Location: it depends on the needs. If the intent is to be close to the Gurgaon businesses, then it's great. If its Delhi tourism, then it's an hour plus of horrid traffic and thanks to an abysmally chaotic toll highway. By itself the hotel's location is fine - there is a cluster of good restaurant 5 mins walking and a big mall about a mile away and also the Metro is walk able.
The hotel looks like, a very pleasant lobby and open interior architecture with a superb pool over the breakfast room
Rooms: these are really excellent - the beds, the bath and the amenities. It's very nice that they have abundant free water bottles that are replenished daily.
One set of rooms look out to a nice green garden/field, the others to the pool. The pool view is nicer and worth asking for specifically.
Food: excellent quality right from the breakfast to the restaurants and room service - just extraordinarily pricey. Eg. The room service on a small plate of Kebabs and 1 naan was $25 ...hmmm. A full dinner course of Kebabs, naans, rice, yoghurt and beers at a great Kebab place 3 mins walking was $20 - go figure. A little raising of prices is ok, a ripoff is a ripoff despite the quality
Service: mixed bag here - overall very friendly (perhaps a tad over enthusiastic with everyone greeting you all the time) and responsive
Misc and nits:
- viirtually all room air conditioners panels are not functional and always set too cold. You have to call maintainence who will come and set it to a fixed temp.
- transportation arranged by the hotel is a ripoff and AVOID. When you ask for an airport taxi they will pitch their service for Rs 2000 and if you ask for a local taxi you will hear the story that it will take 30mins to get. Push for the local taxi which will come in a minute and cost Rs 500! Both me and my friend went through the same spiel - c'mon hotel, stop ripping folks.
- checkin: distasteful (my experience and of 2 others) in all our cases we had booked the 'complimentary breakfast and wifi pacakge' - in each case the hotel insisted we pay extra as we had done mistakes in clicking something else. NOT something nice. Each experience required our standing firm till the hotel backed off but one remembers these irritants as the first experience and taxi biz as the last experience. Fix it!
Guys, you have a great hotel - make it a great experience for the guests than these cheap games at checkin and transportation ripoffs.
Summary: great hotel - get pool view rooms, avoid hotel's food, checkin and transportation ripoffs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Offer Free Wifi and special day use and Long stay packages. Stay connected at the modern Crowne Plaza(R) Gurgaon hotel, about 30 minutes southwest of New Delhi, 15 minutes from Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) and close to GE, IBM and Microsoft. The perfect base for work or exploring, our hotel features well-equipped guest rooms and complimentary Wi-Fi. Host events or meetings on-site in one of 11 flexible meeting spaces, including our Grand Ballroom, ideal for weddings and receptions. All rooms include Wi-Fi and the assistance of a dedicated Crowne Plaza(R) Meetings Director. During leisure time, enjoy shopping and local attractions. Experience live, Bollywood-style performances at Kingdom of Dreams, and visit the sacred Sai Ka Angan and Sheetla Mata Mandir temples in the area. While you're right in the center of the city, you can escape the bustle with a stroll through our garden courtyard or a treatment at Bodyzone Spa, located on-site. Stay on track at the well-equipped fitness center, or swim in our temperature-controlled pool. Try award-winning Brazilian cuisine at Wild Fire restaurant,or our multi cuisines restaurant - Cafe G and head to Delicious for dessert or to ConneXions for a nightcap. Enjoy the comfort of home away from home. Stay with us for 7 nights and above at INR 5999 + Taxes onwards including breakfast,wifi both ways airport transfers, 20% dis on F&B & SPA and 2 pcs laundry per day. For reservations please contact our 24-hour Central Reservation Office and quote Package Name: Long Stay Package Our well trained colleagues will be happy to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HRS and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Gurgaon
- Gurgaon Crowne Plaza