“No salt :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Ranked #1,412 of 2,706 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Cuisines: American, Bar, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“No salt :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was gifted a voucher from Zomato so I decided to visit TGI Friday's this week. I was very hopeful of the place because who does love rich mexican food in gigantic portions!

Well, it turns out that if the food doesn't taste nice and if the portion size is big, the food becomes impossible to finish and similar was my situation at TGIF.

When we reached we wanted to sit upstairs but we were told that that section was closed so we had to sit downstairs but then a server came to us a minute later, well, we had just taken a sip of our drinks, and he told us that the upstairs section is now open. Well, anyway, we did not want to move so we decided to stay put.

There were people all over the play enjoying IPL and we started with drinks, whiskey, rum, beers, etc., everything fine but then our starter arrived. It was huge. I mean it could easily have fed a heard of cows.

The Spicy Chicken nachos, well, they tasted rather soggy but the spicy chicken was quite flavoursome. On the whole, other than the chicken nothing worked for us because of the sogginess.

The Pepper Chicken was quite hard to eat and there was too much fat on it. It wasn't fresh either, it would have made a nice main course if it was made with fresh chicken. The fries were beautifully done were the best part of my meal. The peppers were really bland as were the onions.

The Seafood Chicken Rice looked very appetising but tasted very bad because it just lacked salt. The prawns were quite nice but the sausage slices were only okay. Overall, a very disappointing dish.

The service was quite fast and other than the slight problem in the beginning I cannot say that I was disappointed with the service at all. Will I visit TGIF again? Absolutely not because since they have changed to a new menu, the food quality has gone down drastically and even with the voucher, the amount of money I paid at TGIF was money down the drain.

PS: I have attached some pictures and the food does look appetising but just imagine it without any salt!

Visited April 2014

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Convenient, Predictable, Tardy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

10 year old nephew visiting from out-of-town insisted we go there as he has fond memories of this TGIF as a kid - they'd offer him a balloon and crayons. He also remembered the large portions!
While the waiters are young and energetic, the enthusiasm and skill is missing.
The Green Apple Slush and Orange Blast were.....predictable.
The signature '3 for All' was ...predictable.
The Nachos from the new Happy Hour Snack menu was a pleasant surprise - whole (not broken), large nachos layered with a bean dip, salsa, grated cheese, shredded greens, and topped with sour-cream was good fun!
Veg chimichangas have changed - low on molten cheese, perhaps on popular demand...of the CFO :-)
Cottage Cheese Enchiladas - the tortillas looked pale....uncooked to the North Indian sensibilities, and the amount of rice was overwhelming! Took away from the visual impact of cheese strips on a bed of sizzling veggies...c'mon! tex mex, that too in India, can do with more flavour! Mercifully, as if the waiter was reading our thoughts,Tabasco was brought on the table within minutes of serving the main course.
While the removal of used plates and cutlery was prompt, presentment of the bill took long and a tell-tale sms from Amex revealed that someone at the register was not trained in using the new Chip 'n PIN cards.
Kids loved their fried chicken, chicken wings, and grilled chicken - they're less discerning :-)

• Visited April 2014
“Below expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Went to TGIF Gurgaon as had heard quite a lot about the brand. But the experience was definitely below average. While they had very good menu options in terms of drinks and the drinks were very good, but the service isn't so great and neither is the food. Ordered a couple of food items but the food was definitely below expectations. The ambience is fine but they can definitely do better on the music front. Also, found TGIF to be way too expensive to the services they offer. Wouldn't really recommend going here. Go only if you're out of options.

• Visited March 2014
new delhi
“Quite ok..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Since I visit the MGF mall frequently , I have tried TGIF few times. It is usually gushing with people during the evenings and weekends.. The food is pretty ok but it is on the expensive side..
I liked the quesedillas , fajitas and chicken wings.

• Visited November 2013
“Best Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Hey there. Just wanted to tell that TGI Fridays's is my most favorite restaurant. The cost for two can range anywhere between 1200 to 2000 (without drinks) but even if you don't like to spend much then like me, you can order the 2 course meal for just 249+taxes which will come out to Rs. 329/-per person. The best part is you get unlimited refills of Lemonade in this meal. It is great place to have American Food with an unmatched ambiance. The best on the menu: Spicy Chicken Wings, Quesidillas, and Cottage Cheese Choupatoulis. And please dont forget to enroll for this wonderful free of cost membership plan which will give you 50% discount on your birthdays and anniversary and other delightful offers.

• Visited October 2013