“Great Business Hoal”

Fortune Select Global
Ranked #63 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Dallas, TX
“Great Business Hoal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2007

The staff is very accommodating and respectful.

Stayed September 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2006

This was my first stay at the Fortune Global (3 days total). The hotel is located in a gated business park in a busy section of Gurgaon. Overall, I found the staff to be friendly, the hotel was clean, and the restaurant was nice. The staff at the front desk accomodated my early check-in with ease. I received conflicting reactions to my request for a late check-out, but it was resolved during my final evening in the hotel. The hotel decor was modern and the room was very comfortable (all pictures on the travel sites are accurate). The restaurant had good, reasonably priced food and the staff was very friendly and attentive. The club rooms include the breakfast buffet in the main restaurant. I used the travel desk for all of my car arrangements and did not find it too expensive. There is a minimum of 640 rupees for local drops (10 min) and the airport was 1230 rupees (30 min). The fitness room was also a nice surprise, with lots of cardio equipment, free weights, and a Nautilis machine. The room price was a little high at $270 (possibly due to the value of the dollar) but it was comparable to other hotels. I would stay again when in Gurgaon.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Tips/Secrets — All food in the restaurant is safe to eat
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank PhillyPhlier
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2006

Stayed twice this month for business at rate of $US270/night which is extremely high for this level of hotel. Rooms nice and relatively clean, but slippers are not new and look grotty - not for my feet!

Staff went through my luggage, which was locked in my room, twice on the first day. Nothing was taken. I complained to staff and they apologised and assured me it wouldn't happen again. I'm pretty sure it did.

Breakfast was included in room rate but was charged 55 rupee for a bottle of water whilst having breakfast (just ridiculous when you're paying $270US/night and the same water is free in the room).

Drink service in Orchid restaurant diabolically slow - 30 minutes for 2 x soft drinks and 1 x beer - only 10 other customers and 7 floor staff.

Taxi's not available (so they say). Forced to use hotel car which charges by the kilometre and then they drove us hours out of our way so they could charge us more, and didn't take us where we asked.

Was charged double for one Orchid charge on our final bill. Staff then proceeded to get out a calculator and tell me they had to charge me more (in cash) - after double checking the bill I realised this was false and they reluctantly (very reluctantly) gave the money back.

Constantly putting Customer Satisfaction Surveys under your nose, but after being ripped off twice whilst checking out, it's not very satisfying. Now they won't respond to my email of complaint.

• Liked — Relatively clean and helpful staff (until you have a problem).
  • Disliked — Being constantly ripped off and having staff go through my luggage repeatedly.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't ask for water at breakfast - you'll be charged.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank livingitlarge
Oslo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2006

Tiering that the hotel personel always tries to trick you in some way.

The hotel have its own taxi service which is overcharged.
If you to try order a taxi the hotel will say that the tax will arrive in two hours, and in the end you have to accept to take their service.

Another example is at breakfast they will ask if you would like coffee (which is part of the price for the breakfast). The next moment they ask if you want water. Ok. Then suddenly he comes with a bill to charge you for that water!

I would not advice this hotel.

Stayed November 2006
1 Thank pariso
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2006

The staff at this hotel ranges from the very courteous (room tidying, etc.) to the very annoying, particularly the staff at the bar, one of whom I found to act in an unscrupulous manner (ordering a Gin & Tonic I discovered I'd been charged for a double without asking for one - over $20 for a drink! After arguing for 5 minutes over their dubious tactics I ended up being charged for a single).

I found myself constantly being asked if I wanted a meal more expensive than the one I was ordering, an experience that became very tiring very quickly. The access to affordable transport, especially considering its remote location, was very poor - taxi services were avoided by the staff to great lengths to get guests to use their overpriced car service and then taxis were all 'hours away'.

I would not recommend this hotel to others, particularly in comparison to my considerably superior experiences at the Radisson in New Delhi where I moved to after this hotel.

• Liked — Some of the staff were OK.
  • Disliked — Location, transport options, travel advice, bar service, constant requests for feedback.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business