“Next to Luxurious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident, Gurgaon

Trident, Gurgaon
Ranked #2 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Next to Luxurious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed 2 nights as part of our regional meeting. You drive up to a garden porch area and walk a short distance to the reception. That's when you see the huge pool of water surrounded by well trimmed lawn. I must say the service in India is impeccable. and this hotel is no exception. You are whisked to your room immediately and the final sign in is performed in the room itself.

Room is clean and has all the basic neccesities - safe, weighing scale, bathrobes, 2 bottle of mineral water, fruits, coffee making facilitie and fragrant toileteries. The hotel has only 1 level so it all depends where you would want your room to be. Got one nearer to the reception and restaurant. Since its the ground floor, you should always have your curtains drawn as people walking outside can look in, so no birthday suit on people.

The hotel is located just next to its sister hotel, the Oberoi which is a notch higher (price is 2 notch higher). Trident is a business hotel whereas the Oberoi is a luxury hotel. It's link by a short pathway and accessible via hallways. The hotel has a small swimming pool nestled in the middle and on a lower ground. But i pop over to have a dip at the Oberoi pool which is long (longer then a standard olympic size pool) so if you are swimming freak, dont forget to pack your trunks.

The sole restaurant serves pretty standard fare and the omelette station seems to be the highlight. Apparently, you can also pop over to the Oberoi restaurant for breakfast as well although we only found this out on the last day so we didnt have the chance to see whether the spread is larger there.

Since this is a business hotel, it's very quiet and there isnt much action. There is more action at the next hotel with some branded outlets there and a piano bar that I heard comes alive at night. We darent venture out of the hotel to eat for fear of the Delhi Belly. Both this hotel has its own water filteration system so there is no fear of catching anything from the water here (yes..it's safe to gurgle your mouth here!)

The hotel manager was kind enough to give us a complimentary ride to the nearby mall and Kingdom of Dreams (we did have a meal at one of the restarant here - yes - this is safe too :) ) I guess you got to ask and they probably give as they seems to aim to pleased.

It has a spa and a small gyn next to the swimming pool too but didnt check that out. Did notice a yoga session held at the neat lawn in the morning and understand that the 1st session is at 630am and the next at 745am. Check with the hotel reception as this seems to be the only activity available for guest at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you need to pop over to the Oberoi often (like me), ask for a room near the footpath that connect...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a detailed feedback on your stay experience at Trident, Gurgaon.

Guest feedback is integral to our hotel and we are delighted that you found the hotel and its services to your satisfaction. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Nitesh Gandhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are well kept, not as spacious as others but makes up for it with the great service and just the overall lovely and peaceful environment. I definitely could have stayed there a lot longer and feel exceptionally comfortable. I highly recommend this place for single or a couple but not families just cos the rooms are a bit tight.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing on Trip Advisor.

Please allow me to share with you that we do have higher category of rooms as well as interconnecting rooms which can be booked for family stays.

Your positive sentiments have been communicated to all the members of our team.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here for a week and by the third day, every staff member called me by name. The bellman would walk part way to my room with me, asking me about my day. AND, the hotel discourages gratuities, so the staff isn't doing it in hopes for a big tip.
The comparable rooms are smaller than those in the ITC Mauria, but still spacious enough. The breakfasts are superb--everything imaginable on the buffet and many things cooked to order.
The ambiance is breathtaking--fires floating in a reflecting pool outside the front entry, beautiful grounds and pool area. The entry is very modern, with clean lines.
The check in process is very smooth and you are escorted to your room by a staff member that outlines the hotels services as you walk. Only 120 rooms, so it's a very special environment.
The bar is good, a limited selection of items and every wine is more than $10 a glass--I was put off by this a bit. Ravi, one of the waiters in the bar, is VERY wine savvy--I enjoyed talking with him.
All this and I may not stay here again...why? I think the Mauria rooms are better for the money AND the Mauria has a wonderful happy hour for those staying in "club rooms" that has free drinks and a wonderful array of free hors d'oeuvres. After a long day, those were generally enough for me without spending time in the restaurant or with food service. Interestingly, I met the assistant front desk manager my third day and he asked which room I had--I told him and he gave me his card and said the next time I stayed there I should call him and he would upgrade me. I was a bit resentful, thinking "why not upgrade me this time, instead?" That might have been enough to pull me back to the hotel rather than the Mauria.
I will miss the wonderful service, however.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the main floor, near the lobby. Those on the second floor, above the pool, are a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you posting such a detailed feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that the ambience and service were to your immense liking.

Please allow me to share with you that Trident Gurgaon and The Oberoi Gurgaon as a complex have bigger size of rooms. Infact the base category of room at The Oberoi Gurgaon is 620 square feet.

Your positive words have been shared with Ravi at The Bar for whom it is a tremendous source of motivation.

We thank you once again for your feedback.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Oh did I love my stay at the Tritent. The architecture is spectacular and the service is a dream. When entering the hotel area you are greeted by the pool of reflection which is so calm and peaceful. He room was beautiful, the only little improvement from my side would be the mattress, was a bit too hard for my taste. Every morning you join a yoga session outside and they have a beautiful pool and spa area. Breakfast buffet was very nice, but the service was amazing. Where ever you went, you were greeted and looked after by smiling and efficient hotel staff. I felt sad to leave and can t wait to go back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note that the hotel and its services exceeded your expectations.

It is through delighted guests that a hotel gains its true recognition.

Your feedback on the mattress has been noted and shall certainly be evaluated.

Your positive sentiments have been communicated to the team.

The Trident team looks forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

what a hotel ... its like a dream ... one of the best pools and the spa i have ever seen ... all the rooms facing the pool ... what a entrance to the hotel and in the night the fire across the water body at the entrance ... very big and beautiful plantation ... looks like a palace .... keep it up

Room Tip: facing the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciative comments.

The hotel as you have noticed is built like a resort and is characterised by reflection pools, green lawns, fire mashals, domes and arches thus making it a favourite destination for business as well as leisure travellers.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

La Canada Flintridge, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel was booked by Regent Seven Seas Cruise Line for a brief stay at the end of a post-cruise land tour from Mumbai to Delhi. Depending on departure times for flights home, one might not even use the bed (as was the case for our 1245 am departure for the airport. Our room was excellent and we wished we could stay here longer. Dinner was served buffet style in the Kaveri/Godavani Hall. and was very good. It is south of Delhi and close to the international airport. If you have a flight out of Delhi, be sure to stay south of the city in a hotel such as this, because traffic can be horrible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback.

The hotel's locational proximity to the airport makes it a favourable abode for travellers.

The Trident team looks forward to welcoming you back.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our hotel was booked as part of a land tour with Regent Seven Seas Cruises. The grounds were very impressive, yet calming and serene. The room was spacious and well appointed, and with great air conditioning. We spent the better part of our last day out by the pool, just relaxing.

Our first meal was a buffet for our tour group, which was very good. Plenty of food, and everything tasted fresh. Warm nan bread was delivered to diners as requested. The breakfast buffet was extensive. The server encouraged me to try the dosa, which was tasty. We had sandwiches from the pool bar for lunch, which were fairly average. We made the mistake of trying to eat a quick dinner prior to our departure. We should have allowed a little more time. We got the wood fired pizza, which was just also good.

The staff throughout the hotel is very gracious. We were nothing less than pleased with our stay.

Unfortunately, as our stay was part of a package and not itemized, I cannot comment as to the value of the room.

A few negatives: When someone was showering in the next room, it sounded as though it was in our room. There were not any outlets easily accessible for us to charge our electronics. There could be more lounge chairs out by the pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that the rooms, food and staff were to your great liking.

Your feedback on more lounge chairs by the pool and electrical outlets has been noted and shall certainly be evaluated.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back assuring you of the best of our services and facilities.

Nitesh Gandhi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
#1 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,168 reviews
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#4 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,291 reviews
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#14 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#10 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 706 in New Delhi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,628 reviews

Been to Trident, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!