“Good Family outing for single visit”

Chokhi Dhani Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 313 Restaurants in Panchkula
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went to chokhi dhani. We were a group of 6. We had discount coupon from GROUPON so it cost us 150 less per head. Its a good experience though its very small as compared to chokhi dhani in jaipur which was awsumm...but for those who havent seen the jaipur one they ll enjoy. Its made on similar theme of a rajasthani village with inbuilt temple, pottery wheel, kalbelia dance,magic show etc. the food is good too but again the jaipur one was better. I feel we would have liked it better had we not experienced the jaipur chokhi dhani first. But for a family with kids its a great outing because it takes care of whole evening. you can go there at 7 and spend good 2.5 hours there. Magic show is really really good.. Bajra roti with lahsun chatney and ghee is awsumm..but don't eat much as u ll be too full for main course.

3  Thank sanjally

Reviewed January 12, 2014

we got the outshoot of choki dhani jaipur but nothing to compare. still lot to do justice with the visitor. staff untrained and need reward for each activity. not good experience

1  Thank colprabhat
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Average place.....some folk music & dance. Average food. There are stalls outside the main building where snacks are available for extra cost. By the time you enter the main building you are too full to eat anything. .....& that's the modus operandi of the place.

5  Thank drmanumengi
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We went their on a team outing and it was fun even though the food they offer at stalls outside is so poor u start thinking of getting a refund, but the activities are great like folk dance , balloon shooting , puppet show, camel rides etc. And once u go to the main dining area there is great food .
Its built in a very big area and gives u great rajasthani feel .

3  Thank cg_move
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Now we all have fond memories of Chokhi dhani Jaipur, right? Its a world in its own, a world so easy to get mellowed in. Its like a cultural feast that is so singular that it has become a Jaipur trip requisite.

I am sure that you all must have felt elated when the name 'Chokhi dhani' started buzzing in our area. I was like 'Finally a delightful respite from the monotonous city stuff' BUT....I know this 'but' must be heart breaking but let me break it to you that oh yeah this is a Chokhi dhani, but one characterised by stolidity. There is no FEEL, you know the feel that gets your feet tapping and your soul swaying, thats not there.

Lets get into details. As you enter, a lady greets you with a tikka and all but there is no spirit or warmth in her doing. You get set to buy your tickets from the Munim ji. There are two categories - a normal one and a royal one with a price difference of about 100 bucks. Premium??? Some added tidbits to the menu and you are served dinner in the Royal dining hall.

Well, then you enter into the main area with huge expectations and are all set to have a ball. This is where your expectations droop down, it may be the secluded area with few activities which are completely in dicordance. Let me put it straight for you, its Kaam Chalaau guys. There is a puppeteer, magician, rope walking, folk singing, dancing, mehndi waali etc. Avoid the counter for khatta meetha snacks like Chaat papdi, golgappe and all, thats all paid and believe me, you have already paid much more than this place deserves. One thing that really bugged me was their constant hope for a tip, I mean thats our choice, right?

Anyway, we kind of shifted our hopes towards the food part. The thali is good but the service is supposed to be extremely hospitable and it is not. We all remember the servers in Jaipur insisting us on having just a bit more. Well, here you've got to call them yourself and ask for re-fillings even though they are catering to such small numbers. Pretty average experience.

The highlight of the whole evening was the khattiya where we laid after the heavy meal, gazing upon the stars, a moment filled with utter romance. Wait, there's another. As per their practice, they adressed my Mithu Mithasiya as 'Seth Ji' which flustered him and made him blush, awwww adorable. All this gaga feeling whooshed away when Mithu said 'That makes you a Sethani my darling' and I snarled at him big time.

My Tip: Up to snuff for a change from the regular addas but don't pin up your hopes as per the Jaipur experience.

2  Thank RaminaSidana