“Good Service, but the place needs renovation”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
Ranked #29 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Bengaluru, India
“Good Service, but the place needs renovation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

When I reached the hotel, I didn't realize it because of a very simple facade. Everything seemed a little cramped & a lot of effort was put into making use of all space available - in the room & in the common areas. The furniture in the room was worn out & old, & thus it didn't give a very fresh feeling, which the Lemon Tree brand promise is built around. But, what was missing in the physical surrounding was made up by the service attitude, at the reception, by the room service attendants, & at breakfast in the morning. Even my request to move me to a non-smoking room was acted upon without any hesitation even though all the formalities with the originally assigned room were completed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon. We are happy to know you enjoyed the breakfast and appreciated the service levels of our warm and friendly staff.

We have noted your comments regarding the cleanliness and décor of rooms. We constantly monitor the wear and tear of our assets and are very prompt in addressing any maintenance issues. At Lemon Tree our attempt is to ensure the hotel is fresh, crisp and clean at all times. We continuously refurbish and freshen up our hotels across India, depending on the wear and tear at each hotel as well as the local weather. We assure you of a better experience on your future visits.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.uv@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon

14 cities. 24 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Thai first
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

It's funny how you see 4-5k as a budget rate in this time. However, when you want to make the worth of your 5k, you should choose the hotel wisely. The best part of Lemon tree is the citrus freshness all over the hotel and the Calvin and Hobbes in the Elevator. I didn't get out of the elevator for 15 min. Then comes the room, I fell asleep in a minute and woke up right when my alarm rang. I was so much in love with the hotel that instead of going out I called my friends to visit me at the hotel. The staff is definitely super helpful. Surprisingly a guy checked in with me who had booked his hotel from Tripadvisor. He told me he's been coming here for more than a year now.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite the elevator, it has a good view of the road.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Alright getting there is tough, please take a left after Trident property (that’s on the main road) then you will see their board and then go right.

Now the check in was great and the service provided during the 14 day stay was awesome, the front desk agents were always very friendly (both the Prateeks) and helped you with whatever you required with a smile.

Their restaurant called the citrus café was really good, I did love their breakfast as it was continental and if you like Conti stuff you will love your breakfast. Now coming to dinner, they have one Non Veg item however the staff is quick to let you know that you can order one extra Non Veg item (yippee).
The staff at the Café was really courteous and polite every time I went there.
Housekeeping … Now I did not meet the guy but he did a good job as every time I got back it was like entering a new room.

NOW the BAD.

Unfortunately they got my E mail wrong and now I have not got their reward PTS that I was to get, I have sent them 6-8 E mails to have it corrected but in vain. I don’t think I would go to their GOA property after all, as I don’t want to lose out on a good offer and the Rooms price is in completion with TAJ (yikes)

So go to this place enjoy your stay as the Staff is excellent, they also have specially abled employees which I personally think is a great initiative.
So Lemon Tree Property gets 5/5 however the back end guys where ever they are get -1/5 as they didn’t have the courtesy of even replying to 6-8 emails I sent to the different people, don’t want to mention their emails here but if request I just may do that 

Room Tip: Go for any room they are good..... they dont have a spa or swimming pool here hence the low rating.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon. We are delighted to know, you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. Each one in my team feels motivated after reading your review and thanks you for your kind words.

We sincerely regret not being able to promptly trace and respond, to your queries regarding your Lemon Tree Smiles- reward points. We have found the system error now. I understand the clarity has been communicated. We apologize for the delay caused and look forward to all your future visits with us.

When you do decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.uv@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I can now call myself a regular at this hotel. Have been staying here, a few nights, every month for over 8 months now and its great to see that the excellent service is a constant at this place. The staff go out of their way to take care of your needs and they are genuinely concerned that you have a good experience. Kudos to the chain management for empowering the hotel staff.

Mumbai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Tough to locate...in a bylane...ambience????what is that...
The restaurant runs 24X7 and serves one of the airlines (do u work for them? they ask everytime u order food- not sure why) Saving grace is the breakfast served.

Patna, Bihar, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I booked a flight+hotel combo from make my trip. So, the room in lemon tree was costing me nearly nil. However lured by the promise/description of "Tea/Coffee Maker,Electronic Safe,DVD Player,Satellite television,Wifi At A Charge, A full-sized work desk, with egronomically-designed executive chair, Bath Tub, Attached Bathroom" I paid little extra for a superior room.

The check in was smooth. However when I entered room, I was greeted by fag smell. To my utter shock, the room was so small that in one glance it started and ended..:D Also, no bath tub in sight..I reconfirmed from the hotel staff and they assured me it's superior room..I dared not image their standard room. I guess I would have died of claustrophobia in them.

Thankfully I didn't had to stay for long..Cursed myself and make my trip hotel description for this..
Probably ibis is a better option..and also market/mall/eateries are close by in Ibis.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nikitabankoti
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel is pretty close to the airport, so convenient to catch early flights. All the receptionist staff were friendly and amenable and organized a car to tour Delhi for a day. The car driver spoke little English and answered his phone and texted while drivng fast...probably the norm here in Delhi.The toilet in my room was broken (didn't flush at all); I reported it but the staff did nothing about mending it (two day stay). The food in the restaurant was reasonable, though I found some of the staff there mixed: some were very friendly, others not. They do their best to make the hotel 'fun' and have jokes all over the place - on the walls, on the placemats on the tables in the restaurants; unfortunately, I found many of the jokes sexist. I stayed here because the organization I work with had booked it; but I wouldn't stay here out of choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Cab driver: we apologize for the negligence of the cab driver who ferried you during your stay. Like all hotels in our segment, we too have outsourced our transport services to a local vendor. We have promptly re-briefed him to ensure all drivers follow road safety rules at all times and take adequate precaution while driving.

•Bathroom flush: we are sorry the flush in your bathroom did not function properly. We have re-briefed our housekeeping and maintenance teams to follow all standard procedures and ensure such issues are proactively spotted and addressed before a guest checks-in. Had we known the health faucet was faulty we would have promptly offered you a room change.

•Jokes and fun stuff: we have noted your observation about the jokes on the wall and the fun mats in our café. Our attempt is to bring the freshness and fun of the Lemon Tree brand to life through the use of humor. Our guests find this very refreshing and in fact site it as our unique selling proposition.

Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon

14 cities. 24 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.