“Superb Hotel in heart of Gurgaon”

The Oberoi, Gurgaon
Ranked #1 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Superb Hotel in heart of Gurgaon”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

After only one brief stay, I'd have to say this beautiful hotel has immediately jumped into my top 5 city hotels. It is not an exaggeration to call this property an Oasis in the bustle of Gurgaon. The physical plant is georgeous, with the buildings surrounded by blue-tiled wading pools and terraces as you transition from inside to outside spaces. The room (I was in a suite) was absolutely perfect with a modern chic feel. Blackout blinds, a great bed and a selection of pillows help when you're adjusting to a new time zone. Yet in a day when even great hotels are betrayed by poor service, the staff at the Oberoi actually added to an already special experience. I would call the service impeccable from housekeeping to front desk staff. The hotel is perfect for international business travelers as it has that "open 24 hours feel". Even when departing at 2 AM, the hotel seemed fully staffed by people who seemed to exude the pride of ownership and sense of purpose so rare in the service industry. Great spa followed by a very good meal and a drink in the cigar bar were the perfect way to relax after a few days of hectic travel. If you like modern yet "organic" properties and have high expectations of service, you'd be hard pressed to do better in any city in the world.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are delighted that the hotel, its architecture and the service standards were up to your expectations. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team and the team is happy that you enjoyed your stay.

We all look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again.

David Mathews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Yorkshire
Reviewed April 3, 2014

A newish hotel in Delhi, we stayed just one night en route to Rajasthan. This hotel is superb. The rooms and bathroom (complete with tv screen facing the bath 11) are huge. Modern/contemporary design but without being bland. Definite wow factor. Peaceful night's sleep. Didn't have dinner as eaten++ on the plane but the breakfast was very good. Lovely pool area with beds and parasols - perfect for unwinding after a long journey. Close to airport so good for transport. Excellent staff as you would expect from the Oberoi high calibre hotels.

Room Tip: Very peaceful area - would think all rooms as peaceful as ours was .
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We all look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were visiting here for 3 nights and it was truly beautiful and amazing. Every aspect of this place is well thought out, clean and top end. There is berry tight security getting into the premises, everyone x-rayed and guards in every floor. But I felt very safe in here. The views out the windows of every room is spectacular. The day spa fantastic value and very enjoyable. All staff are curious and polite. Decent English spoken by all staff. Truly loved staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Guest

We greatly appreciate your comments. Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service and care.

At Oberoi hotels and resorts it is our endeavour to make our guest most comfortable and we will ensure that we leave nothing to chance when it comes to making the stay comfortable for our guest.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you back.

Oslo
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was looking forward to visit the fantastic Triden Gurgaon but was notified by my collegues that we were upgraded to the Oberoi Gurgaon. How is it possible to be upgraded from the fantastic Triden (which I reviewed in 2012)? But yes - Oberoi proved it possible. What a stunning hotel in the caotic and stressful Dehli suburb/Gurgaon. The design is modern and classis, peaceful athmosphere and they have whatever you desire from a hotel experience. The rooms are spacious, delicate and have the most comfortable beds you can dream off - and the same goes for the bathroom area. I tried the Sixtyone (?) restaurant - and they have an endless variety of delicious asian choices and international wines. I can keep listing all the fantastic features of this special hotel, but you better try it out yourself. And those making it into a dream is the extremely service minded staff taking care off you every minute.... Thank you!

Room Tip: I would expect that every room is at a very high standard, but maybe you should ask for a room with...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, March 30, 2014

Thank you for taking time to write about The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

We are delighted that you enjoyed staying at the hotel. The hotel is built on 3 key elements- Height Light & Space. The massive fire torches, cobalt blue water bodies and the winding forest paths are just some of the features that have set us apart from the rest of the hotels.
Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Airy and pleasant room, superb staff, great dining, wonderful spa, peaceful location.......there was just nothing wrong with this hotel. It is rare that I am impressed to this degree but I rate this hotel above all others. Amazing wifi as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Edinburgh
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Having been a patron of the Trident Hotel for 7 years, I was with some trepidation booked into The Oberoi for this work trip. I had previously visited the bar and used pool facilities and was concerned it was just going to be a little too much..if you've even frequented their opulent lobby, you'll know what I mean...

We were picked up from airport in 7 series BMW...whisked through check in...then ushered to our rooms..after being shown all the 'features' - rain shower, tv in bathroom, electric blind and 'butler' button ( I kid you not)...my door bell rang...a delicious watermelon welcome drink and beaming smile from the fabulous staff member. A theme of great customer service continued for the next 3 days. The team here mirror your mood - my experience was jovial banter and efficiency.

The only issue I had (and likely my issue), the 'do not disturb' card wouldn't fit properly on door knob so as a result my door wouldn't close properly.

I just felt utterly spoiled here...you guys are doing a great job, keep it up. I will def be back...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to write about The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

I have also noted your concern about the Do Not Disturb card not fitting properly. I will have the design team look into this at once.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel was exactly what you would expect from the Oberoi brand — nice rooms, nice setting, fantastic food, and excellent service. The pool is evidently one of the longest in the world. The hotel is fairly convenient to the airport and set in the business area of Delhi, and we thoroughly enjoyed our nights there.
Areas for improvement:
WiFi was not free and on the pricey side
There was an out-of-place Gucci store with a huge, lurid “GUCCI” sign
Other than those minor things, it is a hotel I would recommend for anyone doing business in the area or stopping through on vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you liked the hotel & the service standards.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team and shall go a long way in ensuring that we keep up the impeccable service standards.

Please allow me to explain why there is a charge for internet at our hotel- Hotels around us provide an average speed of 30 MBPS for which there is no charge. We, at Oberoi, Gurgaon provide a speed of 60 MBPS for all our rooms. This speed requires a set up that can be run by experts, and for this very reason we have hired a prodessional agency who provide an uninterrupted service to the hotel for your convenience. This is the only reason that you find internet chargable. May I also clarify that we have been advised that we lower down the speed and remove the charges, which we do not agree to as downloads taking thrice as much time can be quite a disturbance.

I would also like to point out that for this very reason, we provide 30 minutes of complimentary internet service every day, so that guests may check e mails and other important aspects within this half an hour.

We also have internet inclusive rates available on the website, for guests who want internet to be a part of their room package.

However, I request you not to let the internet charge affect your views about us, and hope that we will see you again at the hotel.

We do understand that the Gucci sign stands out more than your expectations, but this happens to be their Asia Flagship Store and the signange has been designed keeping in mind our comfort levels ans the asthetics. I apologize if this has caused you inconvenience.

I hope that this does not deter you from visiting again. Your feedback is integral to us and I thank you again.

We look forward to your next visit at The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

Warm Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#4 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#12 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 715 in New Delhi
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#9 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to The Oberoi, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!