“Top of the line choice”
Review of Trident, Gurgaon

Trident, Gurgaon
Ranked #2 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
wappingers falls, ny
“Top of the line choice”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Arriving at this hotel is an experience, walking through the grounds to reception, which was beautiful and 'taken' to our rooms for the checkin process. My regret is that we were only in this hotel for an overnight stop before flying out to Kathmandu early the next morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, January 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on your stay at Trident, Gurgaon.

As you may have noticed that the hotel is designed unlike any other city hotel and is characterized by domes, arches, water bodies and green lawns.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

David Mathews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Bayeux, France
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We spent a night at the Trident a couple of weeks ago. We were greeted with the always welcome news that we'd been given a free upgrade - unfortunately, it was into a smoking room. When I asked if we could revert to our original booking, it wasn't available. After a few weeks in India we were happy to just go with the flow, but it was a bit disappointing especially as there were no windows we could open to let some fresh air in. The young guy from the front desk kept reassuring us that there was no smell at all - but I wonder if maybe he was a smoker himself and just didn't notice! It was pretty awful.
Aside from that, it was a pleasant enough stay. The Indian restaurant was excellent - actually, some of the best food we had experienced and we had stayed in five star accommodation during our whole trip.
My husband really liked the style of the hotel, I found it's massive proportions a little overwhelming and impersonal. The pool is great, although the pool side changing facilities are really tiny and under-equipped (no shower and a changing room with several lockers but enough space for only one person to change at a time). This was pretty strange given the proportions of the pool area, which is massive.
I enjoyed a pedicure at the spa while we were there - professional staff who were all lovely, but the spa itself is dated and lacks atmosphere, although I didn't see the massage rooms which may be better.
All in all, I don't know if I'd go back to the Trident - it is close to the airport which is why we stayed there but I think if we are lucky enough to go back to India, I'd stay at the Imperial rather than this hotel.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is a definite, but make sure you are really specific on whether you want smokin...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you appreciate Indian food at our restaurant Saffron. Positive feedback is always a source of inspiration to our team.

Your feedback has been noted and shared with our team. I can assure you that this is not a part of our service standards.

Your positive words have been conveyed to the Spa team.

We do hope to have you as our guest sometime in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 26, 2011

you least expect a property like this attached to such a busy delhi jaipur highway. its like a hidden goldmine. what an architectural delight!!! entrance with the water body is breathtaking!!!. Rooms are classy and serene. its really a very classy place. so very quite you feel you are the only guest and do use their club for its sheer location and view.
And the best buffet i have ever had, so extensive, lovely presentation, you want your appetite to double up. and the service is equally matching, you may find it slow though i found it non intruding!!! Slightly expensive, was on an official tour and may not spend so much for a in city hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you appreciate the architecture of the hotel.

Your positive words have been communicated to all the members of our team.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay in Trident during the period when Obama visited India. At that time, almost all the hotels in Delhi were full. Only Trident was available for our business meeting (we had almost 20 people and also rented the conference rooms). Having stayed in other hotels in Gurgaon, I think the rooms were at best OK for its price (during Obama period, it might have inflated by 50%). It somehow reminded me of Westin, Radisson rooms. But the bed is of course, comfy.
However, I do think that the surroundings are pleasant and unique. How much time do you spend outdoors at night anyway? Not to mention the mosquitoes that were lurking around the infinity pool area.
Perhaps I was on business stay and could not really afford the luxury of lounging around the pool area and wandering its grounds.
Therefore, stay there only if you are on personal/leisure trip, for you would miss all the pleasantries if you are on business. You wouldn't be able to maximise your time in the property.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you appreciate the surroundings of the hotel.

You may have noticed that the hotel is built unlike any other city hotel and is characterized by domes, arches, water bodies, fire marshals and green lawns.

The Trident is designed as an oasis thus providing a perfect refuge for business as well as leisure travelers in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hong kong
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Dreamy and beautiful property, lovely staff but I was highly disappointed with the bad taste of the filter coffee that I ordered. There was something seriously wrong with it. Also avoid ordering fresh cream with coffee because what you'll get is something very thick and foamy like cake icing cream. The biryani wasnt very nice either. There was a slight dispute/miscommunication regarding the taxi fare I paid to the airport but the issue was handled well by the staff. The hotels proximity to the airport makes it ideal for business travelers. The nightly room rates are steep but this hotel is a luxury business hotel. The burning of incense sticks in the evening makes the whole hotel smell lovely.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you appreciate the architecture of the hotel.

Your feedback on the filter coffee and biryani has been shared with our Executive Chef and I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trident, Gurgaon in the not so distant future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I have spent 3 weeks at the Trident....
Service is outstanding:
- staff remembered my name after couple of days and even remembered my breakfast selection. My favoutire juice was poured as soon as i was in sight
- dry cleaning is more than removing the stain. The hole in my pair of jeans was also fixed
- i have received a call after handing the don't disturg sign at the door to ensure everything was ok.

Room is spotless, large enough for a business traveller, comfy bed ... and looking at the pool in the morning was a nice way to start the day.

Loved the pool to relax on the weekend after a crazy work week.

Not much to see around Gurgaon, Delhi is not too far from the metro (not at walking distance) or by car (hotel driver or Taxi)

Highly recommended

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you appreciate the service.

It is through delighted customers that a hotel gains its true repute.

Your positive words have been communicated to all the members of our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Trident Gurgaon surpassed all expectations for quality and service.

The rooms are clean, spacious and modern. I had a pool view room at the outlook was private and lovely. Only downside is have to pay for Internet access or use the wi-fi in pool bar between 10-10.

The pool area is a lovely spot to spend a few hours with a large, very clean and warm pool, and great service (when sit down someone arrives with a tray holding a bottle of water, sunscreen and a cold towel). The gym is more than adequate to keep you going throughout your stay.

Plenty of choice on the food front - international and domestic, and beverage front. Room service was a pleasure.

Service very good - accommodating and very respectful. Sometimes just a bit too much.

Only downside - location not great to see Dheli although very close to airport.

Is not cheap but worth the price!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Trident-Gurgaon, General Manager at Trident, Gurgaon, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you had a great experience at Trident Gurgaon.

Your positive words have been communicated to all the members of our team.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

David Mathews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
The Oberoi, Gurgaon
#1 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#4 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#12 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#9 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 716 in New Delhi

Been to Trident, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!