Taj City Centre Gurugram
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi(Gurugram (Gurgaon))
$136
OYO 9298 Hotel Sands Inn(Gurugram (Gurgaon))(Great Value!)
$42
$55
Siris 18(Gurugram (Gurgaon))(Great Value!)
$32
Haut Monde by PI Hotels(Gurugram (Gurgaon))
$63
Crowne Plaza Hotel Gurgaon(Gurugram (Gurgaon))
$102
$87
CrownePlaza.com
Fortune Select Excalibur(Gurugram (Gurgaon))
$85
$72
$54
$45
Agoda.com
Park Plaza Hotel Gurgaon(Gurugram (Gurgaon))
$109
$99
Agoda.com
Hotel Viva Destination(Gurugram (Gurgaon))(Great Value!)
$27
$26
Agoda.com
All reviewsthai restaurantjiva spatease barbusiness tripbusiness hotelcoffee shopmetro stationexcellent serviceexcellent hotelin room diningbreakfast spreadexcellent stayduty managergreat hospitalityroom servicespecial thanksrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Jiva Spa is a signature Spa across all Taj properties. Their therapies, products, therapists, ambience and attitude is just world class.
Sadly, same cannot be said about Jiva Spa at Taj Vivanta Gurgaon.
Booked myself into a Jiva Signature facial for 90 minutes.
Ambience: Lovely, peaceful, welcome drink is great, everything is neat and clean, prim and proper.. So far so good.
The Therapy: Worst I have taken in my life. The therapist was new (she confirmed that to me and apologized)and hence didn't use half of the equipment for which I had paid. Through out the treatment, she seemed confused. I could sense that because their were pauses in between which were just awkward. It seemed to me that she was trying to remember what's the next step. When I confronted the reception staff, I was told she's an expert. Plain white lie I guess.
No personal offense but when you pay through your nose, you expect nothing but the best.
Only saving grace: Staff at reception otherwise is excellent: cordial, polite and attentive. Also, I got a discount due to my Taj Membership.
Will I go again: Had made plans for 4 of us this sunday but cancelled already.
They really need to pull up their socks else they will fizzle out amongst the 500 other spas in Gurgaon.
Bad experience overall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank gary25
Ajit P, General Manager at Taj City Centre Gurugram, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the very disappointing experience you had at Jiva Spa. My colleagues who spoke with you have also apprised me of the detailed nature of your comments.

I am indeed disappointed to note that the Spa experience didn't match up to your expectations of the legendary Taj service one is accustomed to. Your feedback has been personally addressed by me with the spa team, to ensure corrective action is taken.

I wish to thank you for having since returned to Jiva Spa at Vivanta By Taj, Gurgaon, and for giving us the opportunity to have you experience the quintessential JIva experience that has won us so many domestic and global accolades over the years.

The spa team and I do hope that we were able to undo the unfortunate experience you had on your earlier visit, and have since succeeded in reinforcing your faith and belief in our spa experiences and services once again.

We would love to receive your feedback on your latest Jiva Spa experience and to have you share your valuable observations with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Whilst the room quality was excellent, which you would expect with any new hotel, the service quality was disappointing. As its still early days, I would give the benefit of doubt to the staff, but they clearly seemed under-trained. For me the upsetting part was no buffet dinner being served. In ala-carte they were barely able explain the dishes to us (we were four of us) and to top it there were spate of wrong dinner items being delivered on our table and the whole experience was kind of chaotic. Its ironic though, that the staff was still courteous, but its was not Taj like. The breakfast spread was also strictly ok, no big shake. Goofs up with orders there as well.
All in all an average experience - completely inconsistent with the other Taj Hotels....

1  Thank 1vinodsharma1

Dear Guest,

This is apropos your feedback regarding your stay at Vivanta By Taj, Gurgaon and your meal experiences at Latitude, the All Day Diner.

I thank you for your time to intimate us about your thoughts regarding the hotel and the services in the restaurant.

I am indeed disappointed to note that you were dissatisfied with your dining experience at Latitude. I have made good note of your comments and your feedback has been personally addressed with the restaurant team and the personnel concerned, to ensure corrective action is taken and that the same does not recur.

At Latitude, we have recently enhanced our breakfast buffet, and continue to do so, even as I send this to you. I have no doubt you shall experience a far better International and Indian buffet spread when you visit the Hotel next.

As for dinner, while I regret that you found the dinner buffet absent, this is because we intend to have our guests - both resident and non-resident - experience the best in international cuisine using the freshest produce and finest cooking techniques, from our eclectically designed a la carte menu.

I dop hope you will return to experience the F&B at the hotel, and we shall continue to look forward to your pertinent feedback that can help us continuously improve.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Gurgaon, at Vivanta by Taj, when you visit next and assure you of our utmost and careful attention to all your needs. We have also updated your stated feedback in our records for future references.

In the interim, please feel free to contact me for any assistance or requirement you may have.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This property has opened a month back and I guess it is one of the best properties to stay if you are traveling on business to Gurgaon. Nicely done rooms, good buffet spread thru the day, courteous staff.

very competitively priced room rates.

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your time to intimate us about your positive experiences at the hotel and have conveyed your kind words of appreciation to the hotel team.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Gurgaon, at Vivanta by Taj, when you visit next.

In the interim, I certainly do hope that you will recommend this hotel to your friends, relatives and colleagues who wish to visit Gurgaon in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Whilst the rooms are good the rest of the experience of staying here was disappointing. I suspect that this is due to the fact that the hotel only opened a month or so ago but there were very few guests visible and the services were disappointing. The Thai restaurant opened on the second night of our stay - we tried this because I wasn't very impressed with the Latitude Restaurant. Similarly, the Thai Pavilion was also disappointing.

The swimming pool wasn't open and just as well because it looked very murky. Not sure what is going on with that.

And the only bar in the hotel insists on blaring out music that would be more suited to a night club not that of a bar where I think most people would come to chat. We were the only ones in the bar on both nights so when we asked them to turn it down we were accommodated.

Breakfast was generally of a low standard and slow. Again, I think because there were so few guests here they didn't put too much food out.

I have stayed in a number of Taj hotels and they have been consistently better than this. Let's hope The Taj in Gurgaon improves with time.

On a more positive note it is conveniently located for the Metro being a 5-10 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers overlook the Metro so odd numbered rooms are likely to be quieter. Then again there's not much quiet about Gurgaon.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Ajit P, General Manager at Taj City Centre Gurugram, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Guest

I am indeed disappointed to note your dissatisfaction with several services of the hotel. I have made good note of your comments and have personally addressed them to ensure that corrective action is taken so that they do not recur and I am sure you will notice a significant improvement to the hotel and even more immaculate attention, when you visit next.

Just so you may be aware, the Swimming Pool at the hotel is now open and completely operational. So also, we have commenced a full-fledged breakfast buffet and lunch buffet at Latitude, besides the world cuisine a la carte menu, which is available round-the-clock.

Thai Pavilion is our iconic, award-winning restaurant brand, and it had 'soft-opened' barely a day before you dined there. Thank you for the feedback, and your comments have been seriously taken note of.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Gurgaon, at Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, when you visit next, and assure you of our utmost and careful attention to all your needs.

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

It's still only a few weeks since this hotel opened so there are finishing touches being made that I'm told will be complete shortly
The architecture is modern and rooms are very well appointed - I particularly like the electric blinds in the bathroom!
But it's the staff that make a hotel and whilst they are yet to get into a rhythm I would say they're some of the nicest and most keen to please that I've experienced in the whole of Delhi
Road Transport is a big problem in this area, particularly if you want to access central Delhi but this hotel is right next to Huda City metro station (at the end if the yellow line) which means for a meagre sum (about 50c US) you can take a clean and efficient train into town.
At time of writing the place is new - they will get it right and when it starts filling up I'm sure the staff are more than a match for the challenges ahead
Incidentally a previous reviewer was keen to point out a couple if other hotels by another chain nearby - I've stayed in both Oberoi offerings and would come back here every time - this is better, less pretentious and far far better value than those two

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

This is apropos your feedback regarding your stay at Vivanta by Taj - Gurgaon, NCR. I have also received your other feedback, which you have directed personally to me.

I thank you for your time to intimate us about your positive experiences at the hotel and have conveyed your kind words of appreciation to the personnel concerned. I am particularly grateful for your remarks with regards to the warmth and efforts displayed by the hotel team to you.

I would also like to have you know that the Swimming Pool is now open and completely operational. My offer for the spa, as intimated to you in my written correspondence, also still remains open to you. When you visit next, I shall be delighted for you to experience the Jiva Spa, which remains our very own internationally-renowned award-winning spa brand.

I shall look forward to personally welcoming you back to your home in Gurgaon, at Vivanta by Taj, when you visit next.

In the interim, I certainly do hope that you will recommend this hotel to your friends and colleagues who wish to visit Gurgaon.