“Great quality budget hotel in Gurgaon, India with capital S in Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Crossroads

Hotel Crossroads
Ranked #69 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Copenhagen
“Great quality budget hotel in Gurgaon, India with capital S in Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

As part of a tricity speaking tour in India, organizers booked me for 1 night at the Hotel Crossroads. Although I would never ever have booked this hotel myself, I must say that I was surprisingly pleased with the stay.

Pro's;
- value for money
- extremely helpful and service-minded staff
- clean and comfortable rooms
- decent internet connection (WiFi)
- relatively central location to the Gurgaon business center and to the domestic airport of Delhi
- fair pricing of food and everything else

Con's;
- breakfast was probably very fine for an Indian audience, whereas a Westerner like myself didn't find it all to exciting

If you can do without the fancy-pancy that you get at 5 star hotels and want a genuine experience, consider this hotel in the NCH (New Delhi) region.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask the staff - they are very eager to help you in any way they can
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My stay with this hotel is extremely fantastic, be it the front office executive or the room service personnel everyone shows their excellent level of hospitality.

I am going to book this hotel for my next stay as well

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I normally spend half the year in hotels around this part of the world and recently more nights at the crossroads in Gurgaon. Having read some of the poor reviews on this site, I strongly felt it necessary to put a few things right.

Let's be fair here, this is a small hotel chain and for the price and service it provides a great safe, comfortable environment. Having spent almost 40 nights here over the last 4 mths on different occasions, and not yet come across a cockroach, rat or mouse, this already puts it up against, amongst, it's better more expensive rivals. The rooms in general are clean and have all the basic amenities. The one I am currently in has a fridge, coffee maker, a basic minibar and a lcd tv, with a reasonable selection of channels. There is also a mini gym attached to the first floor.

The little restaurant downstairs does a pretty good service for breakfast and sometimes has a buffet lunch and dinner service. The staff once you get to know them are great and very helpful and friendly.

My dealings with both the front office staff, Shobnath and Sangheeta have been very friendly and they have always helped to iron out any issues. The cleaning staff who take care of my laundry and move my luggage around, have also been very helpful.

Let's face it, you are staying here because you don't want to stay at the 4star, 5 star Taj type properties who prove to be very expensive and do not offer value for money. In India and especially in Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida, there are very few small boutique hotels that offer value for money. Crossroads does just that and more. I admit that the laying of carpets in hotels across India is unnecessary and they all smell and attract rodents and bugs, but at least here they are cleaned on a daily basis and thus far, no rodents or roaches have been detected. I went to many hotels to look around before selecting this one, and ones where, whilst the guy was showing me around roaches were running around on the floor, or rodent droppings was evident. Also the locations were terrible right next to a busy market or a badly lit residential area. For me the location is great being only 30 minutes maximum from the airport and 10 minutes from the malls and metro station.

I looked at tens of hotels in Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon before settling on this one to use as a base for my stay in India. My choice has been fully justified. Lets hope they can keep up the cleanliness of the hotel in the future. One has to keep it real when doing these reviews. If there were a hotel chain in the 2 to 3 star category like the B&B, Etap type in Europe, existing here, in India and at the same price, you can give 90% of the zero to 4 star hotels in India a run for their money. Till then you have the likes of the Hyatt, Taj leela at the top, lemon tree coming in below, then hotels such as Crossroads after that with nothing in between. Ginger hotels by Tata is ok for one night but the location in Delhi, is dirty and very dangerous, an no good for staying a few nights, being right next to the dirtiest busiest railway station in Delhi.

All in all I am happy here at Crossroads, until I see other choices as good, in the same price category, I shall continue to stay here.

Cons:- The floors could be aired more with more natural light. The music which is piped out with Michael Bolton killing every song he touches, could be better.

All in all for price I pay and what I expect, there are not many hotels in Delhi or Gurgaon that can touch this one.

Sanjay G

Room Tip: rooms upstairs are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sanjay G
Stevenage, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having just spent the best part of 6 hours in a car driving back from our Taj trip and arriving after dark we were well tired and exhausted.
Hotel looked ok from the outside, receptionist was very polite and efficient and we were given our room.

Opening the room door and immediately we were hit by the cold and musty smell within the room. Everything felt damp. We voiced our views, but just wanted food.

Went to dining room and the head waiter said that tonight they only had the buffet, strange i said as there was a menue in our room. Reluctantly he said we could order from the menu. Prices reasonable, but quality poor. We did not see anyone taking the buffett.

On returning to the room there was a very loud noise, the generator was running, on the other side of the room wall. Reception were called and our receptionist arrived, had a look in the room and announced that it was the air conditioning unit. Well that is the best one i have ever heard, and upon further discussion she obviously thought that talking to us in a loud assertive voice we would accept the situation. That technique might work with the locals, but not your average european traveller who has seen it all before.

We moved to another more central room on a higher floor, but the geny could still be heard, and it was still cold in this room.

A heater and another blanket was eventually supplied to ease the situation.

Following a disrupted nights sleep as the geny ran all night I approached the management about the situation, they just could not care giving us a blank look when we mentioned the generator. We were not the only people complaining.

So it might be a cheap location to stay, but with the frequent power cuts which all Indian tourists know about, you will have noise from the geny which other hotels seem to manage.

Room Tip: Check every single thing in the room straight away, taps, TV, AC. Rooms higher up the building also...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mike c
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am now at the hotel. a day back i arrived in Gurgaon. The place was very cold. I requested for a heater in the room as i am not habituated to such cold weather nor was i prepared with clothes to deal with this cold. The night was really bad and could not sleep due to extreme cold. I was on the ground floor, i guess that added to the problem. i complained, ( I guess i created a ruckus)about this and left for my office. On my return the manager personally waited for me at the reception, apologised. He had moved my luggage to a more comfortable room with 2 heaters in the room. I am mighty impressed with the customer service orientation. All the staff here are extremely friendly. I would highly recommend for a value deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed few times at crossroads the recent stay was nice. In the morning next day i went out to one of my freind place and from there only i had called the hotel as i will not be coming back and can clear out the room, as i already paid in advance the room charges there was no bil pending from my side. After an few minutes one front desk staff named Mr. Shubhankar who calls himself the Duty Manager, Reservation Manager and the Front Desk Manager called back mentioning there was somemini bar consumption, i clearly mentioned that there was no consumption and there would have been any i would have paid for it. He was so arrogant and abusive, not hospitable enough to speak in proper way. and continued his rubbish conversation mentioning i runned away with out paying. Stayed around 4 times there they dont even have the previous records and always bothers us fro ids, address and phone numbers.
The kind of service got in Crossroads was pathetic, i think hotel should take immediate steps for such kind of staff who don't know any thing about hospitality.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Biden Pura
Hotel Jivitesh
Hotel Jivitesh
#143 of 706 in New Delhi
iLodge @ Signature Towers
#16 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Vall...
#25 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hotel Chaupal Gurgaon
#86 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Hotel Dahleez
#63 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
HAUT MONDE BY PI Hotels
#36 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Hotel Crossroads? Share your experiences!