“Excellent rooms with good service, overall nice experience”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12
Ranked #31 of 229 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Excellent rooms with good service, overall nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days and really liked the hospitality of the hotel! Hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful. They really made the difference.
Rooms are spacious with all modern amenities and decor also neat & clean. The hotel has a nice gym with all basic equipments. It also has a Spa, though I have personally not used it, so can't comment on that. In room dining experience was also very good..Indian food I ordered was nice,
Only flip side about this hotels are :
1) breakfast spread needs improvement...cut fruits served was bad also quality of fruit juice can be improved.
2) overall nice experience about the hotel gets lost with very frequent power cut in the rooms. Power generally comes back in 30 seconds, still hotel should do something with the power back up arrangement to resolve the frequent power cuts.
I would give this hotel 7 on a scale of 10 & would definitely recommend this hotel to fellow travellers.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank KOLBABU
, Online Representative at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gurgaon Sector 12, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Country Inn & Suites, Sector-12, Gurgaon!

Thank you for spending your valuable time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.We are also delighted to know that your stay was comfortable and you greatly liked our rooms, staff and services.

Our breakfast menu is loved by our guests usually but yet we have considered your suggestion and will try to improve your breakfast experience on your next visit .We assure you that guest is of prime importance to us and we always endeavor towards delivering a stupendous guest experience.

We are pleased that you enjoyed majority of your stay at our place we look forward to welcome you back for yet another wonderful stay and this time we will make you say "I love this country".

Regards
Sumit Goyal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stayed at the Country Inn & Suites - Gurgaon, Sector 12 from the 10th Feb - 12 Feb 1012, room No 4017.

The GOODS:

The hotel is at a Great Location if you are on a business trip to Gurgaon but a little far if you are visiting Delhi.

The Front office staff was very courteous, always smiling and very helpful with what ever we asked them.

The rooms are GREAT. They are pretty spacious and well equipped with all the modern fittings and very comfortable.

The house keeping, I must say was excellent and the rooms and toilet were very well cleaned and all my scattered clothes were neatly folded and kept aside for me to pack.

The breakfast was complimentary and good and the staff again was very helpful and courteous.

The BAD.

I had a problem with my Air Conditioner which wouldn't cool lower than 23.5 Celsius and I noticed it pretty late at night. I did inform the front office who sent up the maintenance staff immediately to check and rectify the problem. The maintenance staff told me the same was fixed and to call back if the cooling didn't improve. The cooling did not improve but being late I didnt call back, so I dont blame anyone but myself..

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Seeraj
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

None of the taxi or tuk tuk drivers knew where this new hotel was and its sister hotel the nearby Radisson gave us the wrong directions. But once we found it we were able to negotiate a good rate with the very helpful on duty floor manager. He even had assisted us in trying to find another hotel in the area but they were all either full or overpriced.
The room was excellent for business purposes with a nice desk and lots of plugs to recharge equipment. It was spacious and very comfortable.
Food in the restaurant was quite good and, because the hotel was new, they sought our advice on the menu and on some of the items.
Staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful.
It is quite a ways from downtown New Delhi, but has the advantage of being closer to the airport and is handy if you have business in the Gurgaon area.
Prices are high for this area, but the hotel is first class and very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DanoCanada
Hapur, Uttar Pradesh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Me and some of my friends were looking at a decent and not so expensive accommodation in new Delhi / Gurgaon .My elder brother suggested me COUNTRY INN,and looking at the website we decided to go for it.and that was really a good suggestion.we find a very healthy environment for short stays and amazing staff out there who always ready to help customer ,and best ever seen customer care which was ready to help 24*7 .The quality of food was excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank goelakash
Vadodara, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

The rooms and services were great and can be a good stay for a business trip as well as a personal trip. The location is good if you have offices to be visited in Gurgaon, else will be bit inconvenient for a Delhi office visits.... Breakfast was included and was very good, ensures you start your day on a good note...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank kaushal_mehta
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

It was more of a layover stay for us, and we were looking at decent and not so expensive accommodation in New Delhi/Gurgaon. One of my friend's recommended the Country INN, newly opened hotel, and looking at the website we decided to go for it. It took 03 calls to hotel from cab driver to understand the directions to reach, but in the end the operator was good to give the right directions and we reached, without getting lost. My first instance in Delhi, where even people gave right directions( Have always been misguided).

On reaching the hotel, we were escorted to the room. Started unpacking. I have a habit of locking the room with a safety chain, guess it worked. After 15 minutes heard the room opening. Upon there stood the same receptionist who escorted us to the room and he questioned whether I was staying in the same room. I was shocked. He was with another guest(Guess he allocated same room to 02 different guests). The receptionist quickly realized his mistake, apologized. It was the only flaw during the stay.
Overall food was amazing. We were really tired and didn't venture out, decided to order room service. Minibar is well stocked and room is very modern.

For 150$ room I thought it was a great stay...

Room Tip: The view from rooms is old apartments, so close spiderman can jump across. Keep the curtain's an...