“Home away from home”

Harry's Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed at Harry's on our arrival in India and again before our departure. We were welcomed warmly on both visits. Our rooms, services, meals were of the highest quality. I would highly recommend "Harry's B and B" to all.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Linda F

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have stayed in Harry's B&B half a dozen times over the last 4 years. It is such a delight to be met by his driver at the airport and be whisked in air-conditioned comfort to Gurgaon - a drive of about 20 minutes.
The rooms are comfortable and beautifully furnished; I have tried 3 different ones. The bathrooms are great, with lashings of lovely hot water.
The food is plentiful and delicious.
Harry himself is very welcoming.
I have used his driver to take me to some very interesting and difficult to find places in Delhi and found him helpful and caring. His English is adequate, after all he is not a City Guide, and I have never had a problem with him.
Harry's is not a cheap option, but it is value for money.
If you have the option, ask for the room with the patio. It is delightful to sit out there in the early morning with a cup of tea as Delhi wakes up.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank maureenindia
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed twice at Harry's, one night while waiting for a connecting flight and then again on our return for three nights. No complaints at all on either stay. Airport pick up was smooth, the place is quiet at night, rooms are comfortable and the house is immaculately furnished. Harri is always there without being overbearing, can arrange whatever you need and speaks perfect English. Our tandem bicycle is presently in his cellar awaiting our return in october, we cannot give a better and more trustworthy endorsement than that.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ian k
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Hari and his family really know how to spoil a gal. The room was better quality than most 5 star hotels I'd been acquainted with but don't expect a power shower. His wife Vijayalaxmi was a super chef and they never let me go hungry even when my meal plans fell through they arranged snacks for me. After getting lost in Delhi and taking a cab where the guy spoke no English he called Hari and he was able to guide me home safely for the night. It was also helpful being able to hire their driver for numerous trips I had to make before my next departure.

Room Tip: Ask for the room up top floor with private terrace.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank purechiqi
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Forget the corporate hotels! This is the place to stay after a long flight or even when you are stranded for a week as we were in 2010 with the Ash cloud. I have stayed three times since and Harry never fails to deliver including birthday cakes! His driver,Prakesh is excellent as are all the staff .

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank NorthumberlandDan
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Harry's is highly recommended place for all! We were welcomed at 3a.m and had a very smooth stay for 3 days!Our room was very well facilitated and cozy with a nicely done up bathroom and an adjoining terrace.the place is well equipped with high level of service and very polite staff.Everything we needed and more was provided.Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank stickynoteS
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed at Harry's Bed and Breakfast at the beginning and end of our stay in India; From Prakesh's (Harry's driver) welcome at the airport to Harry personally waving us off on our return, our stay couldn't have been more reassuring, calm and happy. Harry has a beautiful house and the rooms are spotless, strong hot showers and every practical comfort; But what is most special about a stay at Harry's is the host himself. It's almost as though he knows what you need before you know yourself! Whether it was a quiet family meal (one night alone before my husband joined me) or a driver who knew all the great shopping areas, to calm advice by phone when we were stranded in Jaipur during the rail strike, he goes out of his way to make a stay at his home memorable for care and concern. I can't imagine staying anywhere else on our return to India.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple