“nice place to stay”

Park Plaza Hotel Gurgaon
Ranked #31 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
new delhi
“nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

i had a very nice experience staying in park. Full of comforts, nice staff and good food.
rooms are well cleaned and full of attraction.

Stayed June 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

Hotel Park Plaza is located in business city of Gurgaon. Though I was here only for 1 night, but I am sure other business travellers would love it for long stay also. In partnership with 'worldhotels' this hotel suited the purpose very well. Its not very large, but offers all amenities and has great staff, free parking, good food and quite nice rooms. However the views from rooms are not all that great, but who said Gurgaon is for leisure travelers. With construction going on nearby, the surroundings are dusty. Overall suited for business purpose, but avoidable for tourists

• Liked — Business sense
  • Disliked — views
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank indiavoyager
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

I stayed here for a full month. The staff got to know me and were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant had a very good breakfast buffet and the other on site restaurant was fabulous. I thought it was in a great location and only about a 5 minute car ride to most of the large offices and only about 10-15 to shopping malls.
I did think that the hotel was a little over-priced for this city but it was my first trip to India so I wasn't sure.

• Liked — Hotel cleanliness
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank MidwestLoveTravel
Warrington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2008

This is a nice hotel. The location is a bit remote for those wishing to visit Delhi but it fit for my purpose. The rooms are well furnished and virtually anything you ask for is provided. The breakfast is okay and room service is above average. They have the most amazing chocolate cake so make sure to leave room for desert. I was here a full week and experience no cold water, power cuts or other inconveniences... maybe I was just lucky!

In all a very good standard for business travellers.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank 69cath
Palo Alto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

I stayed at the Park Plaza for about a week. Overall, the hotel is comfortable, and there is an honest attempt to provide good service, but I frankly wasn't that impressed by this place. I will not book here again next time I need to come to Gurgaon.

I asked for a non-smoking room, and they gave me a smoking room. When I complained, they apologized and said they would fix it. Well, the way they fixed it was to have someone go in, take out the ashtrays, and give me back the same room. I was too tired to argue, as my flight had arrived at 2:30am.

The floor of the room is some type of laminate (like Pergo), so those allergic to carpets would find this a plus.

The towels are surprisingly low quality. They look nice and fluffy, but it turns out they don't really wick away moisture, as if they weren't really made of 100% cotton. I needed use at least two towels to dry off after the shower.

One afternoon I took a shower, and found there was no hot water. I had to take a tepid shower.

I called the front desk to ask for a plug adapter, and they said they would send one up. It never arrived. Later I grabbed one from the front desk myself.

The room service food is not very good. In my previous trip to India I had stayed at the Fortune Select, and the room service food there was excellent! But at the Park Plaza, the food was just passable. The fish and chips were horrible, the biriyani was so-so, and the tandoori chicken was tasty, but the portion was small.

The breakfast and lunch/dinner buffet has a crowd of waiters and busboys hanging around. Frankly, they are not that helpful, and get in the way. I mean, they try to be helpful, but there are so many of them trying to help that it's kind of annoying. For example, when I reached for a plate, someone would always jump in front of me to grab a plate first, and hand it to me. The food is okay, not great.

The coffee they serve is absolutely horrible. Literally the worst coffee I had in my life. Stick to drinking tea, or Nescafe if you must.

The AC at the gym was turned off, and I phoned the front desk asking them to turn it on. They said they would do it, but by the time I was done with my workout, the AC was still off.

The WiFi signal in my room was very low -- about 10-20% in my meter (in the red zone.) In some parts of the room I couldn't get a signal, so web surfing sitting in the bed was not an option. Internet was overpriced, but that's par for the course.

Frequent power breaks, but that's usual in India. Don't freak out if you happen to be in the elevator.

The hotel travel agent charges an absurdly expensive rate for a day trip to visit Agra (the Taj Mahal.) Call a tour agent directly for much better rates (they are listed in the Delhi guidebook and map in the room.)

Bottom line: nice try, but I won't be going back.

• Liked — Comfortable, good attempt at providing service.
  • Disliked — Towels suck -- come on guys, why pinch pennies on the towels?
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank GlobeTrekkie
Berrien Springs, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

I stayed at the Park Plaza for 1 week for business. The hotel is beautiful -- lots of marble in a modern/deco style. The rooms are comfortably sized and nicely decorated. The service is excellent here. After a day or so, most of the staff knew my name, my room number, and my likes and dislikes. The staff were incredibly attentive, sometimes to the point of being overattentive.

There are 2 restaurants on the property. The Kebab Factory has great food and a lot of it. Come hungry and be willing to try everything -- you won't be disappointed. The cafe, on the other hand, was underwhelming. Breakfast was ok, though the Indian dishes were much better than the continental fare. Dinner and room service (which came from the cafe menu) were fair -- acceptable, but nothing outstanding.

The biggest drawback of this hotel was the price. Room and taxes exceeded $500 USD per night. While this included breakfast and internet access, this was far more than I would normally be willing to pay for a place like this. I would expect to pay no more than $250 per night for a comparable hotel in the United States or Europe.

• Liked — Attentive service
  • Disliked — Cost
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank pitzel
SF
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2007

Very disappointing. Not in a good area, average food, very small hotel. I experienced noise & spotty electricity. Eventhough I had spent $1K for 3 nights a week before & was scheduled for an additional 4 nights, the hotel was very unaccomodating, difficult. when I encountered a problem and tried to reduce my stay by 1 night. Business travelers can do better!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business