“I almost burst....”
Review of Cilantro

Cilantro
Ranked #37 of 2,788 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The hotel’s spacious all-day dining restaurant, under a magnificent crimson and gold dome, has a contemporary ambience. The main restaurant has seating for 64 people and the broad verandah outside, overlooking landscaped gardens and water bodies, can comfortably seat 40. The restaurant serves fine Mediterranean, Thai and Indian cuisine and its central feature is a wood-fired pizza oven, along with live pasta stations and hot and cold food stages.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were served with drinks and bread when we got there. After a while we were wondering when they were going to serve us.....then it dawned on us that they had prepared a buffet for us....face palm session...

So off we went to the buffet and we were spoilt for choice. Had a bit of almost everything as they were so good. Realised I couldn't take much more in, but still went for more "roti" and lamb curry.

Actually, what struck me with this place is the grand look it had, I was almost afraid to walk into the hotel for fear of tracking dirt, but I'm glad I did. Heck, I even got hold of Ramon to introduce him to my Filipino counterpart just so we could stay longer. The staff are ever obliging which made dinner a great night out.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visited with my client from Chennai for a late lunch.

Cilantro's ambience is great!I had Japanese food in one separated corner while my client had the indian buffet. The chef, welcomed me as i entered the Japanese corner and asked if he can prepare a Sushi and Sashimi platter. With great and unassuming smile, he started preparing my order.After a few minutes, my order came and i was amazed by its presentation. the platter included maki, sushi, sashimi of freshest fish, squid and prawn. my first bite was heavenly! Had i closed my eyes during my first bite, i would have not a second thought that i was eating in one sushi bar bar in Japan. The food was authentic and superb! The portion is more than enough for one person. I had to ask the Chef's name. He is Chef Ramon, the excellent chef who prepared the best sushi and sashimi  i've eaten in India. I also have known that this guy had won several awards as a chef in India and in other countries. Those awards really translated to excellent food.I would highly recommend this resto especially Chef  Ramon to prepare the Japs Foods. If you happen to visit the place, tell Chef Ramon about my review and perhaps he may give you bigger portions. hahaha.You may also order his own creation (photo attached), the "semira ...something" . This, i believed won several awards.

<<If you feel this review is helpful, please click yes above/below>>>

1  Thank Narellano
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I was most impressed with the grandness of the facility. The staff was extraordinary. They will make it happen. If you are a fan of Indian food they do an an excellent job but unfortunately I am not a fan. They did have sea bass on the menu and it was ok. It is worth a visit to the Trident Hotel.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

am a bit iffy about this place...mixed reactions/feeling every time I visit on business meeting or with friends. guess, depends on the company. :)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

had buffet lunch at this place today, and completely loved it. the staff was courteous, and the food great. especially loved the desserts