“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Gurgaon

Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Ranked #10 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Finally a hotel has arrived which makes life easier for people who works in Manesar especailly..When we thought of finding a nice place to eat , usaully we we ended up at other hotels of gurgaon.
But this time, it was a dinner at Awadhi cuisine restaurant named Lavana where kebabs were melting in mouth and service is impeccable, great staff, great hospitality, a fresh approach has been taken up by Hyatt here.
I would love to come at this hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegencyGurgaon1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your encouraging and positive feedback. Your comments are a source of motivation which allow us to achieve even higher standards of impeccable service.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm Regards,

Federico Mantoani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was the 3rd paid guest to check into the new Hyatt GURGAON.

Hotel soft opened on May 22, 2013. I checked in on May 24, 2013 for a 1 night stay.

The Property will have 450+ rooms when fully open. This is a beautiful property located in a new office development area on the south end of Gurgaon.

Upon exit from my vehicle, I was greeted by a Guest Service Executive (actually the Asst Rooms Manager). Escorted directly from the car thru the security station directly to my room. They already had my Passport info (this data must be shared between properties). While we went to Room 639, the host explained to me that the property had recently opened and I was their first Hyatt Diamond guest. I thought that was a big deal until I later found out that there had only been two (2) other guest check in.

ROOM:
Arrived at Room 639, currently the property only has 220 rooms finished. It appears that layout of the building provides for 1 Suite on each of the 14 room floors. Room 639 was a very nice appointed suite. Has a very large master bath with big bowl type Tub in the middle. Large Shower, separate WC and a very large walk in closet with all the expected storage cubicles, safe, etc. Bath room amenities are typical of most Hyatt properties, except for the shaving kit. In the Kit was a 50ml can of Shaving Cream. That was most appreciated. And needless to say, I was the first ever guest in room 639.

Bedroom was very spacious, room enough for a nice couch.

Technology; Large TV in living area and well as in Bedroom. Also a large TV in the master bath (probably 25" in size.)

Upon arrival, there was a very nice fruit tray as well as a large box of chocolates.

The upgrade to this suite was not without any effort on my part. And I appreciate that greatly.

Dining:
The Property will eventually have 2 bars, 2 full service restaurants & 1 cafe. Currently on the cafe, bar and the fine Indian restaurant is open. This very nice and somewhat formal restaurant has a northern Indian theme based upon the cuisine of Uttar Pradesh. lots of Kebabs and the such. The menu looked wonderful.

SPA Facilities:
Not open yet, but the work out area is open and has all state of the art latest machines. There were 6 treadmills and about 8 more machines (bikes, elliptical, stairs). There is a personal trainer staffed from 7am on. The facility is 24hours and is accessed via room key.

Pool:
Very nice and I took advantage of as the air temperature was 46C or about 114F. They will serve you the bar menu at the poolside currently. Not sure about the future plans for food service at the pool. I do speculate that I was the first guest to use the pool facilities.

Regency Club:
Located on the 15th floor (or 16). Currently only open at breakfast. It is one of the finest clubs I have ever been inside. The food on display was better than normally seen in a Regency Club. Much better than Hyatt Regency Mumbai, Hyatt Regency Pune or Grand Hyatt Goa - to compare versus other India properties.

Airport Transfer:
The front desk arranged for a transfer back to DEL. I departed the hotel at 10pm. There is quite a bit of traffic at night in Delhi(mostly trucks). It takes about 40 minutes to transit to the Ghandi International Airport at that time of night. For comparison, on my arrival, it took about 25 minutes from Airport to Hotel.

Staff:
I cannot say enough. They are all so excited to have their property open. They have been training for a long time and to see guests is very exciting for them. Everywhere I went on the property they all new my name and would come to inquire as to whether my stay was going well. It was a bit embarrassing to get so much attention. I had a chance to meet the GM. I was taking pictures to post here(when I have that ability) and a young finely dressed gentlemen approached me and thanked me for staying at the hotel. He then introduced himself and we had a very long chat.

These are some of my random thoughts. I travel thru Delhi multiple times per month. In the past I normally choose Delhi Hyatt or Westin. I am confident that despite the extra distance, I will make this my regular home while in Delhi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank 65N20w
HyattRegencyGurgaon1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We really appreciated the time taken to share details of your experience at our newly opened hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Warm regards,