“Not a Good Stay”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
Ranked #29 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Helsinki, Finland
“Not a Good Stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was traveling on business and got booked to the hotel by travel agency as there was no room in the hotel where I normally stay. I have to say that night was not the most pleasant hotel nights I have had. To start with, my taxi driver had big difficulties in finding the hotel as it is located on dark lane in what looks to be some sort of industrial area. The personnel in check-in were polite, though it took a while to get checked-in since the systems didn’t seem to work. When I got into the room I was a bit shocked. The room had been cleaned well as such, but the furniture was besides rugged also very worn. The sofa had spots of something all over it. The same applied to the bathroom, which was well cleaned as such, but so worn out that it didn’t really look like a place where you want to take a shower. The room was so noisy that I didn’t really manage to sleep at all. Outside there was some sort of generator keeping noise next to my window the whole night. At the same time I could clearly hear the television, phone calls, bathroom visits etc. of my neighbor rooms. The hotel was fairly cheap, but I still cannot recommend it, not at least if you want to have good nights sleep in the middle of a business trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Hotel upkeep: We are sorry your room/washroom experience was below your expectations. Our attempt at Lemon Tree is to ensure the hotel is fresh, crisp and clean and we have laid down our processes accordingly. We constantly monitor the wear and tear of our assets and are very prompt in addressing any maintenance issues. We have noted your comments and are re-looking at our processes.

•Sound level in the room: We are sorry that you could not enjoy a good night’s sleep because of some noise entering your room. At Lemon Tree it is our constant effort to give a guest great night’s sleep. We have taken up the issue with the concerned team to ensure no inconvenience is caused to our guests while they are sleeping.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.uv@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Rupesh Kumar
Hotel General Manager
Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Thai first
Kolkata
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Booked rooms directly from lemon tree website for Seven nights stay . Best part was free wifi and free breakfast . Cheerful staff . I am happy with service . At this price point I could not ask for more . Room was designed in a thoughtful manner to provide comfort in the given space . Major reason to book this hotel was to attend training program for seven days which was just 10 minute drive and was within my budget . Bathroom could have been made better by providing with a faucet and exhaust fan .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.uv@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best Regards,

Rupesh Kumar Singh
Hotel General Manager

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I visited this hotel in October and had a very comfortable stay here. Staff is really warm and helping. Food was really delicious. Hotel has a beautiful lobby. Location of the hotel makes is really preferable. Hotel rent is pretty reasonable as compare to the food and services you get here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Though the charges are high, my lemon tree stay experience was wonderful. I liked the hotel lobby and the restaurant and the complimentary break fast. Night I ordered indian style dal kichdi. It was awesome. Good place and lovely location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

My overall experience at this hotel was very good. I stayed for over a week and the biggest plus was their service. The team is courteous and efficient. Although the location of the hotel itself is average, its proximity to Cyber City worked for me since my office is located at CC. The hotel itself & rooms are clean and well maintained with modern amenities and quirky art all around. Food is average while the menu does seem to have a wide variety of items across cuisines. Wifi internet in the room is free for the first 60 mins and chargeable after, which is a downer but it is what it is. They have a small fitness room and free internet for guests in the business center.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Navi Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Was actually surprised by visitng this hotel for the first time. This is probably one of the oldest properties of Lemon Tree in India. The stay was comfortable, however there is a lot that needs to be done to better the quality and esthetics of the hotel.

Room Tip: make sure you ask at the reception only they know.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PreneetBhat
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Due to my last minute travel to Delhi i didnt room in my usual regular stay hotel. Since i had work in Gurgaon i though to try Lemon tree and called reception. My booking was immediately confirmed and i got a confirmation mail as well. They called up and confirmed about my flight details and arranged for airport pick up (Chargeable). On landing Delhi i got a call from Driver and he was on time and he took me to the hotel. I reached hotel around 22:30hrs and guess what every thing was kept ready and Reservation staff (Prateek) was quick. Food is ok but the prices are way too high for this hotel. Breakfast was gud. Staff took care of me very well. Liked the say.

Room : Clean , small - ok for a single person stay
Food : Costly - Tasty
Staff : There are 2 prateek in this hotel and both are super quick .

Over all i am happy with the stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business