“POOR Hotel with management having no clue of what a 5 star hotel should be”

Holiday Inn Chandigarh Panchkula
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Panchkula
New York City, New York
“POOR Hotel with management having no clue of what a 5 star hotel should be”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

reading the great reviews on trip advisor i tried this self proclaimed 5 star hotel and was disappointed at every level. How dare they publicize it as a 5 star hotel when they know nothing about running it. The rooms are decent but problematic bathrooms. we had to change two rooms because the leakage from the showers had wet the room and the carpeting. The F&B manager is the pits. They could not make a simple plain grilled cheese sandwich and said we had to eat it with tomato and cucumber whether we liked it or not. A shame!! Then we ordered a Tofu dish which had no tofu. upon complaining they said they didnt have tofu so I said then I should have been told and i didnt want it so to take it back. They took it back but they charged me for it. I could have shouted and had the bill cancelled but i realized that if the mentality was so cheap of the hotel they were not worth wasting my breath on. At the time of booking and check in they confirmed driver accommodation. But after 11 pm when I was asleep, they threw the driver out. the poor chap looked around for a nearby place but ended up sleeping in the car. Even a government guest house would not do that so a 5 star hotel..my foot!! Then to top it all when we checked out the lady said that a shoe horn was missing from the room and we had taken it. Now we were thiefs!! I was so disgusted that i threw 500rs at them and left. So from check in at 7 in the evening and check out at 9 the next morning..all of just 14 hours had shown me the standard, management and service of the hotel. You cant just build a somewhat fancy property and think you can run a 5 star hotel. Shame on the owners. I wish they would learn a thing or two from oberoi and taj to know how a hotel should be run. Dont recommend it!!!! I have rated everything as poor tho the rooms and location are nice to reflect my true opinion of the hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Angelm777
Sabyasachi C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chandigarh Panchkula, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit to our hotel.

Your concerns are deeply regretted and I would like to state that on this occasion the level of service you received was unacceptable. Since the time of your check-in in the evening & till your check out the next morning we have nowhere met your expectations but i request you not to treat this as a benchmark standard of this hotel . Me & my team sincerely apologize for hurting your sentiments , it was definitely not meant .

I have personally looked into the matter and taken all corrective measures. Please do let me know your dates for next visit. I assure you of a complete revamp of the hospitality at KC Royal Park .

gm@kcroyalpark.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
New Delhi
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed for 2 days & ,my experience is extremely good. I recommended my friend to stay once in this hotel. The Golf View is Amazing & it make my Mornings & Evening pleasant, refreshing & Joyful. The Service Level is excellent, food delicious & excellent communication system. I can't forget my stay.....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Greetings from K C Royal Park .

Located amongst such beautiful surroundings , adjoining the golf course with the Nada Sahib Gurudwara and the Mount Shivalik at the back drop , i am sure this panoramic view would be a treat to watch out for . Complementing this breathtaking natural surroundings we would try to make everything possible to deliver a true international hospitality , expected by you .

Thank you again for staying with us . It will be our distinct privilege to serve you in the future .

Shimla
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed for five days recently. very courteous staff, lovely food, great service! Rooms are specious and great view. Some may feel the distance but that adds to the serene and quite surroundings!!!
As we checked in, were shown the room by the staff and auto lighting and curtain controls explained! A welcome change was fruit basket and cookies in room every day! The food choice, variety for buffet, the menu and the taste was awesome!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Morni hills have a fascinating view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from K C Royal Park .

Thank you for your excellent review . The team is excited looking at your fantastic feedback & i am sure this will motivate them further to deliver high levels of guest satisfaction . Thank you once again . Located amongst such beautiful surroundings , adjoining the golf course with the Nada Sahib Gurudwara and the Mount Shivalik at the back drop , i am sure this panoramic view would be a treat to watch out for .

USA
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here for only one night, but we had a wonderful stay. KC Royal Park is a huge hotel, with many rooms. We really loved our stay in Chandigarh, but one of the minuses of this hotel is that it's not very close to downtown Chandigarh. If you don't have your own mode of transport, this hotel can be quite inconvenient if you want to go shopping.
Consider Gopal's, a nearby restaurant with a very good Punjabi menu. However, It's not walkable from the hotel, so you need a mode of transport.

Room Tip: You might want to consider booking a room *09-*12 as these rooms have a very good view of the Shiwal...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sabyasachi C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chandigarh Panchkula, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

Greetings from K C Royal Park .

Thank you for your excellent review . The team is excited looking at your fantastic feedback & i am sure this will motivate them further to deliver high levels of guest satisfaction . Thank you once again . Located amongst such beautiful natural surroundings , we are just 2 km from the hustle & bustle of the city . We also have our Travel Desk and would be delighted to assist in case of such requirements .

Jammu
Reviewed August 2, 2012

i stayed here for 3 days & my experience is very good . i recommended to my friend to stay once in this hotel. the golf ground view is amazing . the service level of staff if very high .Amazing view and food is delicous and the service is excellent.We can not forget our stay in this property.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dinesh S

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

we were stunned when checked in !!!huge hotel with decent and welcoming staff from starting to end!!
i stayed here for four days and the most fascinated thing which really allowed me salute was their service level in every aspect .. you cant figure a single fault in anything !!! top notch ...
bravo to there management who has maintain very high standard..
it has everything which fulfill your every single need which you are looking for..
swimming pool is very cleaned and maintained..

Arguably the best hotel I have ever been to! The lobby manager greets every visitor upon entry and makes an effort to remember everyone (and to serve their needs..

will be back soon and highly recommended hotel..

Room Tip: nothing particular as it is *****
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank abidkaushik k
Sabyasachi C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chandigarh Panchkula, responded to this review, August 8, 2012

Greetings from K C Royal Park .

Thank you for your kind review . I am sure it will motivate the entire team to deliver high levels of hospitality resulting in wonderful feedback like yours . On behalf of the entire team i would like to thank you for patronizing KC Royal Park .

Delhi
Reviewed July 13, 2012

If you want to kill the spirit of your trip - either business or pleasure, Choose KC Residency, PANCHKULA! Aloof and loneliest hotel I have ever come across. On my two visits there, I am yet to discover and co inhabitant...except for the service staff. The location is almost unapprochable in Panchkula. While they claim to be five star - and have decently attempted to do so also in terms of building, they have become careless and stingy in providing one basic amenity - the AIRCONDITIONING!!! Dont know if it was bad planning or stinginess- this is one reason why I wud not go there ever again. I wud condone rest most the issues..but not the AC. Only silver lining was the interaction with the GM - Mr Sabyasachi (Sorry- if I got the spellings wrong!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank FLY2STAY
Dear Guest

Your concerns are deeply regretted and I would like to state that on this occasion the level of service you received was unacceptable.Thank you for bringing this matter and I sincerely hope that you will have no further cause for any complaint in relation to our service.

gm@kcroyalpark.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panchkula
WelcomHotel Bella Vista
#2 of 100 in Chandigarh
Park Plaza Zirakpur
Park Plaza Zirakpur
#1 of 19 in Zirakpur

Been to Holiday Inn Chandigarh Panchkula? Share your experiences!