“Another Hyatt less than expected”

Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Ranked #9 of 234 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Goa, India
“Another Hyatt less than expected”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here with a friend whose secretary made all the arrangements. We had a lovely suite on the 16th floor (Top floor) Club Level with expansive views of all the construction going on in the area. It is a new hotel and they are still going through “glitches”. My friend had to wait 40-minutes to be picked up by the hotel's car at the domestic airport. For me, no issues, I had a driver and an assistant waiting for me with a sign upon exiting the baggage claim area. They are unable at this time to serve alcohol on the Club Level due to some licensing issues. The Jacuzzi tub took forever to fill. Some of the light switches were backwards and hard to find which one turned which light on/off. We had cocktails and appetizers in the lounge and a lovely Indian dinner. We ordered a spicy prawn appetizer that had a great flavor, but no spice at all to it. The restaurant has no ambience and the lights are blinding. The breakfast in the Club Level was under par with choices and slow service. It took my friend 20-minutes to get his eggs cooked, over easy, and they still did not come out right after sending them back twice. The food in the lobby restaurant was tasty and the wait staff was attentive. It took forever to check out. I would probably not stay in this hotel again, it's too far from the city and much too large and impersonal. And the room, lobby, lounge and restaurants were decorated a bit too gaudy for my taste. The staff were pleasant enough. There are many other good hotel options in Delhi.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyGurgaon1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your feedback.

I have noted your reviews and have guided our restaurant staff. Let me also update you now, we are in the process of opening our all day dining “Kitchen District”.
Thus, we will welcome you again and make sure you receive impeccable service.

Federico Mantoani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here for the second time in two months for 1 night, check in took 15 minutes, then the person changed his mind when a lady walked over to see what was taking so much of time. She then spent 5 minutes and changed my room.
I ordered some room service which was again so poor in quality that i had to request them to take it away. He made some amends and food was delivered which was all right. Asked the house keeping for additional teabags and spend which the person just refused saying that so many were not complimentary!??
Morning breakfast was things going from bad to worse. Ordered a cheese omelette which took 20 minutes to arrive and it was cold!. sent it back and asked for a masala omelette without onions, this took about 10-15 mins and came with onions.
I had just about had enough and decided to check out and rather have lunch elsewhere- phoned their hot dial number and requested them to prepare the bill and i would be at the reception in 20 mins
And lo, the bill was still unprepared, had to wait for 10 minutes till the guy punched in some things and phew checked out

I think some issues need to be addressed
(a) Management of staff at this hotel and adequate training
(b) Tell your staff to follow requests of guests, if they cannot do something they should pass it along their chain of command
© Smiling staff is always pleasing and welcome

I wanted to speak to their GM but was told that he was not available??

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dream77boy
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your critical feedback.
I have also noted your concerns regarding food and its services.Thus, have updated to our room division department and our culinary experts.

We at Hyatt Regency Gurgaon strive our excellent guest service thus, be rest assured and allow us to welcome you again for the third time at our hotel.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Did a two day business to Gurgaon and stayed here. I must tell you that you wont have reasons to complain. Right from the swift check-in to the lavish and well done rooms, you get many reasons to admire the place. The staff is courteous and prompt. The only glitch i experience was the delay in getting the luggage moved from room to the reception at the time of checkout. But the goods over do the minor glitch

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your positive comments. It gives us motivation and the courage to achieve new standards of hospitality.
At Hyatt Regency Gurgaon,we look forward to welcome you with our new spa – "Shvasa".

New Delhi
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We (Ibibo Group) had our annual day / talent show party at the Hyatt Regency on 12th December and the company had booked of its bigger halls and around 15-20 rooms for outstation employees.

The first issue is the access - it is located at the other end of Gurgaon, on the Delhi-Jaipur highway, after the Kheri toll plaza. To give you an indication, it is 27km from T3 IGI airport or 15km from M.G Road, Gurgaon. What is the worse is the messy Kheri toll plaza and the near impossible right turn that leads to the hotel (the NH8 needs to be crossed)

That said, once you enter the property, you are amazed with its size. The porch is beautiful too (has twin porch concept) and the staff is nice. Inspite of two bus loads of us, they were patient enough and catered to the needs of all.

Food is surely average and needs improvement. Infact, even during the show, when snacks were being served, our side of the hall somehow kept getting only the mutton dishes (reshmi kabab) - paneer came a few times and that's about it.

Dinner too was average in terms of taste and the chocolate cake (or what ever dish it was) got finished immediately and wasnt replaced for a good 15-20 minutes. Being a Delhite, I didnt stay at the hotel but did go up to the room of my Pune colleague. Rooms were nice, typical of what you expect from a Hyatt - no issues there.

So, the only grouse I see is the approach to the hotel. If you are visiting Delhi NCR to be in Gurgaon, there are ample 5 star properties "inside" Gurgaon itself. This one on the other hand can be a boon for those who have work in Manesar ;)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for evaluating our product and its services. Let me explain that we are conveniently located in between Gurgaon city and industrial township Manesar.As I write to you, I have communicated to my culinary experts about the food and its taste.

To witness our impeccable hospitality, do allow us to welcome you again.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed December 13, 2013

On arrival the hotel looks massive in size, with the driveway and lawn! Passing through security you come to the lobby, a nice marbled area with some fancy seating. Check in was quick (landed at 12am), but the lady at the desk was sort of rude when she told me "SHOW ME THE VISA PAGE" with no 'Please or Thank you' because she couldn't find it herself.

The room was luxurious and modern! LED table lamp, 40" LED TV, nice comfy bed, Modernish wood panellings etc.. The bathroom was grander with white and grey marble. They need to address the waste water problem in the shower area because it goes all over the bathroom floor.

Breakfast was in a lounge and not a proper restaurant per se. The spread not so much, and the hot meals were taken by the waiters with no action stations etc..

Surroundings of the hotel is constructions, traffic, dust and horn blarring! There is nothing to walk to around the premises. You need to book a car to move along anywhere!

Overall its a decent business hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your encouraging reviews. It brings a smile on our face. We are on our way to complete a year.Thus, things have changed and we are in the process of opening our new all day dining “Kitchen District” while our spa – Shvasa is open.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

jaipur
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I Trusted hyatt brand and booked ro at the hotel although location is far from gurgaon but then also prefered to stay here , The hotel seems to be classy from outside , There is one to welcome at the hotel , The checkin was very slow , The room was good with all modern fittings huge washroom , The luggage took 50 mins to reach my room after 3 reminders , The guest service associate rarely picks up rhe phones , I ordered for team and food wherein tea came not even warm with tawa rotis were in bad shape , I wanted carto hire hotel car got connected to concierge after 10 calls wherein was suppose to revert to me after 10 mins but call never came , I understand thst hotel was very busy with huge groups but that does not mean that service should be compromised , The team is inefficient with no knowledge , I planned to checkout same day called up the guest services for luggage assistance but agaib no one came , I took the luggage myself , I went to front office to settle my bills wherein lady never asked the reason of departing early inspite of my telling her that was not happy with the services , I am hyatt gold passport member then also services are bad , This hotel is just a budget hotel with not even close to a five star hotel services , It offers low prices comparative ly to other hotels in gurgaon but still not value for money wherein there are much better hotels nearby

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank taruny
Dear Guest,

It is unfortunate for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I have communicated your critical feedback to our room division department.

Also, we are located in the suburbs of Gurgaon, keeping the corporate and leisure markets in consideration.

I would request you to please allow us to welcome you again.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I was invited to the Hyatt regency for a 10 th anniversary celebration where we were around 20 couples staying overnight on the 8th of December and this is how it all went.

Never did I know that such a fab property had opened right on the NH8 at the manesar toll plaza it is fabulous location just away from all the hustle of gurgaon but still accessible within a few minutes .

The check in was a breeze as the check in staff had all the room keys ready and we just had to flash our id and there it was check in done equal points to the bell desk for swift transfer of luggage to our respective rooms.
Something about the hotel

The lobby first : A Grand lobby with a beautiful lounge cum bar right in the centre with very modern violet themed furniture giving a very chic look, they have a very huge collection of malts and the bartender knew how to mix his drinks perfectly , lots of seating space in case this 400 room plus property gets busy so all in all first thumbs up for the first impression.

We were allotted our room on the 7th floor, 707 to be precise and it was beautiful,spacious very well appointed modern room with huge window overlooking the landscape and the highway, the bathrooms were huge with a nice shower area and a separate oversized bath tub.thumbs up for the room too.

Coming to the Gala event of the evening, the cocktail dinner, special mention to Mr Supreet Roy for making this an occasion we would all remember forever. The best, let me emphasize THE BEST looking banquet that I have ever seen in Delhi NCR, it's massive, we had requested for only about 20 percent of the entire space but even that was huge.
The chef and the bartenders took utmost care to fulfill every need of every person even serving piping hot indian breads at 3 in the morning with a smile the executive chef making regular rounds inside the hall just to ensure all was going well . Also special mention for Mr Nishant who made sure we had a great party.

The brunch organized the following morning at the regency club on the 15 floor was superb the club itself is spacious and very well made.

It was now time to check out and i was surprised to see the GM of the property taking rounds of the lobby and talking to as many guests as he could including me for any suggestions or complaints that I could have but I just had compliments , to sum it all up thumbs up all the way

Definitely coming back Cheers!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank porusarora
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your appreciation. It always feels wonderful to know that our guest had a satisfied stay with us.Your appreciation motivates our employees to achive new heights of hospitality.

Let me welcome you again.