“A perfect business hotel”

The Oberoi, Gurgaon
Ranked #1 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Singapore, null, Singapore
“A perfect business hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spending 20 days in hotels a month is simply painful - but if then a hotel is able to make it good it has to be special.
I have spent most of my last few months in Oberoi Gurgaon, and can say confidently - it is the best business hotel anywhere (business only since it is located in a place where there is nothing else to do).
Apart from the swank and modern building and rooms - its their attention to details that makes it the unique experience it is. The staff notices everything without being intrusive and makes the experience as customised as possible while keeping Oberoi essence in place.

Hats off to the staff which has redefined service, absolutely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We fully understand that staying at a hotel for so long is not very easy. Hence we strive to provide our guests an atmosphere like home. The team has been trained to be alert yet unobtrusive in its quest for excellence.

Thank you again for taking time out to write. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. We all look forward to your next visit at The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

David Mathews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have heard that the visual aesthetics of this architecturally bold Oberoi property evoke extreme and divergent responses - love it or hate it - but when in comes to the basics of guest comfort- the rooms, facilities and service, this hotel, particularly its staff, actually seem to be setting a new standard.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

Your sentiments are short and crisp but sum up the hotel at one go.

Yes, the hotel is built different from the regular hotels, this has been done keeping in mind the asthetics, safety & security of guests. You may have noticed that there is only a single point entry and exit to guest floors, making it virtually impossible to breach.

A lot of space has been given to each and every guest area, the rooms are perhaps the biggest in any city hotel across the world. Natural light, green forest and a generous height gives one a feeling of being away from a city like Gurgaon.

Your feedback has been shared with the entire team. We all look forward to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Indore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

One of the best hotel of india. The stay in the Oberoi was amazing. The staff were friendly and always ready for Help. I stayed one night ,had a very good lunch in the 361 restaurent. The Rooms are specious and great interior
The Hotel was lovely overall.
If you are looking for Luxury stay in Gurgoan (india) this is the place for you.
This hotel is just 15 min. drive from Delhi Airport

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to write about us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us, although 1 night is not enough to enjoy the hotel, yet I am sure that you will return with more time at hand.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team and it shall go a long way to keep them motivated.

Thank you again for writing. We hope to see you again soon at The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This might be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Good food, immaculately clean rooms and incredible service in addition to a modern and cosmopolitan vibe of the hotel make this a truly amazing and spectacular place. The ambiance and the surroundings in what can be an otherwise chaotic city make this a great place to retreat after a long day of meetings or work.

We had booked the arrival service to pick us up from Delhi airport. Transfer was quick and efficient (about 20 minutes) in a comfortable BMW. As soon as we pulled up, the staff greeted us by name and whisked us away to our rooms, where on the way I was informed I'd be given a complimentary upgrade to what I can only describe as a breathtakingly awesome hotel suite. Check-in was completed in the room. . . if only everywhere in the world could be like this!

The room was massive and well appointed. The bathroom was huge and spacious, and the bedroom had a very very good hotel bed. I slept great both nights I was there. It was tough to leave!

Butler service was included for the room, all you had to do was push the button. Shoe shine? No problem! Need room service? No problem! I did have a light meal after I arrived as I was famished and the food was good. The only thing that was an issue was the bread rolls were rock hard but we as humans really shouldn't be consuming carbs right before we turn in for the evening if we are trying to loose weight right?

Breakfast the next day was very good. Sadly I was in a rush both days for breakfast but the waffles I had both days were excellent. The restaurant sits on the ground floor overlooking the "fake lake" (it looks like a giant hotel pool with dark tiles but it's not for swimming in) that has fire lit on it in the evenings. It's pretty cool.

Everything about this stay was great. If you are having meetings or work in Gurgaon or if you are staying to be near the airport to catch a flight out, you will not be disappointed with this place. It is in Gurgaon so it is a bit of a drive into Delhi but its not bad at all and completely worth it. This is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at and I look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive sentiments have been shared with the entire team.

Your concern about the hardness of the rolls has been shared with the Executive Chef. Corrective action is being taken as I write to you.

Thank you again for the kind words. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

David Mathews.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have two things to add to all the rave reports of my fellow reviewers...
First, they are all so right. Its am amazing hotel made even more amazing by the staff. Service is clearly a core value of this hotel and it shows. Special thanks to my floor butler who arrived with my welcome drink at 1am!
Secondly - the bathrooms...I don't think i have ever stayed in a hotel with bigger, better bathrooms. Such a pleasure to come back to after a day of (lets face it) the uninspiring experience of navigating Gurgaon's business districts.

The Oberoi is a true pleasure to eat, sleep (and shower) at.

Room Tip: Avoid if possible the first floor rooms - the full length windows look straight out onto the gardens...
1 Thank lucy u
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback !

We pride ourselves in having some of the largest rooms and bathrooms in the entire city. We are glad that you liked the space available to you, we completely understand that office hours can sometimes get the better of you, and we try our level best to give maximum comfort levels to all our guests.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team, I am sure this will go a long way to keep them motivated.

We look forward to your next visit at The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Oberoi was an amazing find! My team and I were in Delhi on business and as part of our planning process, identified several hotels, the Oberoi being among them. Based on the pics and reviews seen on several sites, I took a random shot and selected the Oberoi as it was approved by our company and well within the cost limits of our travel policy.

Simply put, we arrived in Delhi at a reasonable hour but completely screwed up by the time change. On arriving at the gates of the hotel, our car and bags were searched because of the terrorist concerns. However, it was more like a show with the guards dressed to the nines and being very quick about the process. When we got to the entrance of the hotel, our bags were scanned, but while that occurred, I was introduced to Silki who led me on a walkthrough of the hotel, took me up to my room and processed my check in there. My bags were promptly delivered and the Deluxe room was shown to me. Amazing! Very well appointed, extremely comfortable bed and when the guy delivered the glass of watermelon juice, I knew the right decision was made.

As someone pointed out, the rooms are very big, bright, and comfortable. The shower . . . oh, the shower is a magnificent experience!!! After 13 hours on a plane, I didn't want to get out!!! The rest of the hotel is exceptionally clean, staff are very friendly and there for your every need. They provided us several shuttles (BMW 750s) to get us to/from the airport but around the city as well. The concierge helped us arrange for a trip to the Taj Mahal (which was an interesting experience in itself!).

As to staff, I had a housekeeper come in one evening to do the turn down service while I had a cricket match on. I was completely bewildered by what was happening. She took the time to explain the basics of the game to me, some of the key players and, at one point, why everyone was getting so excited by a play that seemed rather tame to this American's jaded eyes. So I came away still confused but at least with a better understanding of why the wicket is so key. She didn't have to do that, but it was an enjoyable way to learn the game from someone local.

It should be noted that the Oberoi has a sister hotel next door called the Trident. Both are from the same cloth so if you can't get into one, go for the other.

It is very clear why this hotel gets the awards and ratings that it does. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Floors 1-3 are probably the quietest, but almost everywhere is quiet.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

We are delighted that you chose The Oberoi, Gurgaon for your stay. We are even more thrilled to read that the hotel and the services were able to match up with your expectations.

We always stress on the fact that simplicity in service is always the best way forward- the swift security check, an in room check in, the welcome drink are all a part of those small, simple things that make up a great experience.

Cricket may not be our National sport but is followed very passionately throughout the continent, we are happy that you managed to learn a few basics about the game.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the entire team. We all look forward to your next visit at The Oberoi, Gurgaon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The stay in The oberoi was amazing. All the aspects viz rooms, service, pool, spa, restaurants , etc were exceptional. Stayed there for 4 nights and never had a cause for complain. The breakfast served is huge and caters to all tastes. The staff is always happy to help. They provide a free pick up and drop to the Ambience Mall which is very useful. I hope the hotel maintains their good work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
David M, General Manager at The Oberoi, Gurgaon, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasant feeling to know that we were able to meet expectations of our guests every time they stay with us.

We have always believed that small gestures make a lot of difference, a drop to the malls around us is just one of those gestures.

We look forward to your next visit with us and hope to see you soon.

David Mathews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Trident, Gurgaon
Trident, Gurgaon
#2 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,137 reviews
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
Westin Gurgaon, New Delhi
#4 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,329 reviews
ITC Grand Bharat
ITC Grand Bharat
#3 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New Delhi
#1 of 708 in New Delhi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,685 reviews
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hotel & Residences
The Leela Ambience Gurugram Hote...
#15 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,000 reviews
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
Hyatt Regency Gurgaon
#9 of 229 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,007 reviews

Been to The Oberoi, Gurgaon? Share your experiences!