“New Gem in Gurgaon”

DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR
Ranked #8 of 234 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Malaysia
“New Gem in Gurgaon”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Strategically located at Gurgaon, 10 minutes ride to the Cybercity business hub, this is a new hotel in town by Hilton. Being a HHonors members, I'm constantly looking for good Hilton hotel to stay for my business trip. This particular hotel is one of it!

Business trip in Delhi is now more enjoyable than ever, traffic to the corporate office is cut down (used to stay in Hilton Garden Inn in Saket), and the restaurants and lounges in the hotel offer much more choice. That is rather important especially when you need to stay for a week!

Famous for its warm cookie upon check-in, DoubleTree hotel is very good for money. While the room is comfortable, breakfast spread is excellent, Internet is free (HHonors Gold Member), hotel staffs are efficient and helpful, I'm not sure what else to ask for during my stay!

The only negative comment I have for this hotel is - the Food Store meant to be a grab and go concept store, doesn't offer take away coffee! Morning rush to meetings with a hot cup of coffee will certainly make my day. But the staff told me they don't have to-go cup, yet! I hope that mean they will be getting it soon.

I have not explored the gym and the pool yet, but I will certainly check it out when I return. Yes, I'm very sure I will stay in this hotel for the upcoming business trips in Delhi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EvaTravelTheWorld
Vinay G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear EvitaPeroni,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we are really pleased to hear that you experienced a memorable stay with us.

It is truly encouraging to know that you find our location, food and service very conducive for a discerning business traveller, such as yourself.

I am sorry that we were unable to serve you take away coffee during your stay, my team and I have ensured that this is not the case in future, we do have takeaway coffees available now and many other exciting takeaway pastry and bakery options too!

Once again thank you for your lovely feedback and we look forward to many more of your visits to our DoubleTree by Hilton, Gurgaon!

Vinay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We live up the road from the hotel in Aralias. For the last two Sunday nights the family and i have gone down to the Doubletree for a quick dinner rather than drive to the Leela or Oberoi.

The first week we tried the Asian restaurant which was passable. However, the noodles looked like they came from a Maggi packet, the sauces were too Indian (keep the Indian flavors away from Chinese food please) and the prawns from a frozen packet purchased from the local supermarket. But otherwise ok, with some innovation in ice cream adding some value. They have only just opened so worth going back to see what happens. The service was excellent.

Last night my son and i just wanted a quick pizza. So we went to the Coffee Shop area, which also has food products for sale on the wall. I never understand who would buy food stuff from a hotel in packet form. But what do i know, but i bet come expiry most of it will be binned.

Pizza is only served in the bar. Because of India's ridiculously outdated alcohol laws persons under the age of 24 cant even set foot in a bar. So the pizza's were ordered and brought from the bar to coffee shop as my son is only 15. Took forever. Additionally the waiter, name beginning with an A, smelt so bad we did anything we could, including pouring our own drinks, just so he would leave and take his body odour with him.

Pizzas arrive. The Rocket and Parma ham pizza had 3 microscopic bits of Rocket. No-one had mentioned to place Rocket on Pizza just before serving. It looked pathetic. If you recalibrated and called it a ham and cheese pizza then it was great. My chicken and pesto pizza was ok. The crust on both were fine.

All in all, minus the poor personal hygiene on one out of 10 staff, the Doubletree is just ok. I should mention the pricing is high for the quality of food. About the same level as Leela.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vinay G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Qianloong,
Thank you so much for your feedback, the team and I are really pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the service received.

I am sorry that your Pizza was delayed and it was not as per your expectations and this has been highlighted to the cuisine team. We at the DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon are always very careful with our hygiene and grooming standards however I sincerely apologise for the lapse on the day of your visit.

We have taken a special training program for the team and managers to ensure such lapse do not reoccur.

We are very glad to receive this feedback and I have shared it with our cuisine and service team to serve you better and we really look forward to welcome you again at the hotel.

Once again thank you for the feedback.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here for the second time last week. And what a difference it was vis a vis last stay few months ago in April, 12. But then to put things in perspective at that time the property has just opened and now it has overcome most of its teething problmes.

So on the positive side - staff is extremely courteous and helpful. Rooms are decent in size and well equipped (though I got upgraded to a suite this time which was quite impressive) and service efficient. Didn't get time to check-out the pool and gym but hopefully Hilton standard should take care of the same. Breakfast spread was sumptuous and tasty.

For frequent travellers on business, it's a nice place with good internet speed. Only thing waiting for is the opening of the Executive Lounge.

All in all "Excellent Value for Money" and a must repeat for me, provided they maintain the same level of service :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Vinay G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear ghuman_gaya_si
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, team and I are really pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

It is very encouraging to hear that a discerning business traveller such as yourself appreciated our services. We all look forward to welcome you again at the hotel.

Minneapolis
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our family of 4 (w/ 2 girls, 10 and 5) stayed for one night on our return from Jaipur and before a morning flight to Bangalore. This new hotel (3 months old) is stunning! Staff were very focused on making our stay enjoyable and were apologetic that the Executive Floor and Lounge were not yet open. Pool is very nice with wading pool for small kids. Fitness Room and Business Center looked nice, although we didn't use them. Room was very well appointed, but air conditioning was cold despite turning thermostat up to 25C (76F) -- it could not have been over 19C (66F). Deli restaurant was informal and very accommodating for our girls. Highly recommended if doing business or visiting friends in Gurgaon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear JLF2349
Thank you so much for the positive feedback, team and I are really pleased to hear that you and your family had a great time with us.

I am sorry that your air conditioning in the room was too cold though I am glad that you enjoyed our recreational facilities and overall your stay was pleasant.

We all look forward to welcome you again at the hotel.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed in DoubleTree Hilton Gurgaon.
Our family of 7 pax really enjoyed the wonderful hospitality from the staffs.
They were just awesome and really took care of our every need.
The restaurant food selection was very good.
The location is excellent too. Away from the major traffic & crowd. No lack for shopping malls. Plenty to choose from.
The concierge & front office & F&B staffs were just full of commitment.
We really enjoyed & loved our stay.
Kudos to the management for having such a wonderful hotel & staffs.
Regards,
Joshua & Family
Singapore

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Joshua and Family
Thank you so much for such an encouraging feedback, team and I are really pleased to hear that you and your family had a great time with us.

We all look forward to welcome you again at the hotel.

Oulu, Finland
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here only one night. I arrived from Mumbai at evening and had pickup from airport which worked out just perfectly. Checkin was very nice and fast. Hotel looked great, nice building but the area it self is quite isolated - did not see much nearby. I had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was quite nice but bit pricy. Rooms was very nice and liked the bed. I had very early checkout as was going to Agra so did not had the breakfast. However hotel arranged me a breakfast box to take with me which was very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jopex
Dear Jopex
Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback with us and I am really delighted that you enjoyed the food and overnight stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon.

We are located on the prestigious Golf Course Road address, in Gurgaon, within easy reach of many fortune 500 companies and shopping malls. Our concierge team will be most happy to assist you on your next visit to us.

Once again thank you so much for reviewing our hotel.

gurgaon
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I went to Double Tree for a shoot and spent few hours there. I liked their hospitality and service, the staff was quite helpful and courteous. Since i live in the same city, its not quite far. Infact it's away from the humdrum of malls and shopping complex that works in favor of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank sarikagulati
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon-New Delhi NCR, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Ms Gulati
Thank you so much for the kind review and the positive feedback.

Team and I really appreciate the encouragement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. We are delighted to inform you that we have recently introduced special nights at the Spiritual Bar and Lounge, including live band on every Thursday and Friday.