hotel is located approx 3 KM from the Mall, but has a fantastic view of the valley. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The rooms are brand new will all amenities. Highly recommeneded as a 3 star plus resort...

Room Tip: Insist on the room in the new cottages
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Roshan T, Owner at The Holiday Resorts Cottages & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2016

Greeting "The Holiday Resorts & Cottages Manali"

Many thanks for taking your valuable time out and posting a review for the Resort. I am extremely pleased to know that we lived up to your expectations of service standards. Special thanks for appreciating our Resorts and attentiveness of the staff.

Positive guest feedback is the greatest source of motivation for my team. Our constant endeavor is to provide the highest possible levels of service and responsiveness.

09816003359, 09418154959

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangalore
Reviewed March 31, 2011

It was a very nice stay @ holiday cottages manali. Roshan (MD) and his team including Ashok were very friendly. No negative points to mention.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Delhi
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I booked the honeymoon package of 4D-4N with Alto car for seight seeing in 18K. When I contacted Mr. Roshan (Owner - Manager) he only asked for an advance of 3000/- and on transferring the same through net-banking he immediately send across the Delhi - Manali - Delhi volvo bus tickets and our stay was confirmed. Please insist for the new cottage as it is better in location as well as condition.

On reaching Manali the Alto car took us to the cottage which is just a 2 Km from the bus stand. Cottage location and room were awesome with a nice view from balcony to the snow tipped mountains which took all our tiredness.

Rooms were well furnished and spacious with 24 hrs hot and cold water supply. Whatever mentioned in the package at the website was provided. We were apprehensive about the food but much to our surprise it was very nice and quite homely.

Service was very prompt and good. The staff took very good care of us and the management was very helpful in adjusting things as per our requirements. The cab at our service was good and so was the driver. We will always remember the candlelit dinner near the fire place while it was snowing outside.

Manali is a tourist attraction and so never forget that we are Indians and we love to bargain. While going to the Solang Valley for skiing the shop keeper renting the skiing package asked Rs 2700/- . The package included the special dress, gloves, long boots, ski and one guide which i finally settled in Rs 1500/-. The guide will offer professionally clicked photographs of yours while skiing. Snaps are no doubt good but are charged very high so take care.

The only thing which needed the attention was the heater placed in the rooms. It was not adequate considering the climate and the room size. Also Wi-Fi signal was weak in some rooms. South Indian dishes were missing from the menu which the Manager assured will be added in near future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 25, 2011

our stay at the holiday cottage last summer with our 3year old son was the most memorable n peaceful we have ever had in all these years.Our son still remembers those leisurely 8 days spent at the scenic place,the wonderful snow at Madhi n the hot water spring at Manikaran.But it was a relief always to go back to the cottage at the end of the day,it was really a home away from home.Money wise too it was not a hole in our pockets as the stay was really worthwhile.Maybe God willing we wish to visit n stay at the Holiday cottage once more before this year comes to an end.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I booked holiday cottages after seeing reviews from Trip advisor. I booked the honeymoon package of 18K with Alto car for seight seeing. When I contacted Mr. Roshan he only asked only for an advance of 3000/- and on transferring the same he immediately send across the delhi - manali - delhi tickets and confirmed the stay.

On reaching manali the driver from holiday cottage was waiting in the manali bus stand for us.Cottage room was awesome with a nice view from balcony to the snow tipped mountains and the package included everything that was mentioned in the site. I should mention specially abt Ashok for his hospitality. Candleligt dinner, Bedroom decoration, wine bottle, honeymoon cake and daily night badam milk etc where delivered excellently. Food was like home made and very tasty. Only disadvantage i can mention is the heater in the room. It was not sufficient for the climate.

While sight seeing around manali if going for skiing or river rafting bargain nicely. Don't believe the driver. For next travellers reference i spend Rs. 1500 for full day ski for 2 and Rs. 800 for 2 for 7 km river rafting. I should have bargained more i guess.

Overall it was a memorable trip.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pramuldeep G

Hyderabad
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I went to have a vacation with my husband in Manali on Nov 2010.
I stayed at Manali for three days at Holiday Cottage.It was a wonderful experience being there.

Pros:
Excellent Service
Clean and neat rooms
24 hour cold and hot running water
Excellent food at reasonable prices
Driver available for sight seeing on request.(Charges extra)
Pick up and drop from Bus station
Amazing view from balcony(U can see picture perfect snow capped mountains.The backyard extends to apple orchards,but it was off season and we cudnt see apples :( )

Cons:
Heater available at room is not suffient when its too cold(we opened out balcony on first day and it was soo cold that we couldnt sleep,From second day we learnt our lesson and kept the balcony door shut at nightfall :) )

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MinuHyd
holidaycottagemanali, Owner at The Holiday Resorts Cottages & Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Thanks for the feedback.
Noida
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Initially Ithought it would be just like any other hotels wehere one is promised a lot but delivered nothing.Let me tell u I was proved wrong.Thanks to Roshan and the staff members which made the stay amazing and enjoyble.
The eooms were great with scintilating view of the snow capped mountain.The fireplace made our evenings awesome and the food filled us with satisfaction.
Thanks to Ashok who served us with his best efforts.I cant forget the garam poori with sabzi.....delicious.!!!
The balcony,dining and the corridors still burns in our minds.
Great people,Great Place.