“Great Place to hang out casual yet comfy”
Review of Cafe Wanderlust

Cafe Wanderlust
Ranked #94 of 2,778 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Cuisines: Indian, International, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: First of its kind travel cafe in India, Cafe Wanderlust in Galleria Market, Gurgaon brings travel and food together like never before. Get transported to your favourite destination with its signature food.. Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner...Students, Adults or Kids...There is something for everyone at all times of the day! One of the very few places in Gurgaon that offers all day dining across categories.
Reviewed April 13, 2014

wanderlust cafe is ducked away on the backside of galleria market on 1st floor. Ambience is great lovely place to hangout with friends and family. Food was awesome the good part is that these people are not scared away from trying a complete regional and continental approach as far as food is concerned.
Quality and quantity both were just fine and taste is what they score on A perfect 10 for that.
In fact my small kid also enjoyed it.
I would just say keep it up guys your are doing a great job

1  Thank thevirtualeyes
There are newer reviews for Cafe Wanderlust

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The best way to sum up the experience at Wanderlust is - funky. The first thing that catches your eye is the decor. It is artsy and a heavy dose at that. From the travel books in the shelves to the mural depicting monuments, it is all quite the travel inspired experience. Even the ordering procedure, using a tablet, is quirky.

The service however is slow. Do not mistake this for a quick bite place, even if the menu card lists mostly snacks. The food however saves the day. Their crêpes are the best in town or perhaps the best in all of northern India. Thin, light and creamy. The vada pavs are fresh and flavourful. Their juices are similarly high quality. What I would avoid here are the rolls. The bread on the outside gets rubbery and tough to chew the moment it starts getting cooler.

The prices are reasonable, but I would not go as far as to call it good value. Go here if you are fond of chic cafe's and love to hang around for a long time while having good food.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The first thing you notice about the place is the character it's got.. It's a travel lovers den.. The comfy chairs, sofas and a hammock all contribute to the relaxed atmosphere..loads of travel related photos and books are available for reading.. The menu has a variety of snacks and all day breakfast options available..however, this is a vegetarian outlet and hence the Indian version of the English/American breakfast are available. The menu is provided on a cool tablet.. The service is however slow.. Go there for the ambience and the relaxed atmosphere with time on hand but not for a quick bite..

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This week's phenomenal culinary repertoire is as much a win on my part as it is the restaurant's. Not that I was responsible for the brilliant cooking but my trust in Zomato's reviewers did take me to a restaurant that can easily be called the "Hangout of the Year" - Cafe Wanderlust!

This wasn't my first time reviewing restaurants in Galleria in Gurgaon but if you don't know about Cafe Wanderlust, you would easily miss it. Which is why I want to take a moment to recommend it to you and as I've told so many foodies since I've come back from Cafe Wanderlust, "You just have to try it!"

Whenever I visit a cafe like Wanderlust, I just have to know what is behind a restaurant that is as uniquely quirky as this one. The owner and her husband love to travel and their love for travel is reflected in every corner of the restaurant. It is a completely chilled out place with with hammocks, floating swings, bean bags, rocking chairs and patio. It the kind of place couples would go for an elbows-on- the-table evening out.

There's lots to like about Wanderlust. It isn't a cavernous space but it is still quite decently spaced out. There is a giant projector screen where you can watch videos from all over the world including deep sea diving in Salt Pier in Bonaire, the bull run in Pamplona or even sky diving in Dubai. Sipping on a lovely cup of their "Adrak ki chai" you are temporarily teleported into those lovely travel destinations that you desire to visit. What goes beautifully with the chai is their fresh, soft and delectable "Apple nut cake" and "Sponge cake" that comes with fresh cream, kiwis and pomegranates. At first I did not really approve of the pomegranates on my cake but they complemented the moist cake beautifully.

The owner introduced me to her mother who is the "Head Chef" and handles everything in the kitchen and I am grateful that she did because I had to complement the person who had made these lovely and light "Matar kachoris with aloo ki subji". The kachoris came with a lovely tamarind chutney which went beautifully with the fluffy kachoris - an absolute winner.

The decor is quirky and eccentric and people who love to experiment with new restaurants and interesting tastes would adore Wanderlust. The room has been assembled rather than designed; the furniture is a curious mixture of patio and mismatched chairs, and other stuff that nobody else would imagine putting in their restaurant. There is a lot of seating on the floor, too many funky lamps, bookshelves with travel books, a lot of canvas art with acrylics and doodle boards. Which is fun. As are the staff. They are solicitous, relaxed, friendly and engaging; all those things it's hard to fake. So, I have to take a moment to mention the owner's resilience in picking out good waiting staff for her restaurant. Wanderlust sure looks like a comfortable place in which you can spend a nice evening out with friends or your partner. For me, it is the perfect place to unwind with a cup of coffee and a book.

Moving on the the menu - its a Samsung Tablet. Every person gets their individual samsung tablet on which they can pick what they like & move to the cart & checkout. They would know exactly how much they would be paying. It is perfect for a group of friends who usually split the tab at the end of their meals. Just like the restaurant, the menu is an interesting mix of dishes from all over the world. I love my sandwiches and I went for a low fat sandwich, which tasted really great. I would have loved if they could make my sandwich in brown or multigrain bread but what I ate wasn't half bad.

My fellow foodies particularly enjoyed the "Bombay Sandwich" and "Egg and Cheese Sandwich" that came with fries and ketchup. I love the perfect blend of potatoes, cheese and chutney in the Bombay Sandwich and the Egg sandwich was rather good too. The sandwiches went beautifully with the "Oreo Chocolate Shake" and the "Lassi" that came in lovely earthenware with sprinkled pistachios and almonds.

The portion sizes are really good and we were quite full after our meal. We finished with their crispy deep fried "Spanish Churros" that were quite nice, the accompanying chocolate sauce was nicer, though. I desperately want to say nice things about Wanderlust because such interesting places must definitely be given a try!

3  Thank ShivangiReviews
Reviewed September 5, 2013

As you walk in CW, what strikes you is a "pleasant" environment. Nice touch of a bamboo jhoola in the middle, hammock in the corner and just about enough seating that tells you that if its crowded, you will still get your meal in time. CW has clearly worked on the concept and not shoved in elbow hugging seating so thank god for that. The kitchen is quite small though adequate for the space and seating.

Last time I ordered on a Tablet was in New Zealand few years back and I was happy to see a good looking electronic menu. One did wonder if the food looked as good as the pictures. I shamelessly copied Yummraj's order when it came to ordering (or shall I say saved myself the trouble). So a quick snapshot:
Banarsi Kachori/Puri - 5/5 - I loved it (if I had got lassi with it, I would have headed for the hammock). Aaloo subzi was yum.
Litti Chokha - 4/5 - Nice, worth a try for those who haven't had it before.
Mushroom & Cheese Crepe - 3.5/5 - The filling was superb, however it felt like a Mushroom Cheese Dosa. I think that filling can be used to do wonders with other items (just a dip with fresh foccasia maybe)
Kolhapuri Chach - 4/5 - Nicely done, served in kullarh - cant go wrong with that
Virgin Mojito - 3/5 - Nice but short on lemon and the zing. It seemed more like sprite with mint. One Recco - Add Sprite along with the Catch Lemon flavored Soda (70:30 mix) with more fresh lemon and brown sugar. The zing will justify the price then.
Pancakes - 3.5/5 - Good, I may probably want to have a little tastier mix even with the add-ons of chocolate sauce, butter and cream. Also they should be stacked up.

I must complement Disha, the owner for taking personal interest in her guests and her food. I took the kids there and she got them a few samplers - chocolate brownie, sponge cake and a few others - all very good.

CW is a nice place for the family - kids will love to hang out, there is so much variety in food, no one is rushing you and the music is great. Its on the quieter side of Galleria (you may need help spotting it) and definitely 'distinct' from the Joints, Sakely's, Flip's, Delhi Heights in the vicinity.

Overall- the food DOES look like the pictures on the tablet (and tastes good) - so how 'bout that. Go check it out.

3  Thank mel-man-india