“Feel like i am in heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Johnson Lodge

Johnson Lodge
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Manali
“Feel like i am in heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Thanks for such a great stay if It is possible I want to live my whole life in Johnson lodge . I have lack of words to express my great experience of this visit . The location is so attractive and near to nature . The hotel staff is very cooperative and always present for my help . The rooms are very comfortable and unforgetable natural view of trees and mountains. The one thing that attract me most of its management which provides me neat & clean room and bathroom . The food quality is very good . It is not wrong if I say that i feel like king and hotel is just like my palace.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnsonLodge, Public Relations Manager at Johnson Lodge, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our lodge. Thank you for writing a five star review. This will inspire our management to work more efficiently. We are so pleased to know that you had a great time here at our lodge during your visit to Manali. We are grateful that you found the rooms of the lodge comfortable and enjoyed the View along with the décor and surrounding landscape. We are Glad to know that you enjoyed the food served by our restaurant.

We appreciate your candid feedback about the services of our staff.

Thank you again for taking time to review our hotel. We hope that you will come back to the Johnson Lodge on your next trip to Manali and suggest our place to fellow travelers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We checked in the hotel on 25th may..the staff was helpful and the food was too good.....tandoori trout is a must have here.the only disturbance is the loud music which blares out almost everynight after 9 or so. There is a lot of alchohol going on and its a nuisance.
Try to take the room on 3rd floor or forget sleep before 12 night.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
JohnsonLodge, Public Relations Manager at Johnson Lodge, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our lodge. We are happy to know that you had a good time at the lodge. We feel happy to know that our staff was cooperative with you. Also, we are glad to know that you liked the food at our restaurant, specially the tandoori trout. We apologize for the inconvenience you had because of the loud music played in the bar. We provided your feedback in follow up with our team. The party is organized only on Saturday nights for the outsiders as well as the ‘in house guest’. We deeply apologize for the uncomfortable night you had to spent at the room of our lodge. We will take this as a suggestion.

Dehradun, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

i was amazed by the beauty of manali nd things got better with my stay at johnson lodge..many of my friends told me about the lodge..i thought what must be soo good about this lodge..but the experience was completely amazing..the ambience was great..the staff was really helping and cooperative..and i would also like to thank the sweet girl at PR..she was really supportive and was able to clear all my queries..so thumbs up to support and services of the lodge..the view was really amazing from there..there was calmness in the air which i loved the most..i had a great time at the johnson lodge..i'll come back soon but seriously Good job guys..you made my stay at the johnson lodge memorable..thank you soo much..nd johnson lodge-"5 stars" from my side..cheeers...!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnsonLodge, Public Relations Manager at Johnson Lodge, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank You for choosing Johnson Lodge for your recent stay in Manali. Hope you had a great time here. We are grateful that you found the lodge comfortable and enjoyed the View along with the décor and surrounding landscape.

Mumbai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am in Manali as I am writing this review...I usually don't write bad reviews or about negative experiences...but this is an exception..it's because they spoiled my trip to Manali, a good time that I was looking forward to when I booked this place for 2 nights (29 and 30 May and check out on 31 may) almost 3 months before through make my trip.

I was already in Manali 3 nights before I move to this place on 29th May. I called them in the morning on 29th and requested to keep my luggage and they allowed me to keep it and asked me to check in later at 2 pm, I happily did so and then headed to explore Manali with my wife and 4 year old son.

The SURPRISE was waiting when I came back to check in at 2 pm. There was an open air party going on (with ENTRY FEE) in the Hotel's garden with a very loud music (Rave, trance and what not.. I was told it was organized by the hotel owner).

I asked the front office staff about how long party would go on and I was told that it was for an all day (started around 1 pm) and late evening upto 10 / 11 pm event. I knew that the hotel has live music played in the EVENING (but that is inside in the bar area) but I wasn't ready for this. I just could not bear that loud sound..I was feeling cheated...I was there to relax to enjoy the food, weather and nice music but certainly not for this unwanted noise. I was given Room no 201 (that was on 1st floor, no complains about the room it is fantastic) None of us could sit inside the room for more than an hour with all the windows closed.

I requested the front office staff to reduce the volume at least and wanted to talk to the manager / owner, but my request was politely turned down and I was offered 50% off on that days room rate, the same place in which i could not seat/ relax for a minute. I asked them about how does it make any sense that I am not able to enjoy the place (for which I came all the way from Mumbai /Thane) and I am offered 50% discount (or even 100% for that matter)..I did not come here for getting a discount and getting unpleasant surprises. I was with my 4 year old son who wanted to sleep but could not. The staff was help less about the loud music as it was arranged by the OWNER himself/ herself. It was not just me but many other guests complained about it and I was surprised to see that...a party for mostly outsiders (with ENTRY FEE, so it was not for the in house guests only) not living in the hotel was more important than the hotel guest who all came from far away places. Finally I called up make my trip and cancelled the accommodation in the evening at 7 pm, thankfully i got a decent and peaceful place nearby got escaped this horrible noise pollution (it may be well suited in the disc/pub).

I went there with lot of expectations but the OWNER had some other plans for the hotel guests.

Well hotel and the food as reviewed here by many must be good/ great..but the Owners/ management certainly should not SURPRISE there hotel guest like this and take us for granted.

I have some snaps of this EVENT uploaded here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
8 Thank Umesh B
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your comments about your experience you had at our lodge. We apologize for the inconvenience you had because of the loud music played at the day event. We provided your feedback in follow up with our team to ensure that everyone is consistent with how this situation should be handled. We are now introducing lounge music in place of very loud music. We deeply apologize for the uncomfortable night you spend at the room of our lodge.

Thank you for the suggestion and we hope to have the oppertunity to welcome you back soon.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

First off, there are two Johnsons. I guess in an earlier, simpler time, it was one big happy johnson's lodge. But now the property lies divided by a low boundary wall, separate entrances and two very confusing ( for the traveller ) names. Johnson's lodge and restaurant ( shows up as johnson's hotel on most websites), and the older Jimmy Johnson's Lodge and Johnson's cafe. The later is older and run by the aged parents and the doting daughter (she runs the cafe, and does a damn fine job of it. Fabulous food, and lively atmosphere, with live music on some evenings, plus a gorgeous sit-out area). The cottages are compact and have a genuine old world wood and stone feel. The former, and the newer Johnson is run by the son, who we were told, lives in Mumbai ( the owners of Johnson's lodge and cafe, the parents and the daughter,live in manali). While this trivia about the absentee landlord may seem insignificant, the discerning traveller will easily spot several differences in the upkeep of the properties.
That said, the newer Johnson, has now engaged an Italian chef, who runs a very tight and ship-shape kitchen. The food is simply amazing. Plus she has quite a presence. The hotel is pet-friendly, and assorted mutts can be seen in the well-kept front lawns at most times.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ashthe14th
JohnsonLodge, Public Relations Manager at Johnson Lodge, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank You for taking time to review our hotel. Hope you had a great time here. We are grateful that you found the ambiance of the lodge good. We are Glad to know that you enjoyed the Italian food cooked and served by our Italian chef at the restaurant.

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Johnsons lodge was a last minute find at 11pm..in the night. We were tired after a long 11 hour drive and this hotel took us by surprise. Superb cosy mountain view rooms with classy wooden flooring. Confortable beds , new spotless clean soft linens and a good ckean bathroom. The staff very friendly and helpful. Lovery bar with some seriously sumptious italian food.all in all a very good stay. Good looking property and very walkable to the main market (5mins). Parking is a tight spot if u have a car but thats really not a complain. Good work guys keep itup. Will be back only to stay with you. I paid an awesome tariff of rs.3500 all inclusive with breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank commando2828
Thank You for choosing Johnson Lodge for your recent stay in Manali. Hope you had a great time here. We are grateful that you found the rooms of the lodge comfortable and enjoyed the View along with the decor and surrounding landscape. We are Glad to know that you enjoyed the Italian food served by our restaurant.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

even before we checked in... they were so helping and understanding... it was our 4th trip to manali and we stayed at other resorts in our previous trips... every time we used to walk past johnsons ... we would stop n think nxt tym for sure this is gonna b our stay place... and i booked johnsons well in adv this year to make sure we were there... all of us had a very happy relaxed and memorable trip this year... all 5 stars for Johnsons Lodge!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for choosing Johnson Lodge for your recent stay in Manali. Hope you had a great time here. We are grateful that you enjoyed your stay at our lodge.

We appreciate your feedback about the services of our staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manali
The Anantmaya Resort
#7 of 118 in Manali
Snow Peak Retreat
Snow Peak Retreat
#5 of 118 in Manali

Been to Johnson Lodge? Share your experiences!