“Great service and yummy food!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
Ranked #10 of 228 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Bengaluru, India
“Great service and yummy food!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Today, Gurgaon from 17-21 Sept, 2012. Service and food are really great. I really admire the personal touch that the staff have with the guest. Each of the staff members are great but I must highlight Rohan and Ruby for their above and beyond assistance during my stay.

Room Tip: Pool facing room & higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Mr Chetan
Greetings! We deeply appreciate your taking time to write such a nice review of our hotel on tripadvisor. In addition, the fact that you remember the names of my team mates, and mention them here is surely appreciated by them and the entire team. Please be assured that they will be very happy to receive your compliments
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Arindam Kunar, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed there last year, it is an excellent hotel, most centrally located. Perfect for business travel or hosting lunch/dinner for the partners. Rooms and Room Service is just perfect with perfect and complete bathrooms.

Room Tip: Nice hotel for stay, food is excellent, location is just perfect for business travel considering tra...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr Mathur,
Greetings and thank you so very much for your compliments about our hotel. It surely is motivating to receive such feedback about our hotel and the team.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely hotel soon.
Gurgaon
Reviewed January 17, 2013

When we decided to opt for the membership of Crowne Plaza, Gurgaon, little did we realize that we are asking for one of the finest experiences in the world of hospitality. As soon as we entered the premises, we were simply bowled over by the luxurious and at the same time very modern interiors. The sprawling sofas in the lobby and the green cascading fountains fully visible from the huge glass windows provided a fantastic view. One could spend the whole day watching the beautiful interiors as well as the exteriors. There is something really fascinating about the whole experience.The staff is extremely courteous and welcoming. The lavish spread of buffet was mind blowing. Icould never imagine that I would be able to eat so much. I really felt ashamed of being so greedy. It is a business hotel and the location is not only very appropriate but also in the hub of activity. Iam really looking forward to my stay in the hotel in the nnear future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest
What a pleasant note from you! We are delighted to read about your feedback, and we deeply appreciate the same. It is comments such as these that motivate us to work harder to delight our guests.
We do hope you will come back soon.
Arindam Kunar
USA
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stay at the Crowne Plaza in Gurgaon because my company has a deal worked out with them so I have no other choice. I am trying to get this changed, however. I have spent over 60 nights here in the past year and positively hate it and dread coming to stay. I am a pretty easy person to please, but the staff, in general, go out of there way to make you miserable.

There is a lot to say, both bad and some good, but I will stick to the highlights.

I am not sure where to begin, perhaps with the title of my review. I am tolerant when things go wrong, but at the CP Gurgaon the customer is always wrong. The wifi signal is very weak in many parts of the hotel and the staff blames my laptop, which works fine everywhere else. When they have my status level wrong in the computer they tell me it must be because it has expired, not an error on their end. Airport transportation is included in my rate, but they tell me it's not and charge me for it anyway. We have a discounted rate for food and other services, but it doesn't get uniformly applied so I have to go over bill with the staff at checkout, which of course they resist. The list goes on.

The hotel, its food and services are exorbitantly expensive. Way beyond any fare value, even at a hotel. The costs all get passed on to my client, but I feel terribly guilty turning in my expense reports. Also, the hotel is in middle of nowhere so there are few alternatives for food nearby. The food at one of the restaurants, Cafe G, is good, but the menu gets old quickly.

When you put your do not disturb sign out they *call* you to ask when they can clean the room. On several occasions they have woken me up from sleeping off my jetlag. I thought that respecting the do not disturb sign is the first rule of hotel management! If you are in your room without the do not disturb sign out someone will be knocking on the door (or calling) about once per hour, which makes it tough to relax or get work done.

The hotel, its restaurants and bar are way over staffed, but that does not translate to good service. They are generally disorganized. One moment 4 different people will ask you what you want to drink and then no one will come back for 20 minutes. Related to this, you can't walk anywhere in the hotel without a half-dozen good mornings or how are yous from the hotel staff. I get that they're trying to be friendly, but it gets annoying after a while and ignoring them seems mean.

The evidence of their poor customer service is right here in this site. They paste the exact, same letter in reply to the negative reviews without any attempt to rectify the issues.

There is much more to say, but this is enough of a rant. Do not stay here. Go to the Weston, the Marriott, the Radisson, Park Plaza or somewhere else, anywhere but here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tcgull
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Sir
Greetings! I am extremely perturbed and sad to hear about your experience at our hotel. While it is unusual for us to receive such feedback, we assure you that we will study your feedback with full conviction and take whatever necessary steps that are required to address the issues raised by you.
I can only hope that you will give us another chance to redeem your faith in our hotel once again
Apologies and kind regards
Mumbai, India
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Though I had visited the Crowne Plaza earlier for its restaurants, this was the first time I stayed there. The service was fast and friendly, the check-in needing only 2-3 minutes. The room was a delight - large and well appointed! The washroom's highlight was the large bath tub into which one could just sink into! The buffet breakfast was one of the most lavish I have seen with an extremely wide range of cuisine available. All in all, excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind comments of appreciation of our hotel and our team. It is not only heartening, but also very motivating for the team.
I look forward to your future visits to our hotel and assure you of our best efforts.
Kind regards
Cheshire
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault the standard of the room apart from a few technical glitches (remote blinds and curtains did not work) which were sorted once reported to reception. The staff were welcoming and served an excellent breakfast.
The bar was not great with little atmosphere (possibly due to the out of season first week in Jan) and service was unusually poor in comparison to the rest of the hotel's staff as they seemed to be occupied with a stock take. We stayed at another, hotel during this trip and they will get our business on the next one. Sorry CP!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write about your experience. It is feedback such as this, that we take very seriously and eventually makes us a better hotel in service of our guests!
I am really sorry about the lack of service at the Bar, and immediate steps have been initiated to address the shortcomings! I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you wherein we can prove to you that we have indeed taken your feedback seriously.
Please do contact me at arindam.kunar@ihg.com for your future bookings and allow me to make your next stay a special one.
Cheers
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Pros: Very efficient staff in a fairly new hotel that is situated within a half hour of New Delhi's International airport. A sumptuous breakfast in the lobby level restaurant makes it well worthwhile. Lobby

Cons: Lobby bar (fairly large) can be a tad noisy when busy - not the best place for any business meetings.
bathrooms have the shaving concave mirror too far from the sink (see photo). Also, the blinds that separate the see-through glass into the bathroom in my room (510?) went up and down on its own inexplicably at night with an annoying sound (see photo).

All in all great value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you so very much for providing some great feedback and insight for our hotel. We thank you for your compliments to our hotel, and I am sure that the team will be delighted to hear about the same. Your feedback on the mirror placement is well taken, and we shall endeavor to work out a solution. The feedback on the blind is really a surprise for us, and the first complaint. As a precautionary measure, we are having all the blinds double checked to avoid a repeat.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Arindam Kunar,. General Manager