“Great Place”

Citrus Hotel Gurgaon Central
Ranked #44 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Rajahmundry, India
“Great Place”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel. Very good location with easy access to Metro being just 0.5 KM from this hotel and this hotel is close to city centre and business areas as well. Rooms are clean, spacious and has good ambiance. Staff is courteous and buffet breakfast was very good which is complimentary. Ordering food for lunch and dinner seemed to be a bit expensive but quality was good. One thing I observed is that the Hotel room booking appears to be cheaper through online booking websites than booking with the hotel itself. Overall its a nice place to stay for anyone whether they are on Business or with Friends and Family. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Debajyoti S, General Manager at Citrus Hotel Gurgaon Central, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Sriinthetrip,

We appreciate your feedback and will certainly work towards the areas that you mentioned. However, I would like to let you know that while devising the food pricing we have very carefully studied the competition hotels and done a fair pricing. Regarding the online booking price we will certainly brief our front desk team and share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Debajyoti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The location of the Citrus Gurgaon is good - its not far from the centre of Gurgaon and readily accessible. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and spacious. Great view from some rooms.

My only two complaints concerned the room I was specifically in and the sub-optimal service attitude. I was put in a corner room which had a *VERY* noisy AC system. This is winter of course so the compressor was not on but the fan was very noisy.

I ignored this for most of the day but at night I needed to have this examined. So, I requested room service to have a look at it and they did not come. I made the request at 11 pm and promised someone would come and I waited a bit. I tend to be a little forgiving in this case because it was very late of course, but they should have at least tried to come or address the issue.

THe following morning I complained about it at checkout and the response was that technically the corner rooms have a 1 tonne AC (probably the compressor is in that location) so they can't do anything about it. This is not the way to address a customer, at least the timing is not the best - try to find out the need and meet it - that's my view.

On the whole the place is good, the staff try to make you happy and take care of your needs.

Room Tip: Avoid the corner rooms and ask for a room change immediately if you have any issues.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was my second visit to this hotel .
This place is ideally located very near from city centre. The staff is very friendly and service is good. The rooms are spacious. Rooms are very reasonably priced.

I would love to stay here again .

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank gavaksh
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great food, nice location and very courteous staff. These are what define this hotel. I have stayed here for the fourth time now and do not look for any other place. The rooms are larger than even Trident where I stayed for a week.

Every amenity that you need is available and you can get any thing like medicines (or drinks) even late in the evening. The one thing that attracts me most is the fact that once you mention what your likes and dislikes are, they remember through out your stay.

The rooms are always clean, all appliances work without having to call folks. For people like me who want minimal interference during the day this place is god sent.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Rooms here are spacious. Food is also very good. Staff is also very cooperative. Close to airport and metro station. Good for small parties and functions as there is well maintained lawn in the property. Ample space for parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Good location. Easy convenience as HUDA Metro station is near its vicinity. Ambience of hotel is good. However non availability of Hard Drinks is a big letdown particularly if you have a corporate party. Food is OK.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I changed from a very nice hotel in central Gurgaon for this one on the weekend so I could relax by the pool. When I checked in later Friday night, the baggage boy took me up to a room, and let me in to one that was clearly currently occupied - there were clothes and bags in the wardrobe and one the chairs. Nonetheless he left me in the room, but returned 10 minutes later with another key and another room.

You can imagine my dissappointment on Saturday morning when I went up to check out the pool only to find that not only was it empty, but it appears as if it has never been used.

I returned to my room to shower and hello! no hot water. I rang reception and they told me to wait for a while. I left the tap running for 20 minutes and guess what, still no hot water!

I went out shopping later in the day, and when I returned and went to the lift to return to my room one of the staff ran across the lobby and asked me if I was staying at the hotel - when I said yes, he demanded to see my room key. I thought this to be very strange as there must have been only 10 or 15 people staying at the hotel, and by other hotels standards very rude.

The rooms were nice as expected, but the overall experience was serious disappointment. I must say AVOID!

1 Thank KilRoyJ63