“excellent location in gurgaon”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
Ranked #11 of 234 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Pune, India
“excellent location in gurgaon”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

nice expansive property in an upmarket neighbourhood.....easy access to the corporate offices in gurgaon....plenty of eating options within....acceptable service standards....but over-priced for the features & services offered....caters more to the western traveller's tastes

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you for your feedback and positive comments about our hotel, location and food & beverage options. We have taken note of your value for money comments, and please feel free to send me more details of your feedback to arindam.kunar@ihg.com so that I may assess and endeavor to work upon the perception to ensure higher satisfaction levels on your future visits. We do hope you will soon return to our hotel and provide us with an opportunity to showcase our exemplary service levels soon.
Arindam Kunar, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Imposing building just off the highway in Millennium city of Gurgaon merges very well with the look and feel of the city. The driveway is quite exclusive and gives a feeling on being transported to a place away from hustle and bustle of city. As you enter the hotel you end up in a courtyard kind portico which gives it a very secure cosy and regal feeling. The entrance and lobby are impressive The lounge area is very well spread out. There are wide corridors and you catch a glimpse of nice coffee shop. The open bar is so well designed that gives you a feel of privacy.
As you approach the elevator you are greeted with folded hands very warm smile which makes you feel homely. The rooms are very spacious are plush. It is a good combination of luxurious setting and functional utility. But there is something more to it. Don't know whether it comes due to warm reception & hospitality or off-white plushness of room or because of great senses of privacy which makes you feel that you are a spa. Even the room numbers are written on floor so that it does not stare into you and you getting completely submerged in the setup. Rooms offer a nice view of ever-speeding Delhi Jaipur highway and you can see the pool. Seeing Sunset across the highway is a good experience.
The menu is good. It offers you good choice both in Indian and Continental category. Some of the Indian dishes are worth trying.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel. It is indeed quite heartening and rewarding to read your feedback, and we most appreciate your comments about our hotel and the team. We hope you will continue to patronize our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and as mentioned by others, it does cater to the western business traveler. It is conveniently located proximate to most of the offices in the area and to numerous restaurants. The pick up and drop of from the airport is very convenient and professional and they will even schedule pick ups from other locations. I also enjoyed the hotel restaurant which has a number of selections for both breakfast and dinner. Although most of the food is buffet style they have a number of make to order stations (both in the morning and evening) which I prefer. The rooms are spacious but I agree with the earlier comments that the lights are difficult to figure out? Due to the time change I woke up very early one morning and by 4 am was ready to hit the gym, it’s a long walk over there and then I found out that it opens at 5:30 am. For a hotel of this caliber catering to the business travelers I would expect a gym that is open 24/7. The other minor annoyance was that it was difficult to procure itemized checks from the meals (which my company requires for reimbursement) as they wouldn’t let you take a copy when leaving (they actually chased me down twice). So I had to ask for them when checking out and they basically pulled out bunch of envelopes and spent the next 10-15 minutes trying to find my checks? These were minor annoyances and just something that I generally don’t see when traveling for business, but nonetheless, I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel and also taking precious time to provide your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
With regards to your comments on the gym, we do keep our gym open for special hours based on guest requests, and do let us know on your next visit so that we can facilitate the gym timings for you. Your feedback on billing is well taken, and we have already initiated corrective measures!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Today Gurgaon.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza a good couple of times on my business visits to Gurgaon. The hotel is my go-to place due to its location and the fantastic experiences I've had in the past. I love how big and spacious their rooms are. The baths are equally grand and what you'd expect from a five star hotel of its repute. Their breakfast spread is great and the staff is ever so courteous. It's a pity I've since then moved to Delhi and don't get to visit it as often as I'd like.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings! Thank you so very much for your lovely compliments about our hotel. We deeply appreciate the fact that in spite of you having moved to Delhi, you still took precious time to provide your feedback on tripadvisor.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bangalore
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Going by standards set by other hotels in the group, this has certainly improved since my last visit. The bathroom is cleaner. The breakfast spread has improved. And, the hotel staff were efficient during both the check-in and check-out. The toiletries have been upgraded. You longer get the same fare, as the Holiday Inns. The only grouse would be the poor selection of TV channels and rather complex lighting arrangement. It took me quite some time, to figure out, how to work the lighting and even then, the room was quite dark.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you for returning to our hotel and staying with us. We are also pleased to know that you have liked our efforts in improving our standards and we assure you that we shall continue to strive to be better. We have noted your feedback on TV Channels and the light switches and we intend to address the same immediately. While we can add some channels, we intend to brief our guests about the lighting in the room in future.
Seattle
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was booked for an 8-night stay in early March. I have stayed there several times in the past, so I was familiar with what to expect. The aspects of the hotel that I particularly like are:
Breakfast buffet. Delicious food and a wide variety of choices, with Western, Asian, and Indian foods.
Room: Very quiet and comfortable.
Staff: Always helpful. I had an issue with the room on the first night. The next morning I spoke with the duty manager, Anand Khanna. He quickly resolved the problem for me and couldn't have been more helpful and courteous. People like Anand are valuable assets to any property!
Fitness center: Good equipment, nice environment.
Room service and laundry service: Both are outstanding.

This is a very good hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest
At the outset, please accept our thanks for choosing to stay at our hotel over and over again. It is indeed a true manifestation of the team's effort to delight our guests. I am also so glad that you took time out to compliment one of my team members, which no doubt goes a long way to motivate our entire team. Your feedback has been communicated to Anand, who is immensely grateful. We look forward to your return soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a business person's hotel on the most part. Lobby is good, and staff extremely polite. The sincerest of them being the really nice gentleman near the elevators ... very nice. What's also great is the breakfast at Cafe G ... terrific, really amazing.

Things are a lot less impressive in the rooms. They are very dated, and in desperate need of refurbishing. And the rooms, while cleanish, not really thoroughly cleaned. Small stuff, nothing major.

Security though, is an area they need to work on. My key didnt work twice, and on both occasions hen I went down to the front desk, they asked for my room number without checking my ID. I could have given any room, and they would have granted me access. That is worrying. Twice, not once. So, if you stay there, lock up your stuff !!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We deeply appreciate your lovely comments about our team which not only motivates us, it in fact also confirms our efforts to ensure that we delight every single guest.
I am specially thankful to you for your comment on the security aspect, which we indeed have already addressed with the team.