“Worst Experience”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
Ranked #32 of 234 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
San Jose, California
“Worst Experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2006

Hi All,

I visited Hotel Lemon Tree restaurant citrus on the occasion of Karwachauth. We placed an order at 9:10 and nobody came back to us till 10:00, and at 10 they served Main course first instead of snacks...
we were so frustrated that we left the food as it is and when we tried to talk to Manager, he refused to talk to us....

This was my worst experience ...I will not recoomend anyone to visit this place.... The problem with these kind of restaurants is the cost cutting, they try to hire the staff at 2000 rs per month,,,,,,,

Stayed October 2006
2 Thank fatboysam81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Thai first
Herts, UK
Reviewed June 27, 2006

I stayed here last month during a business trip and after previous trips to Gurgaon (and not great hotels) I was a little anxious to see what the hotel would be like. I have to say that as soon as I walked through the door I breathed a sigh of relief!

The staff are very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and comfy and just enough space. I had a TV, some complimentary fruit & water and a small fridge stocked with soft drinks and a few snacks. The bathroom was also very clean and the shower worked well. It all has a rather new feel to it.

Unfortunalty there is no pool, it's now a grassy area in front of the hotel. The cafe was fine, I only had breakfast there so can't comment on the rest of the food. They don't have a license so you won't be able to get a beer there.

Security was also pretty good and the guard very helpful, to the extent that he asked my driver to reverse up to the hotel door so I didnt have to walk out on to the road!

I will certainly be staying here for my next trip

Stayed June 2006
4 Thank Herts,UK
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed April 25, 2006

The Lemon Tree Hotel in Udyog Vihar near the Delhi/ Gurgaon border was wonderfully clean, efficient and solicitous. I stayed there for 3 nights with colleagues, and they provided everything we required, down to a hotel car service around Gurgaon and into Delhi - he waited for us for several hours, then returned us safely to the hotel!

The Lemon theme pervades the colour scheme, smells and tastes; even the soap and complimentary potpourri are lemon scented. A fruit bowl was provided in the room, which was clean, comfortable, and comparable to a Holiday Inn. The air conditioned twin room had a sofa, desk and television table as well as the requisite space for baggage. There was broadband available in the room for Rs 25 / 30 min. The en suite facilities were stone surfaced and included a self lit shower cubicle. As for the bed, I have to say this was one of the most comfortable sleeps away from home I've had in a while!

I cannot say enough about how accommodating and friendly the staff were. They went out of their way, arranging everything we asked for on our business trip without any hesitation or queries. We used the business centre at the other Lemon Tree Hotel (City Centre, which was equally clean and helpful); the two hotels worked hard to make it easy for us, everything done efficiently and with a smile.

The Citrus Cafe is open 24/7 and provides decent food from Indian and Western menus. It provides the room service as well as the breakfast buffet. Chocoholics need to make this trip if only for the mud cake!

For Rs 4500 a night, this was the perfect oasis for a weary business traveller. As if to help lighten the load, every available space is covered with jokes, cartoons and thoughtful sayings - including the lifts!

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank LauraIngalls
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2005

Hi All, stayed here on a trip to Delhi early in Dec 05. It's a bit of peace and quiet in the middle of mayhem. Not bad from the airport, maybe 15 mins, hard to find so get the hotel guys to pick you up at the airport if you can.
Hotel is clean and pleasant and not like any of the other hotels of it's class that we ended up in during the same trip (ugh). OK it's not the Radisson or Sheraton but for the price it's nice to be in clean surroundings where you're not waiting for the next bug to crawl out from under the bed. High speed wired internet available in the rooms by the way and the breakfast is fine, was not adventurous but the basics were grand.
Would stay there again without any hesitation really. Ask the hotel for good directions if you are taking a taxi!

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business