“Great Business Hotel - with a fun light-hearted side”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon
Ranked #33 of 238 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed March 5, 2008

The Lemon Tree is a fun and entertaining place to stay when in Gurgaon on business. The hotel provides all of the services you would need and is a great alternative to some of the more expensive Five Star's in Gurgaon.

I especially like the restaurant and service. My stay lasted more than a week and I was able to build friendships with most of the staff. In short, it felt like home away from home.

I highly reccomend checking this out if you are planning to be working in Gurgaon.

1  Thank raygaul

Reviewed February 22, 2008

I had stayed in this hotel for a week and I would say the services provided from the hotel is excellence. Staffs are courteous and really make you feel like home. They have also shown willingness of accommodate to my request when possible. i.e. late checkout till 3pm which is really a great help for me.

The room size is average for a superior room but it is comfortable. No doubt the hotel is a little old but room is clean, bed is comfortable and everything else in the room is working properly.

Variety of food are available in the restaurant and the food tastes good too. I remember once I had told them I need more meat in my main order and automatically they served me on my following visits. I am pampered and have no complaint at all...just a happy dude..

In general, I am happy throughout my stays. I would stay in this hotel if I would return to this area again.

SYK

Reviewed February 21, 2008

Due to last minutes business trip I unable to booked any hotel in Gurgaon City due to "Wedding Month" in India until I find Lemontree Hotel. I try to booked City Centre branch but unsuccessful (fully booed), end up I manage to get a room at Udyog Vihar....

My first impression of the hotel when I step in is "Wow" - due to the hygience in most of the area. And I'm pretty impress, CLEAN and TIDY. You can saw some lemon tree too :). The check-in is pretty quick to and the reception team is very organise and polite, and when I was accompany to my room, it look cosy, everything you need for a stay is there, from Internet Access, TV, Coffee/Tea, hot shower, blower and many more. I'm happy with all the facilities available in the room. And you feel like home and it didnt give you any impression you are in INDIA. Seriously...

I love their cafe called Citrius, all the table arranging is in order, with alot of cartoon cut out on your table for your reading pleassure. The food is good too, there is plenty selection from the menu.

Well I like to thanks their Manager, Mr Saurav and their Reception Team for providing a good and a excellent services like 4-5 star hotel. Although there is some minor issue but there, they for and action accordingly.... Look forward to stay at your hotel again... as promised.

Cheers

Reviewed February 17, 2008

A very disappointing stay at this Lemon Tree. I arrived at 4am from London after a 15-hour flight delay. The hotel had been informed that rather than arriving at 1pm, I would be closer to 3 or 4am. When I arrived there was no room available for me, despite the telephone conversation explaining the situation before leaving London. I had to sit in their cafe until 5.30am when someone checked out so that the room could be quickly cleaned and made available for me.

The following evening when I returned from the office I was told that the room I had been allocated was needed for another customer and would I please pack my things up so that I can be moved to another room. I resisted strongly, given the hassle when I arrived, but when I returned to my room, after three phone calls in 10 minutes I agreed to move for the sake of peace.

My new room was a single-occupancy room at the front of the hotel, which was freezing cold, with a two-bar electric fire which I was not keen on leaving on overnight.

For the hassle on arrival, I was given a discount of 50% of the room rate for that night. I wasn't offered any compensation for having to move rooms subsequently.

Other aspects of the hotel were fine, but given there's nothing else in the neighborhood, it's a shame they couldn't find space for a bar. Room service was fine but despite arranging for my tray to be picked up an hour after delivery, it was still sitting outside my room 24 hours later after the day's housekeeping had been completed.

I'm prepared to accept given the other positive reviews on here that I had an unusually bad experience at this hotel, but the lack of a room for a delayed 4am arrival means I will not be returning to this or any other Lemon Tree.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
TarunSathyaLakhanpal, Hotel Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2008

Sir:

I am pained to read your comments.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you faced during your stay at the hotel.

I will like to assure you that what you unfortunately faced is not the norm.

May I request that you give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the city.

Should you acceded to my request, please e-mail me at vaibhav.mittal@lemontreehotels.com so that I can directly make your reservation.

With kind regards,

Vaibhav Mittal
Hotel Manager
Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar

Reviewed December 14, 2007

stayed here for three nights during this week.
first of all staff were excellent, restaurant is small but very good food and has the international options covered, pasta, fish n chips etc...

rooms were very clean
only complaint would be noise at night but if you work hard enough during the day you dont notice!!

Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank healy74
Reviewed December 7, 2007

A good budget hotel in Gurgaon. Room is really tiny but neat and clean. Over all experience is not bad.
No hot water in the sink. However the shower does run hot water.
Noisy at night due to the construction happening next door.
Breakfast is good and the staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank mehershirazi
Reviewed December 6, 2007

First off, props to any hotel that links to tripadvisor like the LemonTree. I know I paid too much, but December is the high season and I had to be in Gurgaon. Both Lemon Trees in Gurgaon have very helpful staffs. I'd stay at the other one though. Lots of noise from adjoining property that houses the Institute of People that Stay Up late and YELL. Where TF are my ear plugs? That said the room is clean, small,has good wi-fi. No bar in the hotel. Restaurant is unacceptional; don't know what's in the neighborhood. I rented a car from the hotel and the driver was an IDIOT. Dropped me at the wrong terminal at domestic airport and I had to rent a taxi to get to Kingfisher terminal.

• Stayed: December 2007