All reviews trout walking distance place to stay family suite the ground floor rooms are big excellent location visit manali higher side nice garden the cottages off season front office keep up the good work awesome food room service comfortable stay
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Johnson Lodge is one of my favourite hotels in Manali.It is close to the Mall Road but yet tucked away a little from the hustle & bustle of Manali.The Restaurant & bar here has a beautiful setting with of course delicious food(The Trout Fish was amazing).The rooms are big & the toilets are really clean.I like everything about this hotel.It is surely one of the best in Manali.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Johnson lodge is one of the best place to stay in manali . It has a perfect location,good crowd,perfect rooms and also the staff is very helpful.The food is also really scrumptious The only lacking thing is the room service speed,its a bit slow.But its location,cleanliness,food and helpful staff make it one of the best place.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank chaitany_khurana
Reviewed July 7, 2012

john sons lodge very good hotel and front side is good green grass and trees looking good view. i come with my friend. food is very good some staff is very good friendly. my friend say here is good room you check here then i went reception there is one lady i want to tolk with him she not understand i say him you show me room. she not understand. what i say him she told me you sit here i wait there ten minute she don;t say nothing. after i come back my friend have i say him hotel is good what reception girl cant speak english this is insult the hotel i think if you running the hotel keep it good person in the reception i know mahul i want to meet him what is this manage ment in the reception ?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank australia632
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Read a lot of superb reviews about Johnson Lodge. But for me maybe the timing was wrong. To begin with EXPEDIA, through the site I booked my tickets failed to convey to the hotel that my husband was paralysed so could not climb stairs.

If you have kids or elderly with you there is no space outside where you can sit. One evening while I was sitting on the benches outside playing with my kid, the waiter comes and asks if I wanted to order something. In a way asking me to make space for people coming to eat there.

No balconies to the Luxury rooms. So go there only if you have to live inside the room only.
There was no water to bathe or even go to the loo one of the days. The motor just would not work.
Very dead place and the restaurant also. No live music as I had read. I suppose the place was good once, now no more.

Though the high point of the visit was the staff. Very sweet, polite and courteous. The girl at the reception, the manager and the waiters all of them were very sweet.
The rooms were very well maintained and pretty.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Shalinissingh
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Johnson Lodge is fine in terms of location,infrastructure and manicured lawns. When I called to confirm the booking two days before,one of the reception person confirmed the same ( we have done the overall trip booking through a travel agency). But on the dayof arrival, we were delayed on road,thus called again,we were denied that any booking exits, even by the so called English speaking Manager /owner. When we finally landed there and showing our booking slip, they accepted and sent us to 4th floor rooms, which were no dobout big, but stinking. The roof of the rooms were slaning like attic space and givig the rooms a clautrophobic atmoshphere. Anyway since we were two families, they shifted us to the cottages, which were much better with a drawing room on GF and one bedrooms each on FF &SF.Cottges also have a basic pantry with microwave ,refrigerator etc.
Coming to staff & service seems to be an major issue. We were on MAP thus not accorded any dining table in the lawns or resturants for dinner as predominately those were alloted to visitors not staying in the hotel. Thus the service to the cottage lacked the attention and food arrived after long intervals.Management also seems litile lackadasical in atitude.
Spa was better and they accomated us after lot of cajoling as we were driving ourselves and needed the treatment desperately.

Room Tip: Choose the cottages if two families are traveling
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family