“Location is the best advantage”

Fortune Select Global
Ranked #62 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Goa, India
“Location is the best advantage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

It is a business hotel that is located on the M G Road, good for business travelers in Gurgaon next to Metro station and easily locatable. Breakfast spread is good and so are rooms. Their keys gave me a lot of problem and they provide internet connection only for few hours so every few hours you have to ask them for a new password.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors overlooking the metro line for a good view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Nicholas F, General Manager at Fortune Select Global, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Ms. Goyal,

Greetings from Fortune Select Global , Gurgaon

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Gurgaon

I have made a personal note of your feedback on the room key and the resultant inconvenience faced by you due to it's malfunction for necessary corrective action.

At Fortune Select Global, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Nicholas Fernandes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here the week of October 7 for business. I found the hotel quite nice with spacious rooms, decent amenities, free wi-fi and complementary breakfast. Hotel transfers are provided to airport and it is easy to get on short notice. The entire staff is superbly professional and courteous to guests. I really felt quite at home here and will definitely return as they made my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nicholas F, General Manager at Fortune Select Global, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Ms. Margaret,

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I would rate the hotel as average for the price it charges. The rooms are good and spacious the amenities it offers for that price are reasonable. The buffet was unreasonably priced at Rs 1100+, which I believe is very high for the spread. The choice of snacks in the mini bar was good was priced at double the MRP. While the hotel is decent but definitely priced on the higher side.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nicholas F, General Manager at Fortune Select Global, responded to this review, October 5, 2012

Greetings from Fortune Select Global, Gurgaon !

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice.

I have noted your observations for suitable corrective action.

At Fortune Select Global it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here twice on business for a number of days. The hotel and rooms in this hotel are fine, it is actually a pretty good property – but the service quality is pretty frustrating.

Staff are always smiling and pleasant, but things were rarely done right. Perfect example was when I asked to call a cab, and after being bounced to three people, was told that I had to phone my own. Anyone familiar with India knows you need a local mobile number to do this. I asked for the manager and finally got a lady who was a delight, solved the problem and continued to follow up after that - but she was the exception to the rule and should never had come to this.

Restaurant food is ordinary at best, the selection rarely changes – stayed there twice some three months apart and the espresso machine was always out of order, and the evening ‘entertainment’ can best be described as amateur karaoke. With an oversupply of staff for a buffet, this is where the poor service stood out, and to top it off, got awfully annoyed with being asked after EVERY meal to fill in a feedback form. A message to people who think this is a good idea – it is not. I don’t pay money to you and expect to do your staff assessments - if you want to work out what is wrong – then pay for professional mystery shopper/guest who will quickly tell you. Don’t annoy the paying guests twice a day.

My booking included free internet, but the passwords were only good for a few hours and you had to go to reception and get new ones. Not a big issue, but just unnecessary and having to traipse down to the lobby to get a new password a few times during the middle of the night only added to all the other frustrations.

Again – I will re-iterate, this is a pretty good property – perfectly fine to stay, rooms are good, clean and comfortable, gym is adequate, just needs to work on the basic hotel service standards.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Nicholas F, General Manager at Fortune Select Global, responded to this review, October 3, 2012

Greetings from Fortune Select Global, Gurgaon !

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not reflection of our normal services.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I would rate the Hotel between Average to Good, but somewhat overpriced for its amenities.
There is a certain lack of attention to detail and it shows up at various times - i was sharing a double room with a colleague and yet the room had only one set of slippers, one toothbrush, one robe etc, only one bed was turned down, only one bottle of water in the room, etc etc. clearly the housekeeping was expecting only one guest. thankfully, there were 2 towels in the bathroom! For a hotel charging 10K plus for a double sharing room, this is unpardonable.

The complimentary buffet breakfast was ok. The spread was not overwhelming but sufficient. Again, most of the the items i had for breakfast left much to desire - the bacon was not crisp but soggy, the hash browns were overdone and too hard on the top making it impossible to cut thru with knife without crumbling the entire piece, the omlette was not done well enough, the chicken sausages were raw (when you are serving bacon, why shy away from serving pork sausages or atleast providing an option in addition to chicken sausages?). strangely, there was a bread pudding available as well, which is a favourite of mine and it was surprisingly good! To be fair, i did not venture out to try the other indian dishes - parathas, idlis, vadas etc, neither the breads and pastries selection.

Must add - the shower had hardly any pressure and this is always a downer for me. Typically when one is travelling, one is tired and is looking forward to an invigorating hot shower and a listless shower does not help at all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nicholas F, General Manager at Fortune Select Global, responded to this review, September 23, 2012

Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are very nice and comfortable, the food is delicious and the staff goes way beyond expected to please guests. It is very well located, right next to a metro station. I definitely recommend it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nicholas F, Manager at Fortune Select Global, responded to this review, September 23, 2012

Jaipur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great location, lovely people and just there right in the heart of town ship. Go to Delhi or Gurgaon equi distance. Metro is added attraction. Great Breakfast.though there are other hotels but i prefer this location. the hotel has a ball room which was just right for our conference. easy to reach from airport. we could connect with our office in Gurgaon easily.

Room Tip: close to elevator
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nicholas F, Manager at Fortune Select Global, responded to this review, August 15, 2012

I am delighted to know of your recent experience at Fortune Select Global .

We value your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon.

Should you wish to share your experience with others through Trip Advisor.in, please
click here