“Great Business meeting”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
Ranked #10 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Business meeting”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had a 3 nights there las week for a business meeting. Very good service both at the conference venue and throughout the stay. Friendly personel, good restaurants and overall good rooms.
Free internet included in the room charges. Nice pool areas and good gym.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Mr James
Greetings! Thank you so very much for your feedback, and we really appreciate the same. I am glad you had a successful event, and I am sure, you will provide us a chance to service your team and you in the near future.
See you soon.
Arindam Kunar, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Back to Crowne Plaza for my second trip to Gurgaon after 5 weeks in October/November 2013, I was very much looking forward for another good stay and I wasn't disappointed.
On my previous stay, I had noticed few ups and downs and I was pleased to see that it had been corrected. Most people working in the hotel were already there last year and all of them recognised me and welcomed me back the instant I arrived. This is really pleasant and adds a real feeling of luxury. I was allocated a quiet room on the 5th floor with full view of the pool. Room was kept immaculate by a very nice gentleman, who would meet me with a great smile, every time I would see him around.
Service had been a little bit patchy in some areas, notably in Cafe G but this time it was really good all over and nothing was too much to ask. Food is as always the abolute gem of the hotel. Breakfast is superb but the buffet is beautiful as is all the "A la carte" dishes.
Wildfire restaurant was a great moment again with the superb array of meats and the smile and kindness of the Brazilian chef.
I will only mention one thing that is a let down for me. The hotel is a preferred location locally for corporate events and weddings. Smaller corporate events are taking sometimes place in Cafe G. In one particular occasion, we had to wait over an hour to get a table ...
I fully appreciate the commercial reasons behind this but I think it shouldn't be at the staying guests' detriment, especially when there's so much space on the first floor and on the other side of the ground floor.
All in all, another superb visit, another great 2 weeks, where I was spoilt and pampered by lovely people who really know how to please their customers.
Very well done to all of you !!!

Room Tip: I was in room 5002 with full view of the swimming pool and a quiet area.
1 Thank Julmops
Dear Guest,
Greetings! Thank you for the superlative feedback. We are not only delighted, my team is very excited and pleased with such great words of appreciation from you. We deeply appreciate your taking time off, and write such a detailed feedback.
At the same time, please do accept my apologies for the inconvenience due to the Cafe G being crowded during your meal periods. We have indeed taken your feedback on board, and amending some of processes to avoid such inconveniences in future.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Cheers
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a great hotel for the business traveler . The facilities are very well maintained and the general decor is excellent. Great fitness and pool area to relax at on a Sunday. They have a nice bar area near reception and the Brazilian restaurant is well worth a visit for the non vegetarians. Breakfast room is fantastic with a wide variety of hot and cold dishes both western , Asian or Indian available. I have personally stayed several times at this hotel and is very convenient for traveling around the Gurgaon area. The service is very good indeed. A well managed hotel.

Room Tip: High floor preferred
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings! Thank you so very much for your lovely comments about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed a leisurely time at our pool. The team at our bar and Brazilian restaurant are grateful to you for your positive feedback. We do hope you will return soon. Your feedback means a lot to us, and we assure you or our continued efforts to delight every guest.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Professional pick up at the airport (New Dehli), followed by a quick car ride to the hotel (30 min).

The room was very large and well maintained (even though it is aging a bit). No problem in terms of cleanliness.

The concierge arrange cars for us to tour around Agra (4 hours each way) and see the Taj Mahal for a reasonable price.

We ate at the Brazilian style restaurant which had excelled meat (special in India).

Dear Guest,
Greetings and thank you very much for your lovely comments about our hotel. It means a lot to us, when you take precious time to provide feedback to our hotel and I can assure you that it does motivate our team to further enhance our efforts to delight our guests. Your compliments will be communicated to our team, and we do hope to see you soon at our hotel.
at home
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Upon our midnight arrival in Delhi, Trinetra Tours took us to this hotel for our first 'night'. It was very nice, AC worked fantastic, rooms were beautiful & modern & clean. Beds were comfy, linens were nice. But it is the absolute best breakfast buffet we have EVER had at a hotel! I'm hungry just thinking about it! Service was absolutely impeccable...a truly delightful stay!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LookingForFamilyFun
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings! Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel. We deeply appreciate your feedback, and the breakfast team is delighted about your comments. We do hope we will see you soon back at our hotel and hope that you will recommend our hotel to your friends and family.
Cheers
Patna, India
Reviewed May 20, 2013

it was nice business trip, the hotel as expected was very elegant in atmosphere and service. rooms are big enough, nice bathroom and television :)
a lovely hotel to stay and enjoy holiday, breakfast is almost nice..bar was good and swimming poll on first floor is quiet open and soothing..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings and thank you so very much for your compliments for our hotel and our team. We are delighted and feel proud to receive such positive feedback, and it motivates us a lot. We look forward to your future visits, and assure you that we will continue to strive to live up to your expectations.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went to Delhi on quick business trip recently. Arrived in Crowne Plaza Gurgaon at about midnight and departed two days later. The hotel service was very good and the staff were pleasant, polite and efficient. The checking in was efficient and so was checking out, though my colleague was presented with a wrong bill when he checked out - good thing he caught it.

The room was nice and modern, but didn't know the curtains were controlled from a bedside panel. Looked for cords on the side and tried to jerk them open. Finally figured it out. Similarly, the bathroom had blinds that could open and view into the bedroom (or vice versa), that was remoted controlled.

The only drawback was that the walk to the swimming pool was quite a ways. Had to walk down the corridor to lift, go down to 2nd floor then walk back down another corridor to the end where an elevator took it down to the 1st floor where the pool and gym were.

As a gold member of Priority Club, I did not notice any special treatment as compared to my colleague who wasn't. In a previous trip to Crowne Plaza in Oman before I became a gold member, my travel colleagues were both gold and were upgraded to nicer rooms.

Nevertheless, I had a very decent room and the hotel made a very short and busy trip as comfortable as they could for me. Will definitely continue to use them.

Room Tip: Look for the remote controls for the curtains. Ask for a room close to the lift or even on the 2nd...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and comments about our hotel. It is not only encouraging, it is also a great testament to our teams commitment to provide a ONE STEP AHEAD service to our valued guests. I am sure your kind words would go a long way to motivate and encourage the team. Your feedback on the curtains are well taken, and learning from it, we have decided to install a small sign on the curtains so that our guests are made aware that the curtains are remote controlled operated. Please be assured that Priority Club members are very special to us, and your Gold Membership does provide you with special facilities subject to availability. We look forward to welcoming you back, and please do drop in a line to me at arindam.kunar@ihg.com so that I can ensure your PCR membership is well worth recognized. I look forward to your visit and personally look forward to meeting with you.