“A good place with best in class rooms but service is a bit slow”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
Ranked #12 of 238 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Good breakfast , not very far from airport , good rooms, good interiors , great washrooms , study and tea set just everything is class but the check in and checkout process is slow . May be because I checked in with a group . Still not a bad decision As the hotel is too good

• Stayed: February 2013
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings and thank you for your nice words of appreciation for our hotel and I am glad you liked our hotel and this is a true reflection of the service standards and the product that we offer our guests. Your feedback on Check In is well taken, and we shall certainly address the same for all group check ins in the future. My team and I look forward to your retrun visit soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located in Gurgaon near good eateries and business places .Hotel is very clean and inviting ambience.Lobby looks small when you enter to reception area but there is enough space for sitdown meetings at the backside of reception.Rooms are big and digitally controlled.Special thing is that they have room numbers written on floor and not on doors.Not sure the reason though.Breakfast spread is good but service is slow.I had to wait for 15 mins for a simple dosa (Indian Pan cake ) which normally takes 5 mins at any other joint.Fast and free wifi internet access was provided by Hotel to me inclusive in corporate rate we booked.All in all a pleasant stay except one thing,,I booked non smoking room and still the curtains of the room were smelling of smoke..may be from previous occupant of that room.I complained about this at Hotel as well..Hotel needs to segregate the smoking and non smoking rooms to avoid such issues in future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Greetings and many thanks for your compliments to the hotel. We deeply appreciate your taking time off to write about your experience at our hotel and am glad that you had a pleasant stay. We also thank you for your feedback on the smoke smell, and will address the same immdtly.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had a 3 nights there las week for a business meeting. Very good service both at the conference venue and throughout the stay. Friendly personel, good restaurants and overall good rooms.
Free internet included in the room charges. Nice pool areas and good gym.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Mr James
Greetings! Thank you so very much for your feedback, and we really appreciate the same. I am glad you had a successful event, and I am sure, you will provide us a chance to service your team and you in the near future.
See you soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Back to Crowne Plaza for my second trip to Gurgaon after 5 weeks in October/November 2013, I was very much looking forward for another good stay and I wasn't disappointed.
On my previous stay, I had noticed few ups and downs and I was pleased to see that it had been corrected. Most people working in the hotel were already there last year and all of them recognised me and welcomed me back the instant I arrived. This is really pleasant and adds a real feeling of luxury. I was allocated a quiet room on the 5th floor with full view of the pool. Room was kept immaculate by a very nice gentleman, who would meet me with a great smile, every time I would see him around.
Service had been a little bit patchy in some areas, notably in Cafe G but this time it was really good all over and nothing was too much to ask. Food is as always the abolute gem of the hotel. Breakfast is superb but the buffet is beautiful as is all the "A la carte" dishes.
Wildfire restaurant was a great moment again with the superb array of meats and the smile and kindness of the Brazilian chef.
I will only mention one thing that is a let down for me. The hotel is a preferred location locally for corporate events and weddings. Smaller corporate events are taking sometimes place in Cafe G. In one particular occasion, we had to wait over an hour to get a table ...
I fully appreciate the commercial reasons behind this but I think it shouldn't be at the staying guests' detriment, especially when there's so much space on the first floor and on the other side of the ground floor.
All in all, another superb visit, another great 2 weeks, where I was spoilt and pampered by lovely people who really know how to please their customers.
Very well done to all of you !!!

Room Tip: I was in room 5002 with full view of the swimming pool and a quiet area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Julmops

Dear Guest,
Greetings! Thank you for the superlative feedback. We are not only delighted, my team is very excited and pleased with such great words of appreciation from you. We deeply appreciate your taking time off, and write such a detailed feedback.
At the same time, please do accept my apologies for the inconvenience due to the Cafe G being crowded during your meal periods. We have indeed taken your feedback on board, and amending some of processes to avoid such inconveniences in future.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Cheers

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a great hotel for the business traveler . The facilities are very well maintained and the general decor is excellent. Great fitness and pool area to relax at on a Sunday. They have a nice bar area near reception and the Brazilian restaurant is well worth a visit for the non vegetarians. Breakfast room is fantastic with a wide variety of hot and cold dishes both western , Asian or Indian available. I have personally stayed several times at this hotel and is very convenient for traveling around the Gurgaon area. The service is very good indeed. A well managed hotel.

Room Tip: High floor preferred
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings! Thank you so very much for your lovely comments about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed a leisurely time at our pool. The team at our bar and Brazilian restaurant are grateful to you for your positive feedback. We do hope you will return soon. Your feedback means a lot to us, and we assure you or our continued efforts to delight every guest.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Professional pick up at the airport (New Dehli), followed by a quick car ride to the hotel (30 min).

The room was very large and well maintained (even though it is aging a bit). No problem in terms of cleanliness.

The concierge arrange cars for us to tour around Agra (4 hours each way) and see the Taj Mahal for a reasonable price.

We ate at the Brazilian style restaurant which had excelled meat (special in India).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Greetings and thank you very much for your lovely comments about our hotel. It means a lot to us, when you take precious time to provide feedback to our hotel and I can assure you that it does motivate our team to further enhance our efforts to delight our guests. Your compliments will be communicated to our team, and we do hope to see you soon at our hotel.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Upon our midnight arrival in Delhi, Trinetra Tours took us to this hotel for our first 'night'. It was very nice, AC worked fantastic, rooms were beautiful & modern & clean. Beds were comfy, linens were nice. But it is the absolute best breakfast buffet we have EVER had at a hotel! I'm hungry just thinking about it! Service was absolutely impeccable...a truly delightful stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LookingForFamilyFun
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings! Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel. We deeply appreciate your feedback, and the breakfast team is delighted about your comments. We do hope we will see you soon back at our hotel and hope that you will recommend our hotel to your friends and family.
Cheers