“A good place to stay for work but watch out...”

Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Ranked #4 of 237 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I spent a couple of nights at this hotel last week. Overall the hotel met my expectations. Friendly and professional staff. Good breakfast options. I particularly enjoyed the fitness center where you can borrow some good quality headphones. Also the swimming pool looked pretty good. Biggest warning in case you are sensitive to noise is to make sure you are not given a room on the side facing the road. I got it and did not have a good sleep as a result of the noise. I notified the hotel and they upgraded me to a nicer and quieter room.

Room Tip: Make sure you avoid the side of the hotel facing the road if you are noise-sensitive.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear tomdelre,

On behalf of my team I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and further we are grateful for your feedback as we take pride and strive towards delivering guest experience which should be the best in the hospitality business. I am happy to note that your stay was comfortable and our facilities & services met your expectations. Your appreciation for our associates is very rewarding, which will go a long way in achieving further excellence. Whilst it is a pleasure to know that you liked the hotel and the services, your concern have been noted. Please be assured that there is a proper glazing done in all the rooms but surely we will recheck the same based on your feedback. Guest feedback is valuable to us as it helps us to continually improve the quality of our customer service. Looking forward to serve you again and welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to Delhi (NCR).

There are newer reviews for Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi

Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you are going to be spending most of your time in Gurgaon, while in NCR, then and only then this hotel makes sense, because of its location. With the metro station, shopping malls and places to go to, this hotel enjoys unparalleled advantage over any other hotel in that area and that's where it ends. There is nothing exceptional about this hotel that stands out. Some say, its the people that makes a place and hence I could feel more comfortable in hotels around where there might not be enough grandeur but the staff make up for it. Westin, Gurgaon is very impersonal. I have stayed in various other Westin's but this seems the most oblivious to the personal attention guests need. Right from the front desk to the stay and your check out, all through, people run through like robots and can actually be replaced by machines. The second rung of staff like at the pool, spa or room service are not very competent. I didn't have a great time at the pool the last time. The rooms are just as good as any other Westin's and are nothing extraordinary. With respect to the view, the hotel has either the highway to offer as a view or the pool with the metro line in the background.

Strangely, the service and person waiting at our table in Preggo was a surprise and stood out in the crowd of otherwise the 'impersonal' and 'dispassionate' staff. Wish I could remember his name because his service is worth being called out here.

While at Preggo, I had an embarrassing observation. Since it is situated next to the pool, the rooms facing the pools had either the blinds up or a translucent blind being used in the bathrooms. I didn't realize it too until I was on the other side and happened to look up towards the rooms and trust me, it is embarrassing to catch a sight of someone taking a shower. Maybe the hotel should either use a more opaque blind or have the two layered blind down as default to save their guests from such embarrassment. And, if you are going to stay in this hotel in a pool facing room, just be careful. ;)

Being an SPG member, I find this hotel the most expensive of all the others in Delhi and it isn't really worth the money.

Room Tip: Choose the pool facing than the highway facing and just be careful of the blinds in the bath if you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jay M
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Jay M,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! As you rightly identified; the location of the hotel is best suited for business and leisure travelers with easy accessibility to the metro station, shopping malls, Delhi international airport and is conducive in saving a lot of valuable time for our discerning travelers by avoiding the hustle and bustle of the city. I am also happy to note that the dining experience at our fun Italian venue “Prego” was to your great liking and satisfaction. Whilst it is a pleasure to know that you liked the hotel; your concern have been noted. I am already aware of your experience at pool; wherein my associate had informed you about the charges for an extra occupant at the pool and thus on your request we had change your room occupancy from single to double so that your guest was able to use the pool facility. Also I would like to share with you that the rooms facing the pool have two blinds one which the sheer blind and the other is the blackout material blind used in the bathrooms. Guest feedback is valuable to us as it helps us to continually improve the quality of our customer service. Looking forward to serve you again and welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to Delhi(NCR).

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very convenient location and warm staff make Westin an excellent choice for Business travellers to Gurgaon. The Club Lounge has an excellent choice of Scotch and evening snacks and good Wi-Fi connectivity. The Pan Asian restaurant (I forgot the name) has a good spread, though a tad expensive. The breakfast buffet spread is nice as well. The fitness center is great and so is the spa (take this seriously, there is not much else to do in Gurgaon). All in all a positive experience.

Room Tip: Pay more and get the club room. The facilities are well worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear AjayS12041979,

Thank you for your inspiring feedback! It brings me immense pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our discerning guests and I’m glad to note that the dining experience at our signature Modern Asian venue “EEST” was to your great liking and satisfaction. The hotel is built in such a manner so as to provide a perfect residence both for business as well as leisure travelers with easy accessibility. Your generous praise of our team members is very encouraging. At Westin we take pride in serving our guests in a personal and instinctive manner and provide them with memorable experiences. We are also delighted to know that the breakfast spread, the Westin Workout, the “Heavenly Spa” experience and the Westin Club lounge facility was to your great liking. Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms were quite massive and well furnished. I had gone for a business occasion and hence experienced the catering for the banquet was very poor quality. Location of the hotel is quite good. Banquet facilities are quite good though. The food quality needs to be improved a lot though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear HShah99,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I appreciate the time taken to write a review however you had an event with us in November 2012 and have posted your review in September 2013 (11 months later). I would request to let me know any specific reason for posting your review after almost a year. My team and I take a lot of pride in our food and services offered and I therefore regret to note your disappointment with the meal experience in past. I would request you to send us your contact details on my email address sanjay.sharma@westin.com, so that we can speak to you in person. Guest feedback is valuable to us as it helps us to continually improve the quality of our customer service. Please let me know whenever you are coming to the hotel and I would ensure you get to see and savor the best of our cuisine. Thank you for complimenting our rooms; which are designed to provide a right environment for all business travelers, to carry out their business in the most efficient and convenient manner. Looking forward to having an opportunity to serve you again and welcoming you to renewal!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Room was large and clean. Ate breakfast on club level. It was good, not great. Same with evening snacks. A beer was delivered to the room with some food. Very nice touch. The gym had all the equipment for me to keep up my regular routine. The spa was nice. I had the "Westin experience" massage. Ladies, be ready for a boob rub at the end, even if the masseuse is a male. On most of my travels, I am asked first. That aside, a great massage. Staff was very helpful and kind and Buffett restaurant was actually quite delicious.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dani_travel

Dear dani_travel,

On behalf of my team I’d like to thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you at The Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi and taking the time out to convey your valuable feedback regarding your stay. Guest feedback is integral to our hotel and we look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again and welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to Delhi/NCR.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel has a very modern arquitecture. Rooms and service are average for price and India. This means service in India is super! So after staying at the Leela Palace, this hotel was just a notch less, but not much less.
Breakfast was good, but coffee for me not was the best. But I'm use too top quality coffee, and I guess I should drink tea while in India, so i did. And this was really good.
The spa is very nice. But I'm not an experience spa user, so I don't have much benchmarks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear costaricantraveler08,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about your experience at The Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi! I am delighted to note that the hotel, the breakfast at our all dining venue “Seasonal Tastes” and the “Heavenly Spa” experience was to your great liking and satisfaction. The ambience of the lobby is designed with series of hand painted glass panes oriented in such a way to give an impression of various moods of Delhi & NCR; providing a relaxing and renewing experience! Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services. Whilst it is a pleasure to know that you liked the hotel, your concern have been noted. Guest feedback is valuable to us as it helps us to continually improve the quality of our customer service. We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best service and hospitality.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

A well organized hotel for business travelers. From check in to check out , the experience was very good. The hotel is comfortably located in the business district of Gurgaon. The hotel has excellent restaurants, pool , spa and a gym room.

They had special packaged meals in the restaurants. On Thursday night it was Italian food with all wines thrown in .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear BighnaN,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about your experience at The Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi! Guest feedback is integral to our hotel and we are delighted that you found the hotel and its services to your satisfaction. The location of our hotel is conducive in saving a lot of valuable time for our discerning travelers by avoiding the hustle and bustle of the city. Your generous praise of our team members is very rewarding, which will go a long way in achieving high standards of service. Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. My team and I look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best attention and service, at all times.

Sanjay Sharma

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Westin Sohna Resort and Spa
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
#1 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR
Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR
#5 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#11 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi? Share your experiences!