“Good place with good preparation and great ambience”
Review of Pirates of Grill

Pirates of Grill
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Best place for Buffet - hands down.
I was bit apprehensive going to this place because of my experience in BBQ Nation. But the great buffet spread, lot of space and absence of grill smoke makes this place a winner.
The servers are very friendly and happy to serve you.
The starters which you are supposed to grill on the charcoal grill embedded in your table is not really uncooked. Its semi-cooked and you can give it your personal touch. Not like a Korean grill where you get raw stuff.
The main course is very nicely spread. Lot of variety. Even lets you make your custom Raita!! :)

There are newer reviews for Pirates of Grill

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We really enjoyed the Buffet Dinner with our family and friends... But the services are a bit slow. The food collection & quality is great.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

we were taken to this restaurant by the owner who was our host in India and from the time you step in to the restaurant you do not believe that you are in India as it has an atmosphere the is NOT the typical Indian restaurant with Indian spices in the air this restaurant is something you would find in Dubai clean , well arranged, the food also was a mix from all over the world NOT just Indian foods,
the concept is the you do the finishing grill of meats right at your table which has a charcoal grill in the middle as the waiters also keep a constant flow of different types of other foods and grills, you also need to visit the buffet table where you will find everything from salads to curries even chainsies dishes.

If you are going to India ( New Dehli) you must make this a place to visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Eating at Pirates of Grill is like being in a big fat Indian wedding. Don't get misled by the shady mall POG is in, this place is brilliant! Even though you can see though the door how crowded the place is the Maître d would still smile at you, get your name down and make sure you get a seat the moment a customer leaves.

The hospitality is extraordinary. Another reason why this place reminds me of an Indian wedding is because of the way they treat their customers. Ones feels like a "Barati" at POG, the servers will come up to you over and over again with smiling faces and ensure your plate is never empty!

I was having lunch and I was too full from the starters so me and my friend decided to take a moment before we went for the main course and our plates were empty for like 2 seconds. A server came up to us with a plate full of succulent, juicy and beautifully grilled pineapples, neatly cut up into slices and placed it on our table for us to eat while we talked. We were very impressed by the initiative and the promptness of the servers.

Moving on to the good stuff, the starters were delightful. Actually, delightful is too small a word. Everything was grilled to perfection. Both the vegetarian and the non-vegetarian starters were fresh, extremely flavoursome and absolutely delectable. The starters arrived on seekhs and they were placed on the table on a griller that kept them piping hot. (Pictures attached).

The grilled "Chicken Tikka" was so soft that it was just falling off the seekh! The grilled "Prawns" were fresh, light and infused with brilliant Indian flavours. The grilled "Seekh Kebab" too was divine. They also had grilled "Fish" with an interesting crispy crust which I enjoyed very much (Pictures attached).

The winner was the grilled "Pineapple" that the severs dressed like Pirates (minus the eye patch) carried all around the place like "Ninja Swords"! (Pictures attached). It was quite funny but the grilled pineapple was truly a star, the crust was crisp, yet the insides were soft, succulent and extremely sweet and tasty!

I was too full to try everything from the main course but I did try the "Biryani" with their "Raita" which was a bit disappointing because it did not taste like authentic biryani, it tasted like plain rice covered in curry. The soup was light, fresh and moreish and came with different kinds of breads, breadsticks and butter. (Pictures attached).

I then moved on the the favourite part of my meal - the desserts! I never use a dessert plate for my desserts. It has to be a bigger plate because there are an array of desserts to try and I really wanna get them all at once and savour them at my table! I live for dessert!

I really enjoyed all the desserts at Pirates of Grill. My most favourite was the "Sevaiyan", the best part was that it was really chilled and perfectly sweetened. They also had some very nicely done "Moong Dal Halwa" that I absolutely loved. The "Gulab Jamuns" were soft and tasty too.

Now if you read my reviews, you know I love Cheesecake. So, I was ecstatic to see "Honey Cheesecake" on their menu. I was quite disappointed with it though because it just tasted like fresh cream and digestives and butter sprinkled at the base. I just could not finish it! (Picture attached).

I did finish the "brownie" though - quite tasty! They also had a "pineapple pastry" and a "carrot cake" but both these desserts were quite ordinary. I had to take another helping of the chilled "Sevaiyan" though - beautifully prepared! Highly recommended.

The best way to judge a restaurant's kitchen is to see it and the restaurants that have kitchens you can see into like Punjab Grill, really impress me because it shows the confidence the chefs have in their hygiene, their system and their preparations! Pirates of Grill had a similar kitchen, you could seen into it. Perfectly organised and squeaky clean. I was very impressed.

They serve a free drink with the buffet menu and I ordered a plain "Fresh Lime Soda" which was quite refreshing but it was something I could have made at home. They could have made it a little different by adding some mint or basil leaves to it. Just a thought!

At the end of the meal, when it was time to pay the bill, I just could not believe what I saw. We had to pay less than 1200/- and we had ordered an additional drink with the buffet too, so that was a part of the bill! I was zapped!

If you are planning to eat at Pirates of Grill, you do not have to worry about parking your car because they have a kiosk for Valet Parking for customers, I wish I had known about before I ate at Pirates of Grill! So, if you are planning on visiting Pirates of Grill, which you SHOULD, don't forget to use their Valet service. (Picture attached).

Pirates of Grill surely surprised me, can't wait to go back to the place where the owners are kind enough to let people hog till their tummies surrender!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

For someone who loves grilled food, especially the Indian versions of kebabs, this is the place to be. Every table has a mini grill on the table, and the server keeps giving you food till you've had enough (literally !).
The place serves a fixed menu, with a good combination of Indian kebabs, and exotic international variety of grills.
Some of my favourite grills are the Salsa Potato, the Brazilian Churassco Pineapple and the Murg Tikka Peshawari. There is typically a variety of 5 - 7 grilled items, after which there is an wide spread of main course as well.
If this hasn't filled your stomach, there is a fair spread of desserts as well.

Advice before you visit: It is a sane idea to skip a meal before you land here !