“Tasty food, live music and excellent service”
Review of Diya

Diya
Ranked #14 of 2,762 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at the Lobby Level, overlooking the verdant Rajokri greens (the green belt of Gurgaon), Diya is a culinary mosaic of Indian flavours. The restaurant offers guests an Modern Indian dining experience coupled with the warmth of Indian hospitality. With a comfortable seating capacity to accommodate 112 guests, Diya is a delightful venue for people who enjoy authentic North Indian food served with its original flavours, through its specially crafted menu by our Indian Master Chef Harish Tiwari. One of the interesting features of the restaurant is the glass enclosed private dining space that can accommodate up to twelve guests for intimate gatherings.
Warsaw, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food, live music and excellent service”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been twice in the restaurant while being accommodated at Kenpinski hotel. The food was testy, I am a vegetarian therefore had enough to chose from. The second time I did not make great with the choice for the main dish, however Nikhil Prakash did all possible to change my impression from a bad choice. Brought a great Paneer on the house and did a lot so the bad memory of the dish of my choice faded away. Ambient atmosphere with very nice live music accompanied with tasty food + superior customer service.

1 Thank Whyduck

Newcastle, England
“Please book your reservation asap”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

What can I say. Amazing Food, Amazing Service and Amazing Music as an accompienment (which I took for granted s a cd,... no, it was a real band, that is how good they were).
We had to cut short recent trip to Delhi, however we decided on our last night to eat here... so pleased we did. A little more than I usually pay, however if you are after a treat and fancy a splurge (although that said, it is not overly expensive) then the Diya restaurant is the one for you.
(Oh one more thing... If you like your food like we do, one thing I did like about the service is they ask you if you want seconds.... totally free of charge. Final tip, remember the 16,9 % tax is not added on the menu prices, this will come as a surprise for you later, however once again, well, well worth it).

Gurgaon
“Royal Dining Experience. Food Disappointing”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Over the weekend, I looked forward to having a nice Indian Dinner with family. Diya, came as a common vote, since none of us had tried it.
Right from front desk reception when you walk in, to the ambiance, to the live music of Sitar and Table, is exceptionally great. While you get seated and notice a 'diya' shape candle holder, silver coated crockey, you get a vibe of nothing less but you are in for a royal treat!
From aalo gobi and chicken biryani from our food order was nice (not great), paneer dishes and Dal tadka in particular was extremely disappointing.
I had anticipated the hotel having an influx of more foreign crown binging on indian food, the oil and masala portions will be carefully measured, but I was wrong.
My vote - good to try, but not coming back.

New Delhi, India
“Delights my taste buds... Every time.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants and I have lost count of the number of times I have visited this lovely, cozy place. Staying true to the legend of Leela, this one scores stupendously on food, food and yes, food. The spices are divine and melts on your palette. The cuisines are highly authentic and exceed expectations in tickling the taste buds. At the risk of sounding repetitive, lemme suggest Diya mutton curry..... A must try at Diya. A signature dish so delicious that on more occasions than one, I have ended up eating a full bowl of it. And you do not forget their PAAN.....Awsome stuff...Cheers

• Visited February 2013
多摩市, 東京都
“Superb Indian cuisine”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Since the restaurant is the part of the Leela Kempinski, there was much expectation and it was truly satisfied both service and the taste of the food served. You can see semi open kitchen in the dining room such as roomari roti or grilling some meat and vegi.

They are priced high, but if you consider quality of the food and service you get in Tokyo, this is worth visiting.

• Visited February 2013