“Exceptional Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oberoi, Gurgaon

The Oberoi, Gurgaon
Ranked #1 of 227 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
“Exceptional Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I recommend that everyone stay at this hotel for business or pleasure travel. The luxury is evident from the approach of the driveway, and continues at ever turn.

Staff are friendly, helpful, and attentive. I strongly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimberly P
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Guest

We greatly appreciate your comments. Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service and care.

David Mathews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights . The hotel is simply amazing. Rooms are large, well decorated and very clean we were very lucky to be upgraded to a suite so the experience was quite overwhelmimg. The staff is extremely friendly, helpul and very attentive to every need and request. All in all everything about the hotel was simply AMAZING! it is worth the trip (and distance) from Delhi's city center.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Amazing business hotel near the Delhi Airport. This is the best place to stay if you are flying out of Delhi on a morning flight. The property is very modern with the lobby, restaurants, and piana bar in a five story glass cube facing a giant reflecting pool. At night they light six fire pits in the pool. The rooms are very large with a nice living room area and spacious modern bathrooms. I had an incredible room on the first floor facing the reflecting pool. Beautiful to look out on the reflecting pool while sipping a glass of wine in my room. Top notch property and service; one of the best business hotels in the world. The hotel transfers from the airport were great. One surprising detail though is the shoddy quality of the exterior work on the hotel; I noticed that the exerior is already crumbling though only 3 years old in parts or of poor quality. There is a lot security on the property and the quards seamed uncomfortable and awkward when you walk by. You easily see three security guards on the way to your room from the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor facing the reflecting pool. My room 1028 was exceptional.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

The weather in our part of the world has been on extreme ends all through out the year. The temperatures have been either very high or too low. It is because of this that the hotel exteriors may have looked worn out. The exteriors now have been re painted and the hotel is looking as new as ever. I apologize if you found it a little worn out.

I have also taken note of your comments on security. Let me assure you that our guards are being briefed and re trained as I write to you. I am sure that you will notice a pleasant change in their behaviour the next time you are here.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here three times in 3 weeks at the begining , middle and end of a holiday to India, Bhutan and Nepal. Chose it for the proximity to the airport (12 mins in non rush hour) and the TA reviews. Predominately a business hotel (half way betw airport and 'cyber city' - New Delhi's CBD).
Rooms were super clean, quiet & with all facilities, food @ 361 was a delicious and there was a great choice, swimming pool & loungers spot on, beauty salon (next to Gucci store) brilliant - where i had a deluxe pedicure and manicure. ALL the hotel staff were so polite and helpful - it makes all the difference! Very happy to recommend to others.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 20, 2014

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is about the 361 I loved and its decline .My partner asked for English breakfast tea .It came premixed with milk and sugar ! At The Oberoi! A chef standing by the Indian section of the buffet called the Indian chicken lamb and later when we pointed out it was chicken he said he didn't know as he was an Oriental chef . He was of Indian origin I might add !! What happened to good old fashioned briefing before the restaurant opened ? The continental section had a tajine with dry lamb pieces in it . The juice of the tajine was coagulating from the heating . Very ordinary and tasteless sea bass fish . Very unappetising pieces of chicken . The salad buffet was acceptable . But the choice , for a hotel of this level was than extravagant .The beef salads were superb though .The homous and babagonush were good . The pita bread was unacceptable . The Oberoi has lost its passion for authenticity .This is pita bread that comes out of a packet !! Either make it fresh and serve it as they do it the Arabic and Lebanese restaurants in Dubai or Bahrain or don't do it!!!
A chef have me a little bowl of Japanese noodles that was superb .The Japanese dishes were good .The dessert buffet was full of big stodgy cake pieces . The creme bruleee was not a patch on what Chef Kwatra does at The Pullman ! Actually the Pullman Senses buffet in superior I regret to say .
At 55East for Rs 2500we had a sushi / sashimi buffet , good wine , cooking stations where pan Asian food was being cooked fresh in front of the guest , superb tiger prawns , kebabs etc etc . Equally at the ITC Pavilion in Grand Central or Deccan in Kakatiya the buffets are infinitely superior. THATS what your buffet should be like if your position is "the best". The Oberoi Gurgaon buffet is a buffet dictated by an accountant consumed with his obsession with food cost .It does the brand great disservice .If you cant do a buffet befitting The Oberoi don't do it.
It does one of India's greatest brands great disservice .

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

Your comments have been shared with the Restaurant team at the hotel. We will try our best to ensure that you do not face the same challenges that you have faced recently.

I will be happy if you could let us know the next time that you intend to visit us. It will be a pleasure to discuss your feedback in detail.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I recently did the golden triangle of Oberoi hotels, in Gurgaon, Agra and Jaipur. This was my second golden triangle trip in two years. I had had such a wonderful experience the first time around, I did it all over again this year with my father.

We were blown away by the hotels, the staff, the aesthetics, the food and the whole hotel experience in these three hotels. I was welcomed back with such warm regard, it was very touching.

We booked a hotel car with our own driver in Gurgaon to take us to Agra and Jaipur. He was a young man, but extremely personable, an extremely good and confident driver (which is pretty much a necessity travelling in India), and we built up a really fun and comfortable relationship with him during our four day trip.

However, the whole trip has been marred by a follow up query. I booked all three hotels over the phone with the Oberoi reservations department and was quoted a block price in Rupees and told I was eligible for their special winter package which I assumed must have been cheaper than booking each night in each hotel separately. I hold my hands up and admit that I should have done the math before I went ahead and confirmed the booking, but I trusted that such a top and highly rated hotel must have been making me a genuine reduced rate package.

When I returned home I went over the costs of the trip and worked out how much money I would have paid if I hadn't had the winter package deal. I was extremely shocked to discover that I had, in fact, paid over US$1,000 more than if I had booked each hotel separately in the normal way.

I contacted the reservations team on March 4th to find out their views on the discrepancy, also on March 14th, and again on April 3rd. The replies to all of my emails have been that they are investigating the matter. I really can't believe that it has taken over six weeks to come up with an answer, and I'm still waiting as of today. I really didn't want to have to write anything negative whatsoever about the Oberoi, but I feel so let down that I think I would think twice about staying with them again.

D McGhie

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you liked the hotel & the service standards.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team and shall go a long way in ensuring that we keep up the impeccable service standards.

Your dissatisfaction is a source of concern for us. Your feedback has also been forwarded to the head of central reservations for our hotels. I assure you of a quick resolution of this.

We look forward to your next visit at The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was my 5th stay at the Oberoi Gurgaon on work. And at every instance the staff has exceeded service standards set by themselves. I now know why Oberoi hotels are rated some of the best hotels in the world. Once i was under the weather while checking - in around 11:00pm, soon there was some porridge and soup in my room with an appointment letter of a doctor who would come to visit me next morning. And all this was without any specific request. Next instance the room service staff went to the extent of checking on my shaving foam and replacing it with a new one because he thought i was running short of foam. Such service is unseen and unheard of anywhere else in the world and specifically absent in the US or Europe.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

At Oberoi hotels and resorts it is our endeavour to make our guest most comfortable and we will ensure that we leave nothing to chance when it comes to making the stay comfortable for our guest. We beleive that these small gestures go a long way to make our guests feel at home.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back.

David Mathews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,124 reviews
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#4 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,284 reviews
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#15 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 706 in New Delhi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,622 reviews
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#9 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to The Oberoi, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!