“Super modern and glitzy, with a fun bar and a comfortable room.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
Ranked #10 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Glendale, California
“Super modern and glitzy, with a fun bar and a comfortable room.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This Crown Plaza is several cuts above the Crown Plaza Hotels we have patronized in the U.S. We were not impressed to see it on our itinerary of five star hotels, but were pleasantly surprised. The lobby was decorated for a wedding with lit flowered arches leading to the reception. The seating area was spacious and looked into a fancy circle bar with space for dining as well as drinks. After enjoying cocktails at the bar, we decided to sit at a table for dinner. The hotel houses a Brazilian Barbecue restaurant, but we were able to order a mixed grill of meats and another of seafood, for a much more reasonable price. A plate of mixed vegetables and another of crisp, fresh, fries completed our meal for four. It was our last stop before taking a flight out early the next morning. We were pleased to discover that a full complimentary breakfast was available from 6:00 a.m.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you so very much for your positive feedback on our hotel. My team and I are very happy to receive such feedback, and it only motivates us further to work harder. We also look forward to your visit to our hotel again.
Arindam Kunar, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Reception area is spacious and attractive
Rooms are spacious ,
The bathrooms are rich in look with a good bath tub
Gym is Great , All the tread mill has TV which makes exercise more vibrant
Staffs are courteous and friendly
Good spread of cuisines during the breakfast
Good option to stay for the travelers who have work in Gurgoan

Room Tip: Select the room facing the swimming pool and bridge
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel. I do hope that we will get an ooportunity to be of service to you again, and would much appreciate yuor return to our hotel
Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel since 2008. I am here now..... Despite asking for a quiet room, all I can hear is the traffic and some sort of generator. I work for a large company and will be asking that we consider other hotels in the area..I/we will not be staying here anymore !!! the rooms are dirty and need re furnished and the staff don't care, very unusual for India ...

Room Tip: Don't bother book somewhere else !!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Gill P
Dear Guest
At the outset, please do accept my personal and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. While we do pride ourselves of world class service coupled with Indian hospitality at it's best, we seem to have faltered on this occasion. Please be assured, we have done a detailed investigation on your observations, and we shall certainly amend the issues that need to be addressed by us. My senior management team had met you during your stay, and I had also placed a request to meet you, which we could not, cause of your departure from the hotel.
I do hope you will consider us once again, as we can certainly say with conviction, that we have addressed the issues, and only your return stay can prove that you.

West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have been to 5 continents so far and this hotel is way up here as quality of service and quality of physical facilities is concerned. The room is nice and clean, the furniture is like brand new or they take good car of it. The bathroom is attractive with remote control blinds between the bathtub and the glass wall that separates it from the bedroom which I found is simply charming. There is a shower too in case you don't like the elegant bathtub. The bed is deliciously perfect with amazing fluffy pillows but they also have a menu for pillows in case you need something different.

Then there is the food!!!!!!!!!!! Their breakfast has everything! You can have Indian, Asian, or American breakfast. Lunch and Dinner cannot be explained but there is something extra that was a surprise for me as a Brazilian: they have the only Brazilian barbecue place in India!!!! The Wildfire Brazilian restaurant ran by a Brazilian himself! You just sit and enjoy the many cuts of meat you can stuff down your throat and there are huge shrimps and barbecued pineapple too. Just go to a Brazilian all you can eat meat place and then come to India. You don't have to become a vegetarian in this hotel but if you will... man... my wife who does not live without having meat says she can be a vegetarian now! They have things I have never tried before and I did not not have one that was not poetry made of spices.

The staff is always trying to please us. They are all very polite and constantly worry if we are happy or not. I may be unfair right now by mentioning some names just because I cannot write some of them but here goes: from the kitchen comes Sandeep the cook always trying to know what we want to eat, if we are happy with the food and all. Deep Singh, another cook, even learned how to make a Brazilian food for us that is very popular surprising us completely out of the blue! They make faces with chocolate syrup on the whip cream on our cups of chocolate, they try to keep our favorite table for us. One of the waiters, always nice and worried that we are happy even escorted me to the nearest market so I could buy some fruits that I wanted to have in my room besides the ones they put there every day as a courtesy. Goma, the receptionist in the restaurant is always very happy, cheerful, polite, and ready to find the best place for me and my and so on. The people in the lobby greet you with a smile and helps you in any possible way. The managers come and ask if everything is all right with our room and so on. I think that when they have a meeting they ask them to treat every guest as if they were their favorite Bollywood movie start. That is how they make me feel.

Their gym is amazing. They have women and men spa separate with dry and wet sauna, jacuzzi, exercise machines and weights and treadmills with individual monitors and very well taken care of with amazing staff all included in the price of the room. They offer massage and hair cuts not included in the price though. The swimming pool is very good but it was under maintenance half the time I was here and then it was too cold to go to the pool anyway (I guess they took advantage that people would not be using the pool and made it really good.)

Very close to the hotel is the Kingdom of Dreams with lots of shopping and places to eat and a huge theater. The shops and restaurants represent many cultures and cuisines of India. Don't miss that. It is very very close to the hotel. With time I learned to walk to the nearest main road and adventure on those little cabs they have for 30 rupies and took the Metro to distant markets where I was really in India, haggling with merchants, seeing serpent enchanters and all. I suggest everyone to stay at this hotel and come to India. The whole experience has been very positive for my wife and I. Try it out!

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the room they gave me which faced the swimming pool and Spa area. I am not sure abo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you so very much for your fantastic comments and taking precious time to do a detailed review of your stay. My team and I are quite excited with your feedback, and it motivates us to know that you were delighted. We assure you that we shall continue to work hard to ensure all our guests have such superb stays.
We look forward to your return soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Due to an early flight out of Delhi, I had only about 7 hours at this hotel. The room was spacious and comfortable. I had the grilled salmon dinner delivered via room service. Served with rolls, mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables, the meal was excellent. As noted by other reviewers, the hotel has all of the amenities of a 5-star property. I cannot rate value as I was on a tour and did not separately pay for this stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and the team. We appreciate your taking time to write your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Arindam Kunar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booked this hotel in order to conduct a seminar for our employees. The facilities provided as well as the food for the function was excellent. I had invited a few foreign guests along and they too were very impressed with the decor and the location.
The rooms are large and modern, and very well equipped - modernistic.
Ofcourse the prices are on the high side but as in Delhi / Gurgaon area the price choices are limited - either very expensive and nice, or cheap and pathetic.
All in all, a good venue for seminars, and hosting guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest
Greetings! We deeply appreciate your lovely comments about our hotel, the team and the food. I am glad your foreign guests liked our hotel. We do look forward to your return, and also hope that you will continue to have such events in our hotel in the future.
Kind regards
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had picked this hotel when I was in the city on a last minute business trip. I did have to shell out a significant sum of money for the two nights that I spent at the hotel for the last minute booking.

The room was good (typical of a five star property) and the breakfast did match the standards. I thought the tariff was on the higher side considering the other hotels that I have stayed at in this city.

The room is spacious and the funny thing is the bathroom is as spacious as the room or it seems so. The hotel has all the bells and whistles that a five star property would have.

The staff is quite courteous and professional. The hotel is not the biggest of the Crowne Plaza hotels that I have stayed in but it is new hotel with modern amenities which a western business traveler will appreciate.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Greetings! Thank you for your compliments about our hotel. We appreciate your taking time off to provide your valuable feedback. Please also be assured, that we provide exceptional value for the price we charge, and as compared to similar hotels in our city, we are one of the most competitive in pricing.
We do hope you will return soon to our hotel. Should you wish to use our hotel regularly, please do contact me at arindam.kunar@ihg.com, and we could work out a special rate for you based on your usage.
Cheers