“This place is very new but already very good”

DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR
Ranked #9 of 253 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed October 21, 2012

On the fringes of the ever expanding Gurgaon is the oasis of Doubletree Hilton. My third business trip to this city and I've found my preferred hotel. It is new and on the outskirts of Gurgaon. One day it will have some neighbours. Stayed for just on a week and loved it. The staff are very helpful, friendly and approaching the proficiency and efficiency of a top notch Singapore hotel. It is a chaotic mess on the streets but this place is a refuge to rest, eat and relax. The food is very well done and the chefs have passion about their craft. The wood fired pizza is as good as I can get in Melbourne. The swimming pool is nice but unheated so be prepared. The gym is well fitted out. You can't fault the staff for their helpfulness or concerns about your stay. In a sea of organised chaos sits this oasis near our office.

Room Tip: Watch out for the cold swimming pool. It is a bit too refreshing! Stayed in an executive room and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnP99n
Vinay G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear John P,
It is a privilege to be called a preferred hotel and we thank you for your encouraging feedback.
We are flattered to have been compared with a top notch Singapore hotel and very motivated that a business traveller such as you appreciated our cuisine and services. Unfortunately, the swimming pool has not been installed with a heating facility as Gurgaon doesn’t get many cold months.

Once again thank you for your lovely feedback and we look forward to many more of your visits to our DoubleTree by Hilton, Gurgaon!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed just on four weeks at this fabulous Hotel. As a disabled traveller not all hotels cater for the likes of people with a disability, this one does. All the staff from the Housekeeping team to the Concierges and various Managers along with the General Manager all made me feel like a queen. Although this was a business trip I was able to do some sightseeing on the weekends which were arranged with the help of Willson one of the Concierges, especially my trip to Jaipur which went without a hiitch, what a wonderful place. I would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to business people or travellers. Nothing was a problem for them and hopefully I will stay again with them on my return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Barbara T
Vinay G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Barbara,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, team and I are really pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We all look forward to seeing you again and hope that you will return to India and the DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon sometime soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

An overnight stay for business was pleasant but little I know that I would have terrible experience the coming 2 weeks. I am surprised to imagine this being a Hilton property and managed by professionals who do not even know how to bill customer.

10 days passed and we are struggled to get resolution on a billing issue and Hotel staff blamed bankers and overall it turned pathetic experience. My sincere advise that staff is amteurish to cater to corporate customers and one might of staying away from this 'Hilton' property.

Room Tip: Its all the same outside...residential apartments to be seen from any window.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ashish J
Vinay G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Ashish J
Thank you for your candid feedback and I sincerely apologise for the delay in the credit card authorisation release, post your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased that during your stay you were comfortable however post stay billing difficulty is sincerely regretted. I will personally be speaking with the bank to ensure that such unreasonable delays do not re-occur in future.

My team and I, sincerely request you to give us another opportunity to restore your confidence in us.

Best wishes

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Strategically located at Gurgaon, 10 minutes ride to the Cybercity business hub, this is a new hotel in town by Hilton. Being a HHonors members, I'm constantly looking for good Hilton hotel to stay for my business trip. This particular hotel is one of it!

Business trip in Delhi is now more enjoyable than ever, traffic to the corporate office is cut down (used to stay in Hilton Garden Inn in Saket), and the restaurants and lounges in the hotel offer much more choice. That is rather important especially when you need to stay for a week!

Famous for its warm cookie upon check-in, DoubleTree hotel is very good for money. While the room is comfortable, breakfast spread is excellent, Internet is free (HHonors Gold Member), hotel staffs are efficient and helpful, I'm not sure what else to ask for during my stay!

The only negative comment I have for this hotel is - the Food Store meant to be a grab and go concept store, doesn't offer take away coffee! Morning rush to meetings with a hot cup of coffee will certainly make my day. But the staff told me they don't have to-go cup, yet! I hope that mean they will be getting it soon.

I have not explored the gym and the pool yet, but I will certainly check it out when I return. Yes, I'm very sure I will stay in this hotel for the upcoming business trips in Delhi.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EvaTravelTheWorld
Vinay G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear EvitaPeroni,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we are really pleased to hear that you experienced a memorable stay with us.

It is truly encouraging to know that you find our location, food and service very conducive for a discerning business traveller, such as yourself.

I am sorry that we were unable to serve you take away coffee during your stay, my team and I have ensured that this is not the case in future, we do have takeaway coffees available now and many other exciting takeaway pastry and bakery options too!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We live up the road from the hotel in Aralias. For the last two Sunday nights the family and i have gone down to the Doubletree for a quick dinner rather than drive to the Leela or Oberoi.

The first week we tried the Asian restaurant which was passable. However, the noodles looked like they came from a Maggi packet, the sauces were too Indian (keep the Indian flavors away from Chinese food please) and the prawns from a frozen packet purchased from the local supermarket. But otherwise ok, with some innovation in ice cream adding some value. They have only just opened so worth going back to see what happens. The service was excellent.

Last night my son and i just wanted a quick pizza. So we went to the Coffee Shop area, which also has food products for sale on the wall. I never understand who would buy food stuff from a hotel in packet form. But what do i know, but i bet come expiry most of it will be binned.

Pizza is only served in the bar. Because of India's ridiculously outdated alcohol laws persons under the age of 24 cant even set foot in a bar. So the pizza's were ordered and brought from the bar to coffee shop as my son is only 15. Took forever. Additionally the waiter, name beginning with an A, smelt so bad we did anything we could, including pouring our own drinks, just so he would leave and take his body odour with him.

Pizzas arrive. The Rocket and Parma ham pizza had 3 microscopic bits of Rocket. No-one had mentioned to place Rocket on Pizza just before serving. It looked pathetic. If you recalibrated and called it a ham and cheese pizza then it was great. My chicken and pesto pizza was ok. The crust on both were fine.

All in all, minus the poor personal hygiene on one out of 10 staff, the Doubletree is just ok. I should mention the pricing is high for the quality of food. About the same level as Leela.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Vinay G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Qianloong,
Thank you so much for your feedback, the team and I are really pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the service received.

I am sorry that your Pizza was delayed and it was not as per your expectations and this has been highlighted to the cuisine team. We at the DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon are always very careful with our hygiene and grooming standards however I sincerely apologise for the lapse on the day of your visit.

We have taken a special training program for the team and managers to ensure such lapse do not reoccur.

We are very glad to receive this feedback and I have shared it with our cuisine and service team to serve you better and we really look forward to welcome you again at the hotel.

Once again thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here for the second time last week. And what a difference it was vis a vis last stay few months ago in April, 12. But then to put things in perspective at that time the property has just opened and now it has overcome most of its teething problmes.

So on the positive side - staff is extremely courteous and helpful. Rooms are decent in size and well equipped (though I got upgraded to a suite this time which was quite impressive) and service efficient. Didn't get time to check-out the pool and gym but hopefully Hilton standard should take care of the same. Breakfast spread was sumptuous and tasty.

For frequent travellers on business, it's a nice place with good internet speed. Only thing waiting for is the opening of the Executive Lounge.

All in all "Excellent Value for Money" and a must repeat for me, provided they maintain the same level of service :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Vinay G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear ghuman_gaya_si

It is very encouraging to hear that a discerning business traveller such as yourself appreciated our services. We all look forward to welcome you again at the hotel.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our family of 4 (w/ 2 girls, 10 and 5) stayed for one night on our return from Jaipur and before a morning flight to Bangalore. This new hotel (3 months old) is stunning! Staff were very focused on making our stay enjoyable and were apologetic that the Executive Floor and Lounge were not yet open. Pool is very nice with wading pool for small kids. Fitness Room and Business Center looked nice, although we didn't use them. Room was very well appointed, but air conditioning was cold despite turning thermostat up to 25C (76F) -- it could not have been over 19C (66F). Deli restaurant was informal and very accommodating for our girls. Highly recommended if doing business or visiting friends in Gurgaon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear JLF2349
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, team and I are really pleased to hear that you and your family had a great time with us.

I am sorry that your air conditioning in the room was too cold though I am glad that you enjoyed our recreational facilities and overall your stay was pleasant.

We all look forward to welcome you again at the hotel.