“Great and Fun Stay in Delhi for 2 French Girls”
Review of The Bristol Hotel

The Bristol Hotel
Ranked #57 of 254 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were at The Bristol Hotel in October , me and my best friend from France ... We had a great stay as the Hotel is very nice and well decorated , clean and professional staff - Fun as well as the night you have the bar and the restaurant with live entertainment and a very active and nice GM Mr Mann that treat us as VIPs :) ... The roof top swimming-pool is also a nice day time spot. All this to say thanks to The Bristol Delhi Team to make our trip to Delhi a pleasant time ... we will be back there very soon. Cecilia

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of "peppers" view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sessillia
DeepankarGurgaon, Front Office Manager at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Bristol Gurgaon !!

We are greatly delighted to have received such a generously appreciative review about your stay with us at The Bristol which you have kindly shared on TripAdvisor. It is no less than flattering to know that you have so minutely observed and appreciated our warm and welcoming ambiance, courteous & well groomed staff and our tastefully decorated and well appointed rooms.

Such appreciative compliments go a long way to encourage us to strive harder to excel at what we do best.

We would love to see you back here for a stay with us so that we can help you make some pleasant memories that you would treasure forever.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had heard some nice reviews about Palmyra's lunch buffet spread & it's quality..so decided to buy one. I was totally disappointed.

Both the food & spread quality levels were unexpectedly low. The service staff on duty was hardly energetic and prompt. The day I bought my lunch, the buffet offered veg chowmein but no veg gravy accompaniment. The vegetarian spread was to a bare minimum of one dal & one aloo gobhi n paneer. The Breads being served were cold n stale looking...not palatable.

Despite several reminders, a single unbuttered naan arrived in 10 mins...Overall, I felt it to be a waste of experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank VTraveller_27

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Bristol Hotel Gurgaon!!

We would like to thank you for choosing to dine with The Palmyra 24x7 Coffee Shop at The Bristol Gurgaon.

Please be assured that the feedback from our guests is of extreme importance to us as it helps us take note of issues that might have escaped our attention. We deal with them on a high priority and take immediate action wherever required. We regret the disappointment you faced during your stay with us and have passed your concerns over to the relevant departments and I shall be conducting additional training sessions for the staff.

We would love to welcome you to the hotel soon and assure you that you would not face any such issues ever again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Apart from a small bug in the food, the rest of the stay (two days for business) was okay. A group of loud people at 3am woke me up once, but that isn't the hotel's fault. Service is good and the food (at least taste and variety) is good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Arjun M

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Bristol Gurgaon and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to receive your encouraging feedback and to learn that the services and facilities have met your expectations. We have already taken best measures for the insects in rooms and can fully assure you that in future you will definitely find a change in the same.

We look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I wud like to tell that my recent one night stay in the hotel was quite good..... Quality of food n buffet was gud.....staff was very supportive n caring.....rooms were well spaced n nice n clean.... But Peppers, the disc in the hotel, was not upto satisfaction. Surely very popular, but very cheap crowd ...not gud for single couples....

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank sachingarg03

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting specific feedback on your stay at The Bristol,Gurgaon.

I personally acknowledge your feedback on the room upkeep. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you @Peppers. Please be assured that your feedback has been noted and the matter has been discussed with the team at length, so that such an instance does not recur.

Please allow me to share with you that all the responses to guest comments are customised and specifically address the mentioned feedback. Every feedback that is posted on the Trip Advisor is shared with all the members of our hotel team, basis which corrective action and required training is initiated.

Thank you for your message. We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in services and hospitality.

The Bristol, Gurgaon

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I highly recommend the Bristol Hotel by the following reasons.

1. The hotel is in very good location very near to the metro station and shopping malls in Gurgaon and has easy access from the airport.
2. The hotel has many variety of meeting rooms and halls to have business conferences.
3. The food quality is very good, you would eat too much.
4. Internet connection is very smooth.
5. Services and Hospitality of hotel staff are the most notable things of this hotel.

I will come to the Bristol Hotel whenever I come to India.

Room Tip: The connection of the Internet varies according to rooms. You should check it first.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting specific feedback on your stay at The Bristol Gurgaon.

I personally acknowledge your feedback on the room upkeep. Please be assured that your feedback has been noted and the matter has been discussed with the IT team at length, so that such an instance does not recur.

Trip Advisor is a very powerful forum as feedback is genuine and motivates us to do better. Your feedback is well noted and we will further customise our responses.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

It was my bad eventually that I did not read first hand reviews from fellow sufferers. Being an active internet user, I do not know how I did this Frankenstein by not reading what people had to say about this place.

I checked in 320 for a couple of meetings I had to be a part of, in Gurgaon. My administration staff was given a directive that the hotel had to be a stone’s throw away from JMD Plaza and Bristol was their choice, obviously. Ladies and Gentlemen, the reason to stay at Bristol ends just there.

I had already told the reception when I alighted at the airport that I would like to have a peaceful night’s sleep because I had an early morning meeting to which they had an ever cordial reply of “We will make sure of it Sir”

So I checked in and after smiles and greetings from the reception, I made way for the room. It had been 10 minutes when there was a loud thud of chairs falling over. I thought it might be a one-off but in 15 mins, there were more noises and a steady, static noise of chairs being fiddled with and moved around became the nemesis.

It turned out that they had the coffee store just underneath 320 and it was the culprit. I am a nimble sleeper hence I could not put myself to it and spent the night sleepwalking around and reading.

It was just not worth it. Would not check in there for 10 free nights. It was that bad.

Room Tip: Not 320, Please !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank sanjaywadehra
DeepankarGurgaon, Front Office Manager at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Mr. Sanjay Wadehra

We would like to thank you for having stayed with us and sparing time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

I note with great concern that we were not able to live up to your expectations and that some aspects of our service offered left a lot to be desired. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at The Bristol Hotel Gurgaon. We have noted your feedback and have shared it to the concerned team to address the problem and ensure it is not repeated. Your feedback gives us an insight towards the area of improvement from our side and we will focus more on training our staff to ensure that the service standards are consistently meet.

We look forward to serve you again and welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to The Bristol Gurgaon .

The Bristol Gurgaon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

So I checked into Bristol because of the convenience of the location but that was it and I mean it.

How many **** hotels have you been into where you had to ask for a table fan to put yourself to sleep? I can bet my life that your answer has to be 0.

Over the past 6 years of my corporal life where I have been to a multitude of hotels I have never had an experience like Bristol. I checked into Room No 203 and from the moment I checked in, it was a harrowing experience in terms of cooling. Agreed, the best systems go through a downtime but the way the room service behaved when I told them that the air conditioning was not working to which their reply was "Sir, Ho Jaata Hain 203 mein kabhi kabhi" left me tearing my hair.

After 5-10 mins of tinkering with the AC, they said that it was working. I switched it on back again and to my sheer bewilderment (and amusement, for I do not have any other emotion to express my state) it stopped working again.

What followed next were multiple calls to the reception and room service, a lot of quick fix mechanics trying to repair it but to no avail. Being someone of modest requirements, I slept with a pedestal fan in the room that fateful night.

When things like these happen, everything else shrouds in the background and gets guys like us who are mere consumers of Trip Advisor and not contributors, to contribute.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Saurabh_Vagabond

Dear Mr. Saurabh,

I am writing you this mail on behalf of my team to express my deep and sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the Air condition not working during your stay.
At The Bristol Hotel, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause and have taken firm actions to ensure this kind of faults do not arise again.

As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again.
We deeply value your relationship with The Bristol Hotel and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

We look forward to serve you again and welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to The Bristol Hotel Gurgaon.