“Everything's Excellent but Food”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #106 of 2,788 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Savour the best of North Indian cuisine at 'Saffron', the Indian speciality restaurant, which offers traditional delights from Kashmir, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and the North-West Frontier region. Cuisine: Indian Timings: Lunch: 12:30 pm - 03:00 pm Dinner: 07:30 pm - 11:30 pm
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were at Trident for an official meeting. We were totally mesmerized by the beauty of the place. Once you are in the hotel, you won't even realize that you are adjacent to a chaotic Udyog Vihar. By the time our meeting got over, it was already dinner time, so we decided to try out one of their restaurants. Since we wanted Indian food, Saffron it was.
We were greeted by excellent staff, who were more than happy to shift us to another table (after we settled in) because we felt a little uncomfortable. The restaurant is beautiful but a tad too small. I felt the seats were a little conjusted. So much so that we could over hear a group of people sitting on the adjacent table.
The food however was not upto the expectations. The yellow dal and kofta were a little too salty for us. The portion is also small as compared to other restaurants in the same segment. However, I wouldn't mind the portion if the food is yummy.
Overall, everything from staff, interiors, live music, surroundings was a win win but food. I would any day prefer Diya (at Leela Kempinski) over Saffron

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I just visited last night Saffron at Trident Hotel in Gurgaon. The food was nothing great, but the atmosphere, layout right from the moment you enter the hotel was awesome. The restaurant was almost empty so was able to sit right next to classical Indian musicians playing sitar, tabla and some other instrument. Just love the set up, staff were extremely friendly, just wished the food could have been a little more exciting. Absolutely perfect setting to interview someone whilst having a quite meal.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I visited this restaurant few time in the last 2/3 years as this is very close to my office and we had several official meetings and dinners in this place. Somehow, I have never found a restaurant in Oberoi hotels ( The Oberoi - Bangalore is exception) giving good food. They present and prepare Indian food to suit the tastes of Western travelers. The service was awful as the lady was not even giving us a smile when we entered and she gave an impression that she was waiting for some important guys and was thoroughly disappointed seeing us! Reluctantly, she showed a table ( nothing to choose from: either near the door or close to the musicians ) and we ordered some drinks and vegetarian food. Consistently on all the occasions, I took food in this restaurant, I found the food very bland and tasteless. Service was good and definitely, that cannot make up for this tasteless food.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I went with my cousins who had come down from US, they wanted to have Indian food hence I took them to Saffron at Trident Hilton in gurgaon. The ambience was very nice, stewart was very well informed about the menu and the preparation, the food was yummy and the qualli was icing on the cake to add to the mood of an Indian dinner. It was a wow experience.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I went with my colleagues and clients from Singapore for lunch. The ambiance of the restaurant is great.The Trident service quality sweeps you leaving you with a great experience. The serving staff was very courteous and attentive.
We ordered buffet, and requested if the same could be served at the table and the staff very happily made arrangements.

I had ordered for veg thali and i must say from the soup to the main course and the dessert , each item was sumptuous.

The pan ice cream served as dessert was great.A must try for Indian food lovers :)