“Resurant Review”

Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Ranked #4 of 237 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Well we had dinner at the cafe went in a huge group
Service food all ok and good
Need more variety and also service levels need to be more classy thats all.
The area in the hotel was clean yet again very overdone in places
I would def like to see if after my review the cafe and service there improves and does the head there really believe in customer review and improving things.Didnt get a chance to note down the names of the staff i interacted with otherwise would have been more specific.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear wad214,

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate the time taken to write a review for our all day dining venue “Seasonal Tastes”.I have also shared your suggestions with the team. You are our valued guest and your feedback is important to us. It is our constant endeavor to provide a consistently high quality of service to all our valued guest. I would request you to send us your contact details on our email address westin.gurgaon@westin.com so that we can speak to you in person. Rest assured, guest feedback is valuable to us as it helps us to continually improve the quality of our customer service. We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Have been a member of this hotel since 2011 - I think - but had not stayed over although we had used some of the other facilities of this hotel.
We stayed here at the beginning of July 2012 a nod were pleasantly surprised at the size and luxury of the rooms.
The spa was another blissful experience a nod the staff extremely professional and trained to the highest international standards
The pool was a delight to swim in.
The bar was not too inviting though the barman was fabulous.
The buffet spread both at breakfast and lunch is so soo extensive and fab.
The desserts are delicious.
We also enjoyed the experience at the Chinese restaurant. Great food, great staff.

Room Tip: .request for a pool facing room. Since we went as members we were given step motherly treatment- des...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear harishkg,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to note that you had a wonderful experience and the recreational facilities, the rooms, the buffet spread was to your great liking and satisfaction. Your compliments for our associates delights me and gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. The team takes great pride in the services they offer and your feedback inspires them to achieve greater heights of excellence! I would also like to inform you that recently “The Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi” is being awarded “2013 Certificate of excellence” by trip Advisor. Thank you for your support and encouragement. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for just 1 night but I felt like a prince. The service is brilliant. This young girl 'Kashneet' made my check in experience exceptional. Didnt get a chance to interact with others but everyone in the staff is ready to help and they remember you by your name which is the best part. The managers(can be spotted by diff uniform) are humble and it's a delight to meet such an enthu staff!

• Stayed: May 2013
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Steve65778,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time and posting a great review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your positive compliments for our associates in particular “Kashneet” have been shared with the team and I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services. At Westin we take pride in serving our guests in a personal, instinctive manner and provide them with memorable experiences. Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back and hope to be your preferred destination in Delhi (NCR).

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Thankfully there are quite a few good hotels in India, but this Westin is a Great one. My comparison group is the Oberoi, Tridents where I have usually preferred to stay in past. But I must say the Westin is exceptionally good. The brand should use this as the hotel its other properties should aspire to.

As one expects at this level; things work properly, hotel is new and comfortable, food and service all good-great.

But two things stand out for me:
- the rooms: the design is great and inviting. a more interesting layout than most hotels and the mostly white/light colors are very inviting, calming.
- the service: sure, any of the top Indian hotels have good service, but a little story...I had an early morning flight. It has been a long week and I (may) have had a few whiskeys with my friend. Somehow I thought I had asked for a wake up call (unusual for me) and therefore didn't set my phone alarm. As you have already guessed, I slept WAY too late and oddly woke up 1 hour before my flight a very unlikely chance to make it, but given flying to US, waiting for next flight would be big delay. I called downstairs and asked them to prep a car asap. Ran down few minutes later and car was ready. I think it was Gautam or perhaps Prabhat who had presence of mind to ask me which flight as I ran off.

Now in the car racing to the airport, the driver received a call and passed me the phone. Prabhat was calling to reconfirm my flight details and informed me my inbound aircraft was delayed (something I might have checked on a normal day) at least two hours and won't I like to come back for a nice breakfast? Relieved, overjoyed and thankful i returned to the hotel. That kind of service is great. The team that morning, Gautum, Prabhat and Shweta were really trying to figure out how to solve my problem, not just passively act. That is great service to me. Thanks again guys.

They've found a loyal customer in me, a quite picky customer as you can see from most of my reviews.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms (may) be a bit more quiet but other than the pool don't have much of a view. Cit...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lpdds,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to note that you had a wonderful experience and that you have taken fond memories of your stay with us. Your compliments for our associates in particular “Prabhat”, “Gautam” and “Shweta” delights me and gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. The team takes great pride in the services they offer and your feedback inspires them to achieve greater heights of excellence. The rooms are designed to provide a right environment for all business travelers, to carry out their business in the most efficient and convenient manner. Your feedback is very encouraging and motivating. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is one tough hotel to beat in Delhi. A true 5 star property no doubt! Front desk was very helpful in accommodating my request for a non-smoking room and were very informative about shopping and more around the hotel. You can take their private transport to the nearby malls and market.

I had a room on the 5th floor and it was huge! I love the contemporary and functional design. The signature westin heavenly bed is no joke. It is really the highlight of the room. In fact, you might ultimately be tempted to purchase the entire bed set after one night's rest. The bathroom boasts a rain shower, bathtub and toilet separated by partitions which was great. It is bright and sparkly clean at every corner of the room.

The breakfast is one of my favourite aspect. You get waffles with ice cream and even freshly cut mangoes. The staffs are very initiated to make your breakfast a memorable one.

What I enjoyed most was the session at the gym. Laxmikant is very passionate about helping guests not just at the gym but he also patiently taught me many exercises which I could do on my own anywhere. He is just great! I hope you all get to meet him when you head to the gym. A real gem indeed!

• Stayed: May 2013
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Natalietly,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about your experience at The Westin Gurgaon! The hotel is built in such a manner so as to provide a perfect residence both for business as well as leisure travelers with easy proximity to Delhi airport, the corporate hubs, the shopping malls, the Delhi Metro and is conducive in saving a lot of valuable time for our discerning travelers by avoiding the hustle and bustle of the city. I am also delighted to note that the Westin Signature “Heavenly Bed” and “Heavenly Bath” experience was to your great liking and satisfaction. Your positive feedback for our associates in particular “Laxmikant” has been shared with the team and I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services. Thank you for complimenting our buffet spread at our all day dining venue “Seasonal Tastes” and the “Westin Workout” facility. Your words perfectly define Westin experience which enables mental and physical wellness infused with optimism so that our guests leave every Westin experience feeling better than they did when they arrived. Thank you for recommending us and we eagerly await your return and hope to be your preferred destination in Delhi (NCR).

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This Westin is top notch. Club on the 7th floor is wonderful and very useful. Breakfast in the Club was excellent and the staff let nothing go for want.

Property is in very good condition ( one of the better kept Westin's I have been to)

Ate lunch in the cafe and was very good.

They do provide a airport pick up from the International Airport. For a lady or unsure traveller, I would recommend that.

I however, I went out to the taxi stand, asked the attendant how much to the Westin Gurgaon, he said 600 rupees and I was in the first taxi in line. about a 20 minute ride at midnight (no traffic)

If you have business on the south side of Delhi or in Gurgaon, stay here. you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear dsm1k,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time and effort that you spent in writing about your experience with us. Guest feedback is integral to our hotel and we are delighted that you found the hotel and its services to your satisfaction. We are pleased to note that your stay at our Club room was comfortable and our Executive Club Lounge facilities & services provided with a relaxing and renewing experience! We always ensure that we leave nothing to chance when it comes to making the stay comfortable for our guest. The team takes great pride in the service they offer and your feedback inspires them to create moments of delight for our guests. We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to The Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi and assure you of the best services and hospitality.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've been to Gurgaon several times for biz trip and I always stay in Westin Hotel.
Hotel itself is ver clean and luxurious. Staff are warm and kind. Restaurant is al great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TheWestin_Gurgaon, General Manager at Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear smartblue,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about your experience at The Westin Gurgaon.
Guest feedback is integral to our hotel and we are delighted to know that our facilities and service were to your great liking and satisfaction. We always pride in creating memorable moments for all our valued guests and your feedback makes us feel proud of our team. We thank you once again for your valuable feedback and eagerly await your return and hope to be your preferred destination in Delhi (NCR).

Sanjay Sharma

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Westin Sohna Resort and Spa
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
#1 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#11 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR
Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR
#5 of 237 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi? Share your experiences!