“Only if you have no other choice”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
Ranked #12 of 253 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Basic hotel alright for a short business trip.
Average restaurants, except for "Wildfire" - Which is definitely a world class restaurant. Serving Brazilian Gaucho meat skewers.

The air conditioning did not work in my room

The hotel staff are very courteous and always ready to help

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank aakashshirodkar
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
Greetings and thank you for your feedback. At the outset, our sincere apologies for the issues you had with air conditioning. This issue is a bit if a surprise for me, as we rarely get AC complaints, and I shall certainly investigate the same. If you could provide more details to me at arindam.kunar@ihg.com, I would be most grateful.
Thank you also for your kind comments on our team, who are the pillars of our success and consistently deliver Great Hotels Guest Love.
I look forward to meeting with you on your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Rooms, common areas and amenities (e.g. business center, gym, pool) are modern, well equipped and very well maintained. The hotel staff are well trained, very helpful, cheerful, and courteous with very good English skills.

Food: Wildfire, the Brazilian BBQ, was excellent. The main chef is Brazilian, and takes a refreshingly different approach to the typical Brazilian BBQ (as served in Rio). The meats, fish and sauces are extremely well prepared, fresh, flavorful and a bit lighter than the typical Brazilian BBQ.

Other restaurants and room service: Café G was good, but inconsistent. Again, service is very good, but the food was either fair to poor or very good (i.e. inconsistent). Room service was also inconsistent. Either it was either very good or fair to poor. I had no issue whatsoever with food hygiene within the hotel which indicates good food safety practices.

Overall, a very good experience and a hotel I recommend and would stay at when in Gurgaon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank George O
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you very much for taking precious time off to write a detailed account of your experience at our hotel. We are deeply appreciative of your compliments, and it does motivate our team to continue to delight our guests.
I do look forward to welcoming you back..

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My first stay in this Crowne Plaza having previously stayed in the Trident Hotel in Gurgaon. Much preferred the informality and relaxed atmosphere of this CP to the Trident. Cafe G is good, possibly a bit expensive but the buffet evenings are good value and offer a range of prepared and cooked-to-order food. Also ate in Wildfire - again good but I did feel it was on the expensive side.

Leisure facilities are better than average and there's a reasonable "club lounge" available for "qualifying" guests.

Bedrooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed. I'd be happy to recommend this and will stay here again

2  Thank DaveFaull

Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you so very much for your kind comments about our hotel. I am also delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and that we would be your choice of hotel on your next visit. This is a true reflection of our team's effort - as, to us, when a guest returns, our goal is met.
I look forward to seeing you at our hotel soon.
Arindam Kunar. General Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice during a two week business trip to India. The hotel was ideally located near to the business that I was visiting and also only a short drive to the airport.

The rooms I stayed in were clean, well appointed and housekeeping staff on floor 5 were very polite.

The buffett breakfast was good as were three of the dinners that I had.

One slight issue occurred on my final night. I had an early morning flight (02:20) home and instead of checking out as planned I arranged for an additional nights stay even though I would be leaving for the airport at approx midnight.

My plan was to chill out in my room, have a light dinner then depart for the airport relaxed and ready for a few hours rest on the overnight flight home. What I did get was a meal that did not arrive and after 30 minutes a manager approached to say that it would still be several minutes. I was not best pleased.

I stated that this unacceptable, requested the bill and went to leave. The manager however refused to give me the bill and I ended up requesting the General Manager - even then they continued to argue saying that they would bring the meal to my room and that it wouldn't be long.

At this point my position had become entrenched, I wanted the bill so that I could just return to my room finish my packing and leave. On checking out a whole line of people including the chef were wheeled out to apologise.

Now one cannot fault them for wanting to make good but the inability to recognise than one simple sorry would have been better that a long line of individuals who only wound me up more with the result that I didn't leave in the relaxed state that I had wished.

Would I stay again - yes but please when faced with a customer who's position has become so entrenched just take a step back, smile and wish them well.

2  Thank BigST99
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you for taking precious time off to write your feedback about your experience at out hotel. While I I appreciate your compliments for the team, I do understand your frustration when too many people get together to try and make up for an issue, and in turn upset a guest even more. This is a cultural issue, which we are addressing by way of training and orientation of our front line staff, and thank you for such candid feedback.
I do look forward to welcoming you back, wherein, I am confident, that we will be able to show to you the fact that we have taken your feedback seriously.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Profuse apologies made by their F&B Director and a bouquet by their Housekeeping manager makes me give them a better rank, otherwise not an enjoyable experience.
First morning, I was down to their breakfast lounge wherein no one escorted me to any table. So obviously, I took my stuffs and sat on a single seater table ( I was alone) which had the napkin and cutlery duly wrapped and nicely kept. This made me assume that no one had occupied the table before. half way thru my breakfast, the boy comes and asks me to get up since the table is reserved. On asking him that there's no placard/signage kept, he admitted to his mistake but still asked me if I could sit somewhere else.I denied and he agreed, though!
Next early morning, as soon as I was done with my 'nature's call' I realsed that there wasn't any paper roll!being a star hotel, there wasn't any hand shower either( indians prefer water :-) ). I leave it your imagination on how would I have managed to clean myself up without any paper roll/water jet around, post-facto!

having shared all of these, i still find them courteous enough, mainly for the series of apologies that were showered thereafter.
Mistakes do happen....how you handle those, makes you different. So, i would give them marks still.

1  Thank mahi1852

Dear Guest
Greetings! At the outset, please do accept my sincere and personal apologies for the inconvenience you faced during your recent stay with us. I am aware that our team did meet and speak with you with regards to the issues, and I once again assure you that corrective measures, both in terms of training and processes are being implemented. I can assure that you will not face any inconvenience in future, and I hope that one such incident does not diminish your otherwise favorable regards for our hotel. Do give us a chance to make up to you, and I look forward to meeting with you personally.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great location in Gurgaon. Airport, central Gurgaon, clubs, malls all within a 10-15 mins drive. Excellent service with warm and friendly staff. Everyone we came across in the hotel was extremely polite and recognized their guests every time with warm and personal greetings. Rooms were spacious and great bathrooms/showers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ShujaHJ

Dear Guest
Greetings! Thank you for your kind compliments for our team, and I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back and I look forward to personally meeting with you on your next visit.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a modern and comfortable hotel with good service. Bottled water is complimentary - I'm sure both the hotel management and the guests share an interest here! :) - and the rooms are very comfy with good selection of coffees & teas, tv-channels and wi-fi (although I think one should be able to use the same account with both mobile phone and computer without having to sign off first).

Being a vegetarian, the Brazilian restaurant was somewhat a disappointment, but on the other hand, the breakfast buffé was probably among the best ever with everything from porridge to dimsums and lassis. I especially enjoyed the spa: a two hour massage, the well-kept gym and swimming in all alone in the pool watching the starry sky. Felt almost like holiday!

1  Thank Alannainen
ArindamKunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your positive feedback about our hotel on tripadvisor. It is indeed a matter of pride for my team to know that you enjoyed your stay and the Spa team in particular would like to thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to your return and promise to ensure our continued efforts to delight our guests on every stay.
Regards