“Rejuvinating experience”

Manuallaya -The Resort Spa in the Himalayas
Ranked #10 of 131 Hotels in Manali
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The calmness and the serenity along with the soul touching scenic beauty of the place instantly connected me to the universal consciousness. This for me is of utmost importance,hence10/10 for the resort. The commendable effort put in by the staff under the guidance of Mr Bambi(G.M.) is laudable. Keep up the great effort!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank veera69
Puneetbhambi, General Manager at Manuallaya -The Resort Spa in the Himalayas, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Manuallaya, Manali and taking out your valuable time to share your thoughts. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience here.

At Manuallaya, we always strive to provide our guests a memorable stay with personalized services and are glad that we could exceed your expectations.

We would be privileged welcoming you back at Manuallaya always.

Regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Manu Allaya is a place of sheer excellence providing us with best of the services to pamper ones ownself on a vacation with family and friends. Food and all other facilities available are extremely good. its a rejuvenating trip to manali if the host is Manu Allaya. keep up the great work and services.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your kind feedback. It is wonderful to note your stay at The Manuallaya, Manali was comfortable and the team at the hotel helped you to enjoy the experience. We do hope to have you in Manali and at the hotel again soon.
Regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was really impressed by the Panoramic view from the room.The staff was Very Courteous & hospitable.The hotel has been kept in immaculate condition even though the weather conditions are not conducive.The food served was very tasty,fresh & the barbeque added flavour to the evening.The indoor swimming pool along with Gym & Spa is very relaxing.Overall it was a very rejuvinating & exhilarating experience.I wish all the very best to the staff of the Hotel who made our stay very comfortable & enjoyable under the dynamic leadership of their GM.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and choosing to stay with us.

We are truly humbled by your recognition. The entire team are delighted to know that they were able to add to your experience at Manuallaya, Manali.

Our team combined with our location makes this resort a truly unique destination.

I thank you again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

i reached manali with my family and was astonished to see the beauty of nature.But main manali bazaar was quite crowded so we wanted hotel away from all the hustle an bustle.And there i saw this beautiful hotel manuallaya in nature's lap.The location of the hotel was best,we could see the beautiful snow capped mountains with lush green trees.The staff was very helpful and explained u about the nearest tourist spots like vashisht temple,hidimba temple.Food was great,service was good but the best thing wa staff was very helpful.oh and the rooms were spacious and neat.i'll definately return and will recommend this hotel to othe travellers.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank sainiJi24

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our welcome experience at Manuallaya, Manali. Our team is indebted to you for your kind compliments.

Our location combined with modern day amenities and USP like the indoor heated swimming pool make our resort a truly unique destination.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My stay at Manu Allaya had mixed emotions.
The Pros:
The Location : Very few places in Manali can give you this view.
The Balcony : I am one of those people who need fresh air in the morning. Surprisingly very few hotels in manali have a balcony.

The Cons:
Its a decaying property, it speaks of past grandeur, but thats in the past. i have attached pics of the furniture and the state of the stairs.
Its filled with people who come in vacation packages, i assume most of the good reviews are from travellers in these packages, for travellers who like premium facilities and the peace which comes with it, manu allaya should be off the radar.
The food : Most days ranges between bad and average, We did not use up our meal credits , the only saving grace was the service in the restaurant..which is many notches above the service in the hotel. we ate out most of the days.
The parking space : our driver kept complaining about the limited parking space and quarters for the driver.

The inference: Dont stay here if you are a discerning traveller, if you are coming here as a group with some tremendous discount...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bijoy M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to read that the overall experience did not meet your expectations.I have noted your comments on the furniture and food quality at the resort. Please do provide me a number or email where I can get in touch with your directly and understand this better. This will enable us to keep working towards bettering our guest experiences.

My contacts are below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

+919816022236
general.manager@manuallaya.com

Reviewed October 2, 2013

we took 3N/4D honeymoon pkg with 20% discount ,

Loved the location and property of the resort , they are just amazing ... views are awesome from the room ..Room quality , furniture , wooden work , heat facility and bathroom are amazing . library bar is unbelievable and recliners or sofa's fantastic .. Antiques are just amazing ..

when I pay Luxury tax I expect luxury
Cons : Food and Hospitality

Food is horrible and they are poor at south indian as well as north indian also .. Road side food will be far better than here .. their mixer will not work for fresh juices and instead they offer preservative drinks ( do u expect this from a star hotel ? ).. I Guess whatever the food they are giving is not fresh .. had dosa for two days and same sambar i tasted with icy touch , chutney is poor ( offcourse I am not expecting home taste in north but atleast some fresh food).. had parathas with more oil , some nawab.Biryani with full of ghee or some oil .. what is this

Hospitality :

When you select any package it doesn't mean that you are getting package inclusions for free, as if they looks like you have came there with a lucky draw for free.. really its horrible every time you need to explain that I have come with 3N/4D package .. Its just worst to tell everytime

went for spa and to be candid the person who did the massage is an expert and he did 100% correct and later we choose for jacuzzi we asked to wait for 1 hour and finally we got the call to enter jacuzzi from there scene starts .. we stood naked in the bath tub and the jacuzzi didnt start and from outside person giving the restriction to move pipe in either ways , how insecure that would be .. and finally he says jacuzzi having problem ..

ah regarding poor hospitality I can write more but it will not be good .. on the other side people at the reception are really good

Namasthe

Thanks,
Srikanth

Room Tip: ask for super deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Srikanth G

Dear Guest,
We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel.Please accept my apologies for the food quality and for the inconvenience you had in the spa. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask for me.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Room was very big and view fantastic on the sunny side of Manali.I had no hot water and had 3 men in my room for about 45 minutes to solve the problem .I stayed for 3 nights, I had hot water for one night the next two luke warm.The first evening I wanted a drink in the bar before dinner. The bar was closed at 7 pm ,but they opened it after a while .When I ordered a gin tonic they had no cold tonic. We were only seven guests at this big hotel .The food was belove standard. I ordered Pad Thai ,it was so far from the original Pad Thai .totally tasteless.When I checked out the card maskin did not connect,they could not change 500 rs ,I wanted small money for tips.The waiters were very friendly .My opinion , this hotel has a management problem .

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank NorwayErik

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations
Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the issues. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.
If you come back to our resort I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me.
We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Kind regards,